Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Ah, no worries. I figured that one would not be too popular. I just think it looks sharper, but then again, I'm a "less is more" kinda guy. Speaking of, the jersey below is my favorite Skins jersey, and it is super basic (which I love). I also really like the Gold pants with the single Burgundy stripe.

Great uniforms, but it's a shame they were worn during such a crummy time in the team's history.

The 1972 uniforms are my all time favorite. I'm so glad our current home uniforms look so much like it.

kilmer_billy.jpg

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 03:30 PM ----------

Burgundy jerseys' date=' white pants are lame. Burgundy jerseys, gold pants & white juerseys, burgundy pants. Those two should be the home/away.[/quote']

This man gets it. I never liked the burgundy jerseys/white pants combination. I'm glad the team so seldom wore it.

The burgundy pants/white jersey away combination is awesome, though.

Great uniforms, but it's a shame they were worn during such a crummy time in the team's history.

The 1972 uniforms are my all time favorite. I'm so glad our current home uniforms look so much like it.

http://www.redskins.com/assets/images/team/history/70-greatest-redskins/kilmer_billy.jpg

I like that look too.

1. The striped socks do not look as out of place since the jersey has similar sleeve stripes.

2. The jersey numbers are all white, no trim.

3. The white stripes on the helmet are thinner than they currently are (which I think is a better look).

Really the only thing I do not like about the uniforms are the inconsistencies. Fix those, and we have a perfect uniform (maybe just darken up the burgundy and gold a little too).

Edited by Diesel Hog

Yep. I mean they weren't that bad, but it definatley wasn't easy to look at.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/olineburgundy.jpg

Oh yeah, you also can't forget about the fact that those were during the Zorn era :doh:

Those leg stripes on the burgundy pants look terrible. They need to be changed to match the gold pants we currently have.

Those leg stripes on the burgundy pants look terrible. They need to be changed to match the gold pants we currently have.

That's what I'm talking about. The inconsistencies are crazy. They need to fix 'em. Either go double striped for all pants or triple. Either go back to that jersey with all the stripes on the sleeve, and keep the multi-striped socks, or go solid burgundy socks with no jersey sleeve stripes (just a single band at the end of the sleeve). The details / not so noticeable / minor things of the Redskins uniform are a mess.

Edited by Diesel Hog

Yep. I mean they weren't that bad, but it definatley wasn't easy to look at.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/olineburgundy.jpg

Oh yeah, you also can't forget about the fact that those were during the Zorn era :doh:

I also like the gold biker shorts Morgan is wearing in your avatar. Let's give those a go this year.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I like the double stripe, so I'd prefer the gold pants it if the gold pants were changed to match the white and burgundy pants.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 04:21 PM ----------

See, I don't really like those jerseys.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 04:23 PM ----------

I also like the gold biker shorts Morgan is wearing in your avatar. Let's give those a go this year.

Haha, isn't the NFL making thigh and knee pads mandatory at some point?

Haha, isn't the NFL making thigh and knee pads mandatory at some point?

I thought it was going to start this coming year but not sure.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 04:28 PM ----------

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/468/741/houston_ken_display_image.jpg?1288131895

If they are thinking about tweaking, go back to the solid color numbers without the outline, and the stripes on the sleeves like these.

If the players all got those sideburns as well, maybe I could get on board. Otherwise leave those uniforms in the dust of history with shag carpet and bell bottoms.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/468/741/houston_ken_display_image.jpg?1288131895

If they are thinking about tweaking, go back to the solid color numbers without the outline, and the stripes on the sleeves like these.

No, reminds me too much of striped sweaters. Plus, nobody wears long sleeves like that these days anyway.

Football teams, especially NFC East teams, look best when their uniforms are

1.) Simple

2.) Show their colors prominently

The '72 uniforms did just that as do our current uniforms. Our colors are burgundy and gold and for much of the team's history, gold trousers of some kind or another have been a part of the uniform. I'm happy to see they're back.

No, reminds me too much of striped sweaters. Plus, nobody wears long sleeves like that these days anyway.

That's why I would get rid of jersey stripes. Pretty much everyone has no sleeves (except Cousins), so stripes on the sleeves aren't needed. That is why I like the simple solid color jersey with a single gold band.

I would essentially keep the same jersey, but remove the useless double striped band at the end of the sleeve. Why even bother trying to make it double striped? It simply doesn't work with the way guys wear their jerseys now. So I would do that, and make the numbers a solid color, no trim.

Here is a pic of JJ. You can clearly see that the double striped band is pretty useless. On this burgundy jersey, it should just be a single gold stripe.

A70G0142JenkinsLarge.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

1.) Simple

The '72 uniforms did just that as do our current uniforms. Our colors are burgundy and gold and for much of the team's history, gold trousers of some kind or another have been a part of the uniform. I'm happy to see they're back.

Burgundy and gold are our colors, but the gold is so bright, you don't need that much of to make an impact. I think it looks way better as a trim color.

Now, if we changed the gold to a darker shade like the 70th anny uniform, then I think I'd fall in love with the gold pants.

That's why I would get rid of jersey stripes. Pretty much everyone has no sleeves (except Cousins), so stripes on the sleeves aren't needed. That is why I like the simple solid color jersey with a single gold band.

I would essentially keep the same jersey, but remove the useless double striped band at the end of the sleeve. Why even bother trying to make it double striped? It simply doesn't work with the way guys wear their jerseys now. So I would do that, and make the numbers a solid color, no trim.

Here is a pic of JJ. You can clearly see that the double striped band is pretty useless. On this burgundy jersey, it should just be a single gold stripe.

http://prod.static.redskins.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/WAS/centerpieces/home-page-centerpieces/A70G0142JenkinsLarge.jpg

I just think if you leave the trim on the sleeves you want the same matching gold trim on the numbers. We aren't savages here this **** gotta match lol

I like the idea of a single sleeve stripe, but like I said before, I can't get on board with a solid number color. That's just my taste though.

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 04:41 PM ----------

I just think if you leave the trim on the sleeves you want the same matching gold trim on the numbers. We aren't savages here this **** gotta match lol

Exactly!

Edit: As a side not, if we ever had to change our team name, I vote we change it to the "Savages," just have a crazy badass as our logo, and drop the association with Native Americans.

Edited by RansomthePasserby

Burgundy and gold are our colors, but the gold is so bright, you don't need that much of to make an impact. I think it looks way better as a trim color.

Now, if we changed the gold to a darker shade like the 70th anny uniform, then I think I'd fall in love with the gold pants.

That I agree with. Are you talking about a shade sort of like this?

Those are a good shade. If we could keep the current jerseys (though maybe without the gold trim around the numbers and darken the shade of burgundy), get rid of the 70th Anniversary logo on the trousers and keep the same helmet, I think we've got a winner everyone can agree on.

I can't get to excited about anything having to do with that season because of how awful it was, but I do agree that those uniforms are pretty awesome.

I know there are people that want us to update our look, but there's so much tradition in the Redskins ranks that I really think we'd be doing ourselves a disfavor by going that route. Look at the Eagles uniforms. Their old Kelly Greens, especially the ones they wore in 2010 against the Packers, are classic. I don't know anyone, young or old, that didn't love them.

The NFC East is all about tradition and to mess that up is a shame.

1.) Simple

Yes! The Eagles also need to do something about their hideous uniforms. They should go back to this look:

randallcunningham.jpg

---------- Post added April-24th-2013 at 05:17 PM ----------

I love the colors of the 70th anniversary as well (just less shiny pants. The matte look is far better). That to me is real B&G. Also, you guys win. I'll give up on the no trim around the numbers thing. :cheers:

Guest Spearfeather
Good. I didn't think anything was wrong with their old Moss/Carter era uni's. Those uni's with their current helmet would look pretty sweet.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/204403621.html

The Vikings were set to reveal their new uniforms at their draft party Thursday at Mall of America Field, but an inadvertent photo leak on a Jacksonville TV news website beat them to it.

stmedia.startribune.com/images/565*294/ows_136677495862358.jpg

new%20vikings%20uniform.jpg

Edited by Spearfeather