Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Even though we lost versus Carolina, I so liked our '30s-era throwback uniforms in that game -- particularly the old-school, Blackhawkish Indian-head logo on the jersey sleeves -- that I decided to save up my pennies and get myself a personalized throwback jersey emblazoned with the number 33 and BAUGH on the nameplate. And I never spring for the pricier personalized jerseys.

As for our current uniforms, I agree with the sentiment expressed by some on here that we should wear burgundy & gold at home and white & burgundy on the road. I've never been crazy about the white & gold combo, which may have to do with the overly-busy-looking stripes on the sides of the pants as well as the socks. If that part were to be simplified, perhaps I'd better like the white & gold combo.

• 3 weeks later...

I love everything about our uniforms except the gold pants. I can not stand the gold pants and will never understand why we wear them as often as we do. The helmets are phenomenal but I think it would be exciting to have an alternate helmet/uniform that isnt related to a throwback of some kind. Here are a few I've found on ebay. I love the black helmet. What do you guys think?

White Helmet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIDDELL-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-CUSTOM-FULLSIZE-FOOTBALL-HELMET-LARGE-/300843467089?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item460bab0151&nma=true&si=Cx%2BQJ8UzQl8uyXYgoo1pHZGjRyE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Black Helmet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Black-Washington-Redskins-Riddell-Revolution-Speed-Mini-Helmet-/271138399609?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f211ba579

Burgundy Helmet:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RIDDELL-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-CUSTOM-F-S-FOOTBALL-HELMET-10-RG3-LARGE-/290843859179?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item43b7a518eb

Edited by jsf23mr

I don't care what anyone says... that white one is clean.

EDIT: And by no means do I want us to change our uni's. I love them how they are now... but I wouldn't mind have any of those helmets in my man cave.

Edited by DC9

Good grief what is it with everyone's obssession with black uniforms or helmets? They are not intimidating. They are not good looking. They are not our colors. I just hate seeing, especially in college lately, traditional college uniforms turned into black monstrosities. Give it a rest already.

Good grief what is it with everyone's obssession with black uniforms or helmets? They are not intimidating. They are not good looking. They are not our colors. I just hate seeing, especially in college lately, traditional college uniforms turned into black monstrosities. Give it a rest already.

Agreed.

Burgandy and gold aren't really great colors. I don't think I've ever worn gold outside of it being something Redskins related. I don't wear anything Redskins related that's not white, gray, or black. Wearing burgandy and gold outside of the stadium looks stupid IMO.

But some updating wouldn't be bad, like how the Broncos and Bucs updated their color schemes and uniforms for the better.

Burgandy and gold aren't really great colors. I don't think I've ever worn gold outside of it being something Redskins related. I don't wear anything Redskins related that's not white, gray, or black. Wearing burgandy and gold outside of the stadium looks stupid IMO.

But some updating wouldn't be bad, like how the Broncos and Bucs updated their color schemes and uniforms for the better.

Burgundy and Gold are great colors BEACAUSE they are the colors of the Redskins.

Has anyone heard of new uniforms and a re-branding of the team for the RGIII era. Kind of like what the Falcons did for the Vick era. Markthehomer is a VP at Nike and usually has the inside track on these things.

I've heard about the teams either receiving a tweek or full rebranding and we are not one of them. I also think that the fans are for the most part tied to our current unifrom set, so I don't see a change coming. I could be wrong though.

I've heard about the teams either receiving a tweek or full rebranding and we are not one of them. I also think that the fans are for the most part tied to our current unifrom set, so I don't see a change coming. I could be wrong though.

What teams are changing uniforms this year?