Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Here you go lol:

colors.gif

4691848155_dbed351275_o.jpg

---------- Post added January-24th-2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

Nice. I'm not a whiz at all with photoshop or picture editing, so something like that would probably take me 30 minutes or so.

Nah, just a sloppy but quick magic wand to select and delete the green field and a paint bucket for the background after using Pantone colors :thumbsup:...

Edited by Califan007

OP,

Well I don't know what so say but I feel sorry for you. Why you ask? Every year this topic comes up and every year the majority of the color commentators would say ..... It is B&G. Even I with my aged eyes that see in perfect color can tell you that your seeing B&Y, but someone conveniently puts a beautiful color chart from Home Depot or Lowes showing all the different shades of yellow from dark to light and will say "all these colors are gold". I think no different then someone seeing murder on tv too much they get desensitized, some folk here have seen yellow too long used as gold and are content with their desensitization.

I too would love to see a more "metalic" looking gold which would be more on the darker side but to many fans here obviously go to the "Golden Arches" of McDonalds too much and believe that yellow is actually gold. I'm glad to say that I am happy that my second team, Tampa, does not have that problem with the color Pewter looking more like gray. But good luck on this misadventure, don't take the comments personal because your fandom will probably be put to the question and simply sit back and enjoy all the misguided people's comments about their belief as to what color are all "shades" of gold instead of accepting that they and the team are wrong and should change to a more metalic color gold.

Have a nice day.

Why not ask? It's the offseason and this is a forum dedicated to all things Redskins.

I agree with you and VRIEL1. The color is more on the bright side of yellow, not the darker/dirtier shade. And if nobody is talking about it, then it will just stay the same. I got a 1970s banner that is clearly GOLD, not yellow.

How does a Redskin fan have a 2nd team? I'll never have a 2nd team. I mean, if we suck, I'll take another team that I like to watch, but I don't openly root for them or have any of their gear. For years I liked to watch Brett Favre and the Packers or Peyton Manning and the Colts, but I never claim to have a 2nd team.

The current gold pants worn this season with either jersey combo and the burgundy socks are absolutely perfect. I wish they were the every game look.

For the most part I agree. I just don't like that the gold pants are triple striped, as is the helmet, but the jerseys are double striped on the sleeves. With the way players wear jerseys today, with the sleeve nearly pushed up to the shoulder, I think having stripes on the sleeve is kinda pointless.

Keep the current "gold" pants, keep the helmet, but remove the white stripes. For the jersey, tone it down. Remove the stripes from the sleeve, and get rid of the gold trim around the numbers so you end up with something like this:

RackMultipart.17809.0_display_image.jpg?1258603990

For the most part I agree. I just don't like that the gold pants are triple striped, as is the helmet, but the jerseys are double striped on the sleeves. With the way players wear jerseys today, with the sleeve nearly pushed up to the shoulder, I think having stripes on the sleeve is kinda pointless.

Keep the current "gold" pants, keep the helmet, but remove the white stripes. For the jersey, tone it down. Remove the stripes from the sleeve, and get rid of the gold trim around the numbers so you end up with something like this:

totally in agreement with all that. it kind of makes me think of the current giants uniforms. they have very little flair as far as striping around the sleeves and numbers. The jerseys are just solid blue. It looks sharp and classic at the same time.