Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I have always preferred the Redskins

Wearing Burgundy tops, White pants

and Burgundy socks.

That's probably my least favorite combo. I was bummed last season when they decided to keep the white pants instead of the burgundy ones.

>It looks weird as hell with no burgundy collar.

Not as weird as half and half, that's for sure.

True. Can't wait for the return of the burgundy pants. We'll probably see that combo the most this year, especially earlier in the season, when it's still pretty warm.

The picture that Travdaskin posted of Brian Orakpo revealed something that I'd never really noticed before.  I've long been unenamored with the particular type of striped socks that are used with our gold pants, and now I know why.  Five stripes!  Talk about overkill.  Lose the top two (or the bottom two) stripes, and I think those socks would look much better -- or, at least, not as loud.  And, as was noted previously in this thread, make the tri-stripe on the gold pants a tad thicker, à la the Niners.

When you tweak bland ... you get Vanilla!

Skins need a complete new approach to Uni a la Under Armour!

Vanilla is good.

re: Under Armour style looks, oh please no.

The best unis are the classic ones.  Redskins, Chicago, Pittsburg, NYG, NYJ, Oakland, Kansas City, etc...The new school ones, like the Jags, Broncos, etc...all look stupid.

Vanilla is good.

The best unis are the classic ones.  Redskins, Chicago, Pittsburg, NYG, NYJ, Oakland, Kansas City, etc...The new school ones, like the Jags, Broncos, etc...all look stupid.

Broncos new unis are great.  The Giants uniform is to plain.  Both New York teams looked better in their 80's uniforms 

Vanilla is good.

Broncos new unis are great.  The Giants uniform is to plain.  Both New York teams looked better in their 80's uniforms 

You are entitled to your opinion, but the Broncos look stupid.  The "big D" look of the 80's / early 90's was way better.  Giants / Jets looked stupid in the 80's.  New way is much better.

Not necessarily uniform related, but since someone above mentioned new Nike throwback gear, I took a look on the Redskins shop site and found this atrocity:

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9654&catID=11

Just look at that "4" Not even close to correct.  What is Nike doing???

Those shirts aren't made by Nike. These ones are:

post-210359-0-96824200-1374357830_thumb.

Not necessarily uniform related, but since someone above mentioned new Nike throwback gear, I took a look on the Redskins shop site and found this atrocity:

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=9654&catID=11

Just look at that "4" Not even close to correct.  What is Nike doing???

Those shirts aren't made by Nike. These ones are:

attachicon.gifthumb-1.jpeg

Good catch! How did I miss that?  Still...it's licensed, how about get the number font correct?

I have always preferred the Redskins

Wearing Burgundy tops, White pants

and Burgundy socks.

That's probably my least favorite combo. I was bummed last season when they decided to keep the white pants instead of the burgundy ones.

>It looks weird as hell with no burgundy c

ollar.

Not as weird as half and half, that's for sure.

True. Can't wait for the return of the burgundy pants. We'll probably see that combo the most this year, especially earlier in the season, when it's still pretty warm.

If that's the case, I will be very happy this year. That's the uniform combo I grew up with, so that's the ideal Redskins look to me.

Along with that Alfred Morris screw up, Nike also put out a shirt with the Panthers logo and "NC" on it...

INSIDE A PICTURE OF SOUTH CAROLINA!

Talk about pushing to get the product out without a quality check! 

Pay Millions to have the right to NFL gear.  Raise all prices on everything (Jerseys by a large%), then have overseas do the clothes without any sort of check!

As Larry the Cable Guy says...Only in America!

Along with that Alfred Morris screw up, Nike also put out a shirt with the Panthers logo and "NC" on it...

INSIDE A PICTURE OF SOUTH CAROLINA!

Talk about pushing to get the product out without a quality check! 

Pay Millions to have the right to NFL gear.  Raise all prices on everything (Jerseys by a large%), then have overseas do the clothes without any sort of check!

As Larry the Cable Guy says...Only in America!

Oh I saw that shirt too!  I could understand if it had both NC and SC on it since they market to both states, but just SC is a total goof up. They play in Charlotte!

• 4 weeks later...

The script R throwback was great, but c'mon, the Slingin' Sammy throwbacks from last year were simply amazing.

I really hope that they start wearing those (last year's) one game every year. Maybe around Thanksgiving. I actually think that the NFL should have all teams wear throwbacks on Thanksgiving weekend. It just feels right.

• Like 1

Why do people want the Skins to wear throwbacks of loser teams that didn't win anything?

Why do people want us to wear Packer inspired yellow helmets and pants literally brought by Lombardi himself?

Bring back the white top, burgundy pants ASAP.

Why? I don't know, it's only what they won three ******* Super Bowls in....that's the Redskins to me.

• Like 3

If you suck ass, and your FO/ownership is a mess, you are going to suck no matter what uniform you are wearing. Regardless of how many SB's we won in the white/burg, we also sucked for almost 20 years in them. Fans want a new spin on things. For everyone who hates the gold pants, if you talk to more fans of other teams, you'll see that a lot of them think the burg/gold-white/gold is one of the cleanest looks in the NFL.

Sometimes it's okay to not wear the same jersey every game, and bring a little flavor to the table.

Regarding the gold pants, if they replace those stupid 5-striped (gold/white/gold/white/gold) socks with the white pants' non-striped socks, then I could get onboard with the gold pants being worn on an ongoing basis.  Short of that, they should go back to wearing burgundy pants with white jerseys.  Heck, they should wear burgundy pants with white jerseys as much as possible in my book; make the white jersey/gold pants combo something worn in less than half of our road games.  Home games are a different story, as the burgundy jersey/gold pants combo looks niiiice. B)

As far as the throwbacks, it would be great to see either our 1930s or 1960s throwbacks get worked into a game or two every season, as the Chargers do with their 1960s throwbacks.