Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

While I appreciate the redskins trying to bring back the Gold pants and Burgundy jerseys I cant help but to compare them to looking like 11 Ronald McDonald's out on the field.

Time for a change.

Well the original Ronald McDonald was born in Alexandria VA. Obviously they were showing strong support the history in the DMV area.

I think the Skins front office understands the how important the current uni set is to the fans, as well as, team branding. If there are any changes that I see being made, I think that maybe we'll see a throwback of some sort and making the pant stripes on the gold set consistent with the white and red pants. Just my 2 cents though....I could be completely wrong.

I don't understand what would be so important about the current uniforms. I know we won our Super Bowls wearing them, but so what? We won championships in other uniforms and, in the context of our history, it's not like we've been wearing these for a long, long time. There are some NFL uniforms that have not changed in a very long time...so I understand why the Packers, Bears, Raiders, and Browns (for example) are reluctant to change. We've changed plenty, so why not do something different?

Personally, I would love to see us use some variation of the 60s throw-backs that we sported under Spurrier. I don't care that we had a bad season in them. It would be similar to what the Giants and Jets did recently and those two are among my favorite uniforms in the league. If we were going to change in the direction of the Lions, Broncos, or Falcons, then I'd prefer to sit tight.

While I appreciate the redskins trying to bring back the Gold pants and Burgundy jerseys I cant help but to compare them to looking like 11 Ronald McDonald's out on the field.

Time for a change.

If they change the pants to Gulden mustard color which it was in the 70's then it would be okay. The French's yellow is awful.

I think the Skins front office understands the how important the current uni set is to the fans, as well as, team branding.

This is garbage. the current uniforms are severely outdated and I don't believe too many redskins fans hold our current uniforms in THAT high of regard that they'd never change the uniforms again. This team that we're building is completely different than the teams that we once won championships with while wearing these same uniforms. I feel that in order to win again, and create a NEW winning tradition, we need new uniforms. We're living in the past with our uniforms now, just as many older redskins fans do, live in the past. The truth is that this is the PRESENT and we're looking forward to the FUTURE. We're not gunna win anymore championships in the 80's, or the 90's, or the 00's for that matter. Lets get uniforms for this decade, this century, this millennium, to unify our teams new ideals. We've simply used up all the "win" in our uniforms.

This is garbage. the current uniforms are severely outdated and I don't believe too many redskins fans hold our current uniforms in THAT high of regard that they'd never change the uniforms again. This team that we're building is completely different than the teams that we once won championships with while wearing these same uniforms. I feel that in order to win again, and create a NEW winning tradition, we need new uniforms. We're living in the past with our uniforms now, just as many older redskins fans do, live in the past. The truth is that this is the PRESENT and we're looking forward to the FUTURE. We're not gunna win anymore championships in the 80's, or the 90's, or the 00's for that matter. Lets get uniforms for this decade, this century, this millennium, to unify our teams new ideals. We've simply used up all the "win" in our uniforms.

You had me all the way until you said that in order to win we need to new uniforms. Besides, isn't one of our teams ideals tradition? ;)

This is garbage. the current uniforms are severely outdated and I don't believe too many redskins fans hold our current uniforms in THAT high of regard that they'd never change the uniforms again. This team that we're building is completely different than the teams that we once won championships with while wearing these same uniforms. I feel that in order to win again, and create a NEW winning tradition, we need new uniforms.

I wouldn't change a thing. Just like the Bears, Steelers, etc....The Redskins uniform is a classic. Changing the uniform to some radical design such as this....would be awful. The play on the field has nothing to do with what they are wearing.

Time for a change.

You say Ronald McDonald, but red & yellow makes me think of

hulk-pastamania-sm.jpg

I wouldn't change a thing. Just like the Bears, Steelers, etc....The Redskins uniform is a classic. Changing the uniform to some radical design such as this....would be awful. The play on the field has nothing to do with what they are wearing.

But, it's not. The Redskins have had 4-5 different logos on their helmets while the Bears, Steelers, and Packers have had one. I'd prefer they go back to the true burgundy and gold and re-adopt the spear on the helmet. I thought the Spurrier throwbacks were awesome.

But, it's not. The Redskins have had 4-5 different logos on their helmets while the Bears, Steelers, and Packers have had one. I'd prefer they go back to the true burgundy and gold and re-adopt the spear on the helmet. I thought the Spurrier throwbacks were awesome.

Yup, couldn't agree more. Loved the spear on the helmet and Jersey. If only they made the facemask gold/mustard to match the spear not the grey color!

True, the helmets have changed over the years but they have been the same since the late 70's other than the curved feather in 1982.

I guess I'm talking about radical uniform changes like Denver, Tampa, NE, etc

This post is 100% the antithesis of my feelings.

I watched both NFC divisional games this weekend, and I pointed out to my wife how great it was that there were four teams in action who ALL wore traditional designs. It was great...everything I love about the NFL.

Edited by The Slamming Butcher

True, the helmets have changed over the years but they have been the same since the late 70's other than the curved feather in 1982.

I guess I'm talking about radical uniform changes like Denver, Tampa, NE, etc

Well yes. I'd want a re-imagining of a classic old-time look. I certainly do NOT want a "modern" look like the Broncos or Falcons. That's why I loved the Spurrier-era throwbacks, because they captured the look we wore in the 1960s but had a modern and clean look to them. If we just brought those back, I think it would be a great way to turn the page to the next era of Redskin football.

I don't mind a uniform makeover, but I don't like the "modern" ones like Denver, Atlanta, Cincy, Seattle, etc...all wear. I despise the Giants, but I like that their "new" uniforms were a throwback to the 60's look, same with the Jets. The Buffalo Bills did it right too by going to a new, but old school look this season. I'd be on board for the Redskins to do something similar. Honestly for me, I don't like the 2 stripe look that you see on the Jerseys and on the White and Burgundy pants; it's very outdated. This is even more of an eye sore with the Gold pants, because those are a triple stripe. I love the gold pants, but they need to get rid of the two stripe look on the Jersey sleeve. Plus, since everyone pushes the sleeves up anyway, there is kinda no point to even having the strips (again, see the NY Giants Blue Jerseys).

Re: the "gold" color. I have mixed feelings. I don't want to see the Skins have "gold" like New Orleans or St. Louis, I like the current "gold", but I wouldn't mind it being slightly darker, and slightly less shiny. As for the Burgundy, I'm all for the darker look. I"m not a fan of the Cranberry look we don now.

Here is the Jersey I'd like to see the team wear:

SonnyJurgensenPhoto.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

DH, I'd love that. If they brought that look back as their permanent uniforms, with a simple white/burgundy jersey for road games, it would be sharp.

It is very sharp isn't? Nice, clean, and simple. I'm not sure on the helmet. I do like the "arrow", and I know we had it first, but it just reminds me too much of Florida State now. I wouldn't mind a Burgundy "R" helmet though with the "R" being gold (basically reverse the 75th anniversary helmet), or the current one, minus the white stripes.

As crazy as it sounds too, I'm not opposed to a "gold" Jersey. I think a Gold Jersey / Burgundy Pants combo could look cool (it could also be terrible). I see the QBs wear them in practice, and I think it looks alright.

Edited by Diesel Hog

I'd like to see a feather on the helmet for every superbowl win and a slight redesign with each one as well. Almost like the little signs on helmets in college for good deeds. Warrior tradition. Take an ear.

cool idea...hopefully it gets to the point where it looks obnoxious. i really like that, it would be a very unique tradition AND give snyder incentive to win since he would sell new shirts and hats with the updated designs. :ols:

This post is 100% the antithesis of my feelings.

I watched both NFC divisional games this weekend, and I pointed out to my wife how great it was that there were four teams in action who ALL wore traditional designs. It was great...everything I love about the NFL.

You took the feelings right out of my mouth, heart and gut!

Did you really just say we need to change our jerseys to win? :ols:

I love our current uniforms.

Change your jerseys to win?

Patriots did it.

Buccaneers did it.

Lions did it.

Broncos did it...

And also, I dunno if it's been posted yet, but rumors say that when Nike unveils the 2012 unforms for all clubs on April 1 (I know, bad day to unveil it), that the Redskins might have a black jersey shown.