Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Gibbs, Your Rude Awakening is Calling

Major Harris

I think Gibbs turned everything over to the coordinators and now doesn't want to step on their feet, just like with Brunell.

Maybe he is too old to do it anymore. Who knows. I do believe we would have done better last season if Brunell was benched when he got hurt in the Giants game that Ramsey got us the win during. Brunell never played well after he came back but Gibbs just put him back in there. It was 2004 all over again after that.

Brunell has been struggling? When did this happen. Reading your posts all year, he has been doing great. It is all on the defense.

Where are the stats to defend your boy? Jumping off the bandwagon only after 2.5 years of worthlessness from Mark? If we only had a better D we could protect the 3 points Brunell has put up against the division on the road.

I get so tired of reading your posts. I dont know what that fella has said but most people who defend Brunell (myself included) are saying that he isnt the ONLY problem with this team. I wouldnt even bother commenting but you and I have had words on this very subject. Its your belief that Brunell IS the only problem and its laughable. Do you watch the games? Our defense cant stop a nose bleed. And our O-line is just as disgusting. The playcalling has been extremely frustrating and YES, Brunell has struggled. But you never talk about anything but Brunell. GET A CLUE.

one point that i neglected to make clear is how much it hurts to say what i said. i was spoiled in the early years of my redskins fandom, by gibbs himself. i was sad when he left the first time, i was one of the giddiest people on earth the day he came back, singing his name to the tune of the "o-le, o-le, o-le" soccer chant to my cowboy fan co-worker. i defended him even during the darkest times of his first and second season, and in to this year. i just can't anymore. i hope he gets is right. i'm still his fan, i just have some well-placed doubts.

pretty much what i expected. no one wants to hold gibbs accountable. we blame brunell, we blame saunders, we blame snyder, we blame vinny, we blame the refs.......

I agree with you Major. There are serious problems on this team all around so ultimately it all comes back on the HEADcoach.

This post is so very true! It's sad because the some of the morons and idiots on this board will ride Gibbs and dangle from his sak until he can do no wrong. We are one of the worse teams in the NFL and you idiots still don't see the change needed? Most of you have no clue how to think about playing football let alone knowing what a team should look like.......

oh well....go ahead and blast me too...fight your guts out coach Joe! Maybe we'll go 6-10!

Fact is, the definition from a fan of "doing something" is either to have the results show up on the field, or to make a player change.

Jason

I don't think the bottom line point made in this thread is about player changes. It's about the Head Coach changing his overall approach. This team lacks energy, focus, and discipline. It also can't make adjustments during the game or correct recurring problems (i.e. the o-line and the D giving up big plays). All of this has led to players not performing up to their potential.

Those area's are the head coaches responsibility. I think the point people are making is that Gibbs has to change course in order to fix these problems.

Now, some may question the need of signing Arch in the first place, but it has been well established by Gibbs that if there is a guy that they think can help improve this team, they are going to get that guy. It was thought that Arch was going to be that guy in the SS position. Whether that was the right decision in the long run will play itself out. (And no, it hasn't played itself out yet.)

He's been benched. It's safe to say that the Arch Era has played itself out.

The big question is how huge the cap hit will be if they decide to cut ties with him in the off-season.

As easy as it would be to blame one particular person, and you can pick your person, Gibbs, Brunell, Arch, GW, Snyder, whomever, I dont see one single aspect of a game or running a franchise that this team does very well. They cant stop the run or the pass. They dont pressure oppossing QB's or cause turnovers.

They dont stick to the run even when they DO run the ball effectively, Brunell cant attack the center of the field, they cant stop a pass rush, they cant convert 3rd and shorts.

The personnel decisions have been iffy. I like Lloyd and especially Randle El. Carter is very average. Arch is well, done. Duckett is a non-factor.

I am not smart enough to understand how this team could be SO FREAKING GOOD at the end of last year to THIS BAD right now. Blaming individuals doesnt cover it. :2cents:

Those area's are the head coaches responsibility. I think the point people are making is that Gibbs has to change course in order to fix these problems.

And Gibbs has said as much. Problem is, some problems probably can't be fixed midseason.

He's been benched. It's safe to say that the Arch Era has played itself out.

The big question is how huge the cap hit will be if they decide to cut ties with him in the off-season.

We said the same thing about Brunell in 2004, and he managed to stick around and even find some success.

Arch won't be gone simply because he's going to be cheaper to keep on the team than to get rid of him. The only time you get rid of a guy that way is if the player in question is a cancer on the team. (Coles)

Jason

I get so tired of reading your posts. I dont know what that fella has said but most people who defend Brunell (myself included) are saying that he isnt the ONLY problem with this team. I wouldnt even bother commenting but you and I have had words on this very subject. Its your belief that Brunell IS the only problem and its laughable. Do you watch the games? Our defense cant stop a nose bleed. And our O-line is just as disgusting. The playcalling has been extremely frustrating and YES, Brunell has struggled. But you never talk about anything but Brunell. GET A CLUE.

You need to get a clue. Brunell sucks. Has since he came here. Our D is playing far worse than the past 2 years, I have commented on that many times. However, without addressing the worthless qb situation our idiotic front office has created, we aren't going anywhere regardless of the defense. I know it's tough admitting your boy sucks.

Playcalling has actually been pretty good. We have receivers open on most plays, you are the one not watching the games. Brunell is a scared worthless shell of an NFL qb. Saunders calls plays that give Brunell a chance to throw for 2 yards when she panics at the sight of a d-lineman.

As easy as it would be to blame one particular person, and you can pick your person, Gibbs, Brunell, Arch, GW, Snyder, whomever, I dont see one single aspect of a game or running a franchise that this team does very well. They cant stop the run or the pass. They dont pressure oppossing QB's or cause turnovers.

They dont stick to the run even when they DO run the ball effectively, Brunell cant attack the center of the field, they cant stop a pass rush, they cant convert 3rd and shorts.

The personnel decisions have been iffy. I like Lloyd and especially Randle El. Carter is very average. Arch is well, done. Duckett is a non-factor.

I am not smart enough to understand how this team could be SO FREAKING GOOD at the end of last year to THIS BAD right now. Blaming individuals doesnt cover it. :2cents:

i agree that just about our whole team sucks. but when everything is this bad, it's on the head coach. fair or not, that's how it is.

You need to get a clue. Brunell sucks. Has since he came here. Our D is playing far worse than the past 2 years, I have commented on that many times. However, without addressing the worthless qb situation our idiotic front office has created, we aren't going anywhere regardless of the defense. I know it's tough admitting your boy sucks.

Playcalling has actually been pretty good. We have receivers open on most plays, you are the one not watching the games. Brunell is a scared worthless shell of an NFL qb. Saunders calls plays that give Brunell a chance to throw for 2 yards when she panics at the sight of a d-lineman.

i agree that brunell sucks, but i would call the play calling far from pretty good.

when we face, in 2 consecutive weeks, 2 of the bottom 5 run defenses in the league and clinton portis gets 14 and 17 carries in the 2 games, that's bad.

Take a harder line Gibbs. Where is the accountability all year. As mentioned previously the number of carries CP got is ridiculous. Too many penalties and lost 1 v 1 battles by the O-line. Defense gets no pressure and secondary can't cover tight enough this year. It has been unacceptable, but tolerated. We have the talent to fix every one of these problems, but are giving the players too many breaks. That is where the coaching staff comes in. Their job is to motivate players so they show up on game day and do their job. Niether is happening. Gibbs has free riegns given to him by Synder who does nothing more than right the checks for the players Joe wants. Nothing more we can ask of him. Something needs to be done and hopefully Joe will show the fortitude to correct things and return to Glory where we belong. Campbell is one step...

A bunch of idiots in this thread. There's no doubt Gibbs is completely in charge of personnel and team decisions and has been since he returned. I still love the guy, I don't want him to leave or get fired, but this team IS his responsiblity. I got your back, Major :gang:

I agree.The coach puts the blame on his shoulders.Why shouldnt everyone else.He IS resposible for the personal thats there.Period

Lets turn it around for next season.

Archived