Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

After 20 years of losing its time to change the unis and bring out a fresh new look.

The current design is bland and conveys a stale "losing" image.

The helmet logo is a poor design (double featrher motiff is confusing and difficult on the eye).

To top things off, the helemt Logo arguably conveys a racist image.

It is beyond rationality that the Skins organization does not address this issue urgently.

Yes I did. and our current uniforms are boring and outdated.

I would love for you to say that to any respected football mind. I wonder if Shanny believes that changing our uniform design will help Rex Grossman make better reads or Reed Doughty to cover.

Winning is about having the talent and discipline to execute. Not what colors you're wearing.

After 20 years of losing its time to change the unis and bring out a fresh new look.

The current design is bland and conveys a stale "losing" image.

The helmet logo is a poor design (double featrher motiff is confusing and difficult on the eye).

To top things off, the helemt Logo arguably conveys a racist image.

It is beyond rationality that the Skins organization does not address this issue urgently.

Yes...lets kowtow to the pc crowd. Eff that noise. The logo is ICONIC, you dont change that. You have to be under 25.

I would love for you to say that to any respected football mind. I wonder if Shanny believes that changing our uniform design will help Rex Grossman make better reads or Reed Doughty to cover.

Winning is about having the talent and discipline to execute. Not what colors you're wearing.

Exactly. If the Redskins post 11 wins next year, this "boring" uniform nonsense will be over.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

Yes...lets kowtow to the pc crowd. Eff that noise. The logo is ICONIC, you dont change that. You have to be under 25.

I'm 23, and I love our current logos and uniforms. They are what we are as a football team and a historic franchise. We are one of the most storied franchises in sports and IMHO, you change the Redskins logo, it's like changing the logo of the Yankees, or even the Cowboys. You see anyone calling for a change to the star? No. Quit with this nonsense. Putting a spear on Rex's helmet won't win us a Super Bowl.

Edited by Boston Skins

Exactly. If the Redskins post 11 wins next year, this "boring" uniform nonsense will be over.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

I'm 23, and I love our current logos and uniforms. They are what we are as a football team and a historic franchise. We are one of the most storied franchises in sports and IMHO, you change the Redskins logo, it's like changing the logo of the Yankees, or even the Cowboys. You see anyone calling for a change to the star? No. Quit with this nonsense. Putting a spear on Rex's helmet won't win us a Super Bowl.

I am not sure you understand the difference between the Yankees, Cowboys, Packers, and Redskins. We have had 3 or so major branding changes. We had a feather on the top of the helmet, we had the spear, we had the "R", and now we have the Indian head. I don't think stepping back to our past and rebranding a spear helmet uniform would be the same thing as the Yankees or Packers changing things up for the first time.

I love the current logo for nostalgic reasons. I watched 4 Super Bowls and 3 championships while our team wore these helmets, but I think it is OK to move forward. It won't change history and these unis can rest in the peace with the era during which they DID mean something and represent a winning tradition.

I don't see either of them playing next year

This same dumb argument for the jersey change works with Fedex too. RFK was a dump but people loved it because we won there. If we won, no one would ***** about the uniforms

you can still want new uniforms. i personally am not advocating new unis because we are losing...i want them because there are some cool designs and imagery that you can pull off with our colors, name, and mascot. with feathers, spears, burgundy, and gold...i just believe that it is time for a re-boot. i would also like the stadium to have some mascot-specific things, if possible.

Where is all this uniform change b/c we lose talk coming from? I've posted in this thread like 100 times and I've never ever, ever equated uniforms to wins. That's just plain retarded.

Having said that, I think the team's look is outdated. The two stripe look just screams 80's, and looks dated. Now, I've advocated a more 60's throwback look, so that may come off as hypocritical, but the 60's rocked, the 80s were cheese. Plus the 60's look I've posted are old school classic. Clean, simple, sharp. I'd love for the team to always wear gold pants, and have a simpler away and home jersey. Check my post from the last page, and that's basically what I'd like to see the team wear. Nothing drastic, nothing about reinventing the wheel, just kind of a throwback with a touch of modernness (like the NYG did with their current uniforms). I'm fine with keeping the chief on the helmet, as the spear reminds me too much of Florida State. I don't know about the triple stripes on the helmet though...maybe cut out the white stripes and just have a single gold stripe down the middle. Add that to the current gold pants, a simpler jersey, and there you go.

---------- Post added January-22nd-2012 at 05:46 PM ----------

This same dumb argument for the jersey change works with Fedex too. RFK was a dump but people loved it because we won there. If we won, no one would ***** about the uniforms

People love RFK b/c it has character. FedEx Field is soulless.

Edited by Diesel Hog

I am not sure you understand the difference between the Yankees, Cowboys, Packers, and Redskins. We have had 3 or so major branding changes. We had a feather on the top of the helmet, we had the spear, we had the "R", and now we have the Indian head. I don't think stepping back to our past and rebranding a spear helmet uniform would be the same thing as the Yankees or Packers changing things up for the first time.

I love the current logo for nostalgic reasons. I watched 4 Super Bowls and 3 championships while our team wore these helmets, but I think it is OK to move forward. It won't change history and these unis can rest in the peace with the era during which they DID mean something and represent a winning tradition.

All teams have had branding changes over their history. But, the for the majority of the Redskins history, we have seen the Indian head logo. There's nothing wrong with it. I really hope it doesn't get changed.

Lets admit it the last few iterations of the uniform have had way more yellow than gold. Unless your telling me this gold, if so i'll contact my optomitrist.

redskins-throwback-uniforms-vs-giants2.jpg

Not sure why we still refer to our colors as B&G. I'm assuming the original uniform was this color but since color cameras didn't exist or cameras in general :pfft: we will never know. If this is not the reason then please educate this misguided fan. I'm sure we have some old timers that remember the original uniform or maybe not, we did have leather helmets

Edited by MR2Drift

I agree with you, but burgundy and yellow doesn't sound as good. And I'd rather not switching to a color more true to "gold" like the Saints' or 49ers' pants.

On an aside, I wish we'd use those uniforms in the picture you provided every once in a while just to mix it up. That's such a simple, appealing uniform to watch.

That picture is from 2007. Maybe look at last year's uniforms?

If you really want to split hairs, our uniforms are a little more vivid and less... tan, I guess, than the color of actual gold. Still, this is one of the most pointless possible thread topics.

Welcome to the offseason, folks.

Edited by Enter Apotheosis