Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

WTF happened to the gold pants?  Team colors are burgundy and gold not burgundy and white. I don’t mind a change up now and then, but majority home games should be burgundy and gold, and majority away games should be white over burgundy.

Now and then mix it up with the white pants, but they should not be in regular rotation. Oh, and for the love of god, please bust out the gold jerseys at some point. 

Edited by Diesel Hog
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Am I mistaken or have we had our butts whipped in both white pants games this season?

We beat the Packers in white pants.  Wore burgundy pants against AZ.  1-2 in white pants.  They should have worn brown pants last night as bad as they crapped the bed.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

We beat the Packers in white pants.  Wore burgundy pants against AZ.  1-2 in white pants.  They should have worn brown pants last night as bad as they crapped the bed.

I should have said, "Non-gold pants games." We're undefeated in gold pants this year!  ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skins island connection said:

It didn't matter what color pants they had on Monday night, Drew Brees pulled them down and violated them.

Can we file a grievance with the NFL as part of the #metoo movement?

Political Disclaimer - This comment was in no way meant to belittle the seriousness of sexual assault or harassment of women.  It is simply a light hearted attempt at humor about the suckitude of our franchise. 

Edited by RFK Lives
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

The Burgundy jerseys over White pants as our main uniform was only worn consistently in 2001 during the Marty Schoteinheimer season. They are loser uni's just like the Burgundy over Burgundy.  

Dont know why your singleing out 2001,  but this franchise has sucked since 1993.

Every uniform combo is loser combo at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If this is correct, we will be wearing white with burgundy this Sunday.

According to ESPN’s Todd Archer, the Cowboys will go navy three times. They’ll go navy with the white pants (like they did in New York last season) at home against Tennessee, and they’ll rock the traditional navy tops with silver bottoms look on the road in Washington.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/8/3/17646980/cowboys-are-officially-going-to-wear-their-navy-jerseys-three-times-in-2018

• Thanks 1

If that's true...it means we are again giving a minor nod to the Gibbs era over the George Allen era (which is good, in my opinion). 

I like that we wear dark at home...but also like a little wink to the 1980s in the Dallas rivalry by forcing them to wear their darks in DC. A subtle, but classy move!

Edit from the article: 

Archer also notes that Dallas will wear their road blues on the road against the Redskins. For older Cowboys fans, this is incredible. There is something that just screams NFC East about Cowboys blues against Redskins whites in Washington. It’s classic and should be done more often.

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I have to admit, I LOVE the burgundy and gold look, and I miss it this year. Then again, we've sucked in it against Dallas and it reminds me of Bruce, so ... I'm all for the blue vs. white this week. 

It's going to be chilly, both teams are competitive, it'll be the late-afternoon start time...I'm already pretty excited. 

750fe114c8279a391b7ee8a7b04213c1--redskiGettyImages-51123615.0.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Except the gold was never gold.... they looked like a bunch of Ronald McDonald's out there. Gross!

Burgundy/Burgundy, White/White, Burgundy pants/jersey on White pants/jersey.

Those work. Get rid of that yellow BS unless they use true gold like FSU

I never minded the "gold" that they used. It was in line with what many sports teams refer to as gold. The Steelers and Packers call their yellow gold. I think that deep yellow actually looks better than the 49ers or Saints version of gold. 

• Like 2

Jersey colors remainder of year based on other team info.  I'd assume burgundy at home unless we start a trend with Dallas....

Cowboys (H) - White - per previous post

Giants (A) - White - per Giants uniform sched

Falcons (H) - ?

Buccaneers (A) - ?

Texans (H) - ? (Texans only preview home uniforms for the year)

Cowboys (A) - Burgundy - per previous post

Eagles (A) - ? (Although I'd expect the all black eagles alternates, so white)

Giants (H) - Burgundy - per Giants uniform sched

Jaguars (A) - ?

Titans (A) -  ?

Eagles (H) -