Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Yeah, that, or this.

http://fatherhoodetc.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/redskinsgoldpants.jpg

See, I'd love it if we had this color scheme with our current uniform pattern and helmet (grey facemasks are a sin).

redskinsgoldpants.jpg

I like this color scheme the best also. Not that I dislike the current scheme but I have always wished for the classic Burgundy (not maroon) and Gold (not yellow). It would be nice to see a version of this uni with the current logo (maybe over sized a bit on the helmet (not quite this big and still on both sides, not a fan of the Pittsburgh single sided logo). The sleeve styling could be stripes or the arrow to give a hint of that era. I like the pants as is with the thin white stripe and thinner burgundy accents on each side. Socks are great too, similar to current but in the classic colors.

6a015432d86661970c014e8a10a0b6970d-pi

Like this helmet but NOT black, Burgundy with Gold face mask and logo a little smaller. Somewhere between current and this size. No stripes down the center.

HTTR

Edited by bentskin
bad pic

I would use these as a base:

redskinsgoldpants.jpg

Like the darker burgundy. Like the numbers and letters in plain white with no trim. Take the stripes off the sleeves and just have the spear/feather on the side with the numbers on the shoulders.

Like the color gold, but would not have it shiny. I like the piping down the leg, but the white piping would be as thin as the two burgundy pipings. Take the spear off the hip.

Use the current helmet, but make sure the burgundy of the helmet matches the uniform. Make sure the face mask matches the color of the pants.

Away jersey would be white and would be the same as the home, except burgundy numbers and letters with no trim.

Solid burgundy socks with no stripes.

Edited by pjfootballer

I would use these as a base:

http://fatherhoodetc.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/redskinsgoldpants.jpg

Like the darker burgundy. Like the numbers and letters in plain white with no trim. Take the stripes off the sleeves and just have the spear/feather on the side with the numbers on the shoulders.

Like the color gold, but would not have it shiny. I like the piping down the leg, but the white piping would be as thin as the two burgundy pipings. Take the spear off the hip.

Use the current helmet, but make sure the burgundy of the helmet matches the uniform. Make sure the face mask matches the color of the pants.

Away jersey would be white and would be the same as the home, except burgundy numbers and letters with no trim.

Solid burgundy socks with no stripes.

I'm with you. What I was basically getting at is an updated version of the below pic. I'd like something like this, but with the current helmet (with matching colors of course). I'd also be fine with double or triple striped pants rather that the single stipe in the picture.

09000d5d81747292.jpeg

I like our jerseys the way they are. A lot of teams went with darker colors during the late 90's/early '00s, and a lot of them looked ugly, and still do. I like our current shade of burgundy and gold. I f I changed anything, it would have to do with the striping, and maybe going with the 3-D helmet in that hideous rollerball pic. That's it. Oh, and outlaw white pants.

Ok, this is how I used my lunch hour today.

Excuse the crude microsoft paint, but this was the quickest way. I feel the Redskins unis could be modified enough to feel both modern and classic at the same time.

Step 1.) Darken up the burgundy and the gold. No more red and yellow. Take the burgundy and gold that’s close to the 2002 “Spear” unis.

Step 2.) Eliminate un-needed pant stripes and white stripes on sleeves.

Step 3.) Eliminate White pants. We need burgundy pants for the classic, Gibbs era White jersey, burgundy pants combo.

Step 4.) Eliminate sock strips. We want simple. We want classic. We want mean.

Step 5.) Eliminate the flywire collar. Go back to the solid collar please.

Step 6.) Make a modernized spear uni that incorporates the spear logo into the helmet and jersey. Wear them at least more than twice per year. Everyone loves the spear.

Let’s face it, everyone has bad memories of certain uniform combos and good memories of others. Let’s have RG3 make us some new memories in some new, yet classic feeling unis that everyone can dig.

tumblr_mltqz25N6P1qi39t0o1_r2_1280.jpg

Edited by Soup's Uncle

Ok' date=' this is how I used my lunch hour today.

Excuse the crude microsoft paint, but this was the quickest way. I feel the Redskins unis could be modified enough to feel both modern and classic at the same time.

Step 1.) Darken up the burgundy and the gold. No more red and yellow. Take the burgundy and gold that’s close to the 2002 “Spear” unis.

Step 3.) Eliminate White pants. We need burgundy pants for the classic, Gibbs era White jersey, burgundy pants combo.

Step 6.) Make a modernized spear uni that incorporates the spear logo into the helmet and jersey. Wear them at least more than twice per year. Everyone loves the spear.

[/quote']

Excellent. You even found a way to do Burgundy on Burgundy.

. No more red and yellow.

We don't wear red and yellow. We wear burgundy and gold (I've actually gone to great lengths to illustrate this in the thread with color palettes and literal definitions). Our "Yellow" is more gold than other gold you'll see. The burgundy you posted is no more burgundy than the jerseys we already wear. Under normal lighting, our jerseys are burgundy. It just might not look that way in the sunlight. And I like our current sock/stripe combination. It's unique, and not bland as hell like that illustration (no offense, of course).

Ok' date=' this is how I used my lunch hour today.

Let’s face it, everyone has bad memories of certain uniform combos and good memories of others. Let’s have RG3 make us some new memories in some new, yet classic feeling unis that everyone can dig.

[url']http://25.media.tumblr.com/bad9ebee189a74641c38e890d8281590/tumblr_mltqz25N6P1qi39t0o1_r1_1280.jpg[/url]

Pretty good work there soup.

I like 1, 3, 5, and 6.

For #1, I'm all for using the colors from the 70th, just less shiny gold. Then again...I do like the current colors too, but I hate the shiny look. Both the burgundy and gold pants would look better being less shiny. I'd be fine with current colors but less shiny.

For #3 you still included them :silly:

#5 is an absolute must. I hate that look. All teams that have it look stupid.

For #6, I like the idea of using the 70th anniversary uni as a template for a throwback.

I tend to agree with you for #4, but my bigger thing is just being consistent. When the team wears white pants they have solid burgundy socks. With gold pants it's multi striped socks, and with burgundy pants is double striped socks. Pick one and stick with it.

I partly agree with #2. The jerseys in your mock ups are pretty much exactly what I was getting at yesterday with the solid gold (home) or burgundy (away) stripe on the sleeve, and no color trim around the numbers. However, I think the pants piping has to stay, but I think it needs to be consistent between the gold and burgundy pants. I'm in the triple pipe camp (like the current gold pants), and would like to see that done for the burgundy pants too (2 gold pipes with a center white pipe).

Re: Skins colors...just saw a clip of RG3 at FedEx pumping up the crowd. There was a "R" banner behind him, and it has the colors I want the team to use. The burgundy and gold both seem darker, which I think looks better. It's not a huge difference, but you can see the burgundy in that banner is darker than RG's jersey.

dm_130428_nfl_rgiii_jumps_around_for_fans.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

I know you did this mock up in hurry Soup. But would you put numbers on the sleeves or shoulders? I thought that was required, but don't hold me to that.

By the way nice job.

Thanks man! Not sure if it's required or not. I think it is, but I didn't even think of it.

Guest Spearfeather
Thanks man! Not sure if it's required or not. I think it is' date=' but I didn't even think of it.[/quote']

OFFICIAL NFL PLAYING RULES 24

Rule 5, Section 4

Numerals

© Numerals on the back and front of jerseys as specified under NFL rules for the player’s specific position. Such

numerals must be a minimum of 8 inches high and 4 inches wide, and their color must be in sharp contrast with the

color of the jersey. Smaller numerals should be worn on the tops of the shoulders or upper arms of the jersey. Small

numerals on the back of the helmet or on the uniform pants are optional.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook

Edited by Spearfeather

I want to see these again this year:

I love the true burgundy and true gold. Don't get me wrong, I like the "gold" pants they wear now. But if they went to these shades with a deep burgundy helmet....no logo on that. Rather, the player's number. That would be sharp. A mix of old and new.