Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Your Larry Brown picture is the same jersey as one of the Jurgensen photo's you reference

The Kerrigan Jersey

They're very similar.

I still think to my eye that the current Jersey is a shade lighter than the one I linked. ALSO, I did say make the one I linked a few shades darker. Make sense?

Edited by Buford

So you want a jersey that is burgundy and white with no gold? Boring! :)

Maybe gold around the sleeve trim. I keep saying, to me, stripes on the sleeve look weird now b/c all the players push them up to the shoulder pads. So having them isn't needed anymore. Maybe gold trim on the bottom sleeve and a gold collar. Other than that, what you call boring I call clean and classic.

For jerseys, I feel less is more. I hate the jerseys of Atlanta, Seattle, Cincy, Denver, New England, etc....To me, NYG, NYJ, Oakland, SF, all look much better.

I really think the Redskins would look good in something like what the Raiders do (the Skins did it back in 60's so my way it basically an updated throwback). Imagine this picture below in Burgundy and Gold, it would be a great look for us:

Jacoby_Ford_Kickoff_return_TD.jpg

Here is one that I'm kinda going form, except keep the current helmet:

SJurgensen8x10-150.gif

Edited by Diesel Hog

That is old, and it aint happening.

Diesel Hog, the stripes are fine. Yes, the players role them up, but the fans don't.

AAAAAunzKf0AAAAAAJ0VaA.jpg?v=1196179805000

Nothing is wrong with this.

I do like the burgundy and white jerseys with stripes. I wouldn't be opposed to a newer version of the current 2 stripe look, with the classic 5 stripe look. How about 3 stripes on the jersey to match the current gold pants and the triple stripes on the helmets? So on the burgundy jerseys, two gold stripes with either white or burgundy in the middle. And for the white, two burgundy stripes with gold in the middle.

I do like the burgundy and white jerseys with stripes. I wouldn't be opposed to a newer version of the current 2 stripe look, with the classic 5 stripe look. How about 3 stripes on the jersey to match the current gold pants and the triple stripes on the helmets? So on the burgundy jerseys, two gold stripes with either white or burgundy in the middle. And for the white, two burgundy stripes with gold in the middle.

Sounds good to me.

The only thing I really want to see is a darker shade of burgundy. I really don't care how the jersey looks as long as the color being used is the same burgundy from our 70th anniversary jerseys. If that is all Nike does I won't complain.

Nike isn't doing anything. The team and the league are the ones that have a final say one a change. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Nike is going to change every teams jerseys and logos. They have no final say on that.

What I meant by that was the type of material that they use.

If you have noticed, every time the NFL has changed sponsors, our shade has changed a little. From Wilson, to Puma (lol) , to Reebok. Our shade has changed a little.

What I meant by that was the type of material that they use.

If you have noticed, every time the NFL has changed sponsors, our shade has changed a little. From Wilson, to Puma (lol) , to Reebok. Our shade has changed a little.

It definitely sounds like the material is changing? Will that effect our shade of burgundy? I have no idea. I'd be ok with a darker burgundy though.

Found this quote in an article.

Nike brand president Charlie Denson fueled that expectation in an interview with CNBC soon after the five-year deal with the NFL was announced in late 2010, saying, “We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs.”

An NFL spokesman downplayed that notion this week and pointed out that teams and the league determine their logos and distinctive markings, not Nike…

The NFL’s Nike jerseys will be unveiled in April. The draft could be the coming out party for Nike’s new line.

Edited by Pick6

I like that DeiselHog wants to go back to the darker, more simple uniform that Sonny wore, but I think we'd have to at least trim the numbers in gold if we left stripes off the sleeves. We're not burgundy and white, we need some gold. The Raiders are silver and black, so no need for stripes and trim on theirs.

I like that DeiselHog wants to go back to the darker, more simple uniform that Sonny wore, but I think we'd have to at least trim the numbers in gold if we left stripes off the sleeves. We're not burgundy and white, we need some gold. The Raiders are silver and black, so no need for stripes and trim on theirs.

We'd have gold pants still.

I despise the Giants, but they got it right with their uniforms. Their home has no sleeve stripes, but their away has the red stripes. Maybe some gold trim on the sleeve, and a gold collar. Or, maybe make it a three stripe look as opposed to the current two stripe look.

Maybe something like Penn State does, but where it's blue, make it burgundy, and where it's white, make it gold:

FF_162433_l.jpg

This made my eyes bleed a little. I am open minded to a third "gold" jersey. But, I wouldn't roll that out until the team can post a winning record.

I agree, that uniform is atrocious, although I am more open to the idea of a more modern uniform like the ones Nike put out for some NCAA teams than reverting to the old tired uniforms we've had before. Its a new era, younger fans don't wanna see throwbacks, they want new uniforms all together. I think it'd be a mistake to just revamp one of our throwbacks and call it a new uniform.

I agree, that uniform is atrocious, although I am more open to the idea of a more modern uniform like the ones Nike put out for some NCAA teams than reverting to the old tired uniforms we've had before. Its a new era, younger fans don't wanna see throwbacks, they want new uniforms all together. I think it'd be a mistake to just revamp one of our throwbacks and call it a new uniform.

When you're not young anymore, you'll hate the new things. Every team in the NFL with "new" uniforms looks stupid. Out of curiosity, what would you like to see that is so new? I mean, it's a football uniform. Tight pants, with tight jerseys...How much "newness" do you want to see? What are some examples? I know a lot of younguns, and they also hate the tacky "new" style of teams like Seattle, Cincy, etc...

You tell me, does the throwback or the new one look better?

seahawks-028.jpg

Seattle-Seahawks-84-T.J.-Houshmandzadeh-Blue-Premier-NFL-Jersey.jpg

---------- Post added January-31st-2012 at 05:53 PM ----------

I suppose something like this isn't too bad:

http://www.nfljerseyfanparadise.net/t1861-the-1st-concept-washington-redskins-uniform-for-2011-12

RedskinsHOME.png