Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mr. Gibbs, Your Rude Awakening is Calling

Major Harris

No point in debating I think you made my point. Snyder is like a fan. He just trust Gibbs to run the team. He is not a good owner.

A good owner would put his coach in best position to win. Not just trust him .

Ownership should mean leadship.

:doh: I'm pretty much done with you.

were you saying this when he was hands on?

i highly doubt it.

a good leader knows what he's good at and what he isn't. football decisions are not what snyder is good at. marketing is, and he's highly successful at his job.

You know what i am saying. I said get a GM 20,000 times.

You are doing this on purpose. Or you are Dan Snyder.

Coach Gibbs always takes full blame.

That's only half the equation. The other half is correcting the problem! After 2.5 years, I'd say we're very much still the same organization he inherited, even with last years playoff run. Certainly not where I thought we'd be thinking back to the morning I heard Joe Gibbs was returning to coach the Redskins!

Where I differ from your folk is that I think of teams like arizona and the saints who dont have 3 SB trophies to fall back on etc. Some teams just work in cycles and need the personel in place. I still have faith in this coaching staff, I just dont think the personel is there. jeez, even peyton manning was 3-13 his first year, things take time

My biggest thought is how long this coaching staff will stick along to see it frutition.

Agreed.This IS on Gibbs.

What really worries me is that I don't know if he can get it fixed this year or not. I want to believe he can, but at a 3-6 reality, part of me just wants this season over.

This year really reminds me of his first year back. The Jansen injury killed us that year. Joe getting his feet under him hurt us. Players getting used to his system hurt us.

Year two we're in the friggin Playoffs & a few plays in the Seattle game from the damn Super Bowl.

Year three, we're right back where we started from in year one. New scheme. New coaches. MORE injuries.

It ain't easy being a Skins fan. Hasn't been for a long, long time.

That's for sure, man. it ain't easy.

The one thing that still really irks me and just seems so contrary to what Gibbs is about is letting go those guys that are the heart and soul of a team. The coaches on the field, the undrafted and low round picks, the real super smarts and true Redskins. It's letting go of guys like Antonio Pierce and Ryan Clark that's just mind boggling. And the really hard part is, from all accounts and impressions, they gave us ample opportunity to match and keep them. We didn't want them.

You know what i am saying. I said get a GM 20,000 times.

You are doing this on purpose. Or you are Dan Snyder.

snyder is not a football guy.

it took him 5 years to realize this, so he did the unthinkable and brought gibbs back. gibss is in control. if gibbs saw it fit to have a gm, he'd have one. danny will not usurp power from gibbs.

is there a way to make it more clear?

and i wish i were dan snyder.

You know what I would love? I would give almost anything for a day with Gibbs, Saunders and Williams to be able to actually KNOW, once and for all, and for a fact, what is REALLY wrong, and how they are working to fix it. See if there is a plan, and if the plan is working, if they are working towards SOMETHING, and if they are or aren't seeing it coming to light, a bit at a time. Straight answers, the real deal.

I would give anything for that.

snyder is not a football guy.

it took him 5 years to realize this, so he did the unthinkable and brought gibbs back. gibss is in control. if gibbs saw it fit to have a gm, he'd have one. danny will not usurp power from gibbs.

is there a way to make it more clear?

and i wish i were dan snyder.

So what does Vinny do? He just makes the deals and goes home right. So what is he doing now?

Lets see how you get out of this.

Where I differ from your folk is that I think of teams like arizona and the saints who dont have 3 SB trophies to fall back on etc. Some teams just work in cycles and need the personel in place. I still have faith in this coaching staff, I just dont think the personel is there. jeez, even peyton manning was 3-13 his first year, things take time

My biggest thought is how long this coaching staff will stick along to see it frutition.

the personnel? are you kidding? gibbs has had 3 years to get the personnel in place. he's spent millions on brunell, randle-el, moss, taylor, archuletta, carter, springs, washington, griffin, rabach, re-signing samuels.......

So what does Vinny do? He just makes the deals and goes home right. So what is he doing now?

Lets see how you get out of this.

i'm not a vinny fan. so i'm not sure where you're going with this one....but according to everyone at redskins park, vinny helps negotiate deals for players that gibbs and crew choose.....

am i out of that tough one? :whew:

Major - I agree with the sentiment of your post.

Anyone who listens to JG's pressers knows that Gibbs takes the responsibility.

It's not even an argument.

More to the point of this thread.....what is the plan from here?

And I pray it doesn't involve Brunell !!

they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so i hope tarhog doesn't get irked that i tweaked his idea. :cheers:

coach gibbs, your wake up call is now. what you're doing is not working. your history is great, and it can't be touched. what you have done for and what you mean to this franchise can't really be described in words.

but this time around, it's not working. you managed to do what no one else could. you got dan snyder take a back seat. he turned it all over to you. and he did it with a blank check. it's what all the fans said this franchise needed. we all pretty much agreed that danny's heart was in the right place, he wanted to win, but he needed to give it to somebody who knew how. that person was you.

and it's not working. you have traded away draft picks for guys that have played very sparingly or not at all. you have been loyal to guys that just don't get it done. you have stuck by bugle, who oversees one of the mose underachieving offensive lines in the league. you have been grandpa joe to the players, coddling them, protecting them, not holding them particularly accountable. and it's not happening.

what will you do to change this? we're tired of hearing how the super smart guys fought their guts out. we're tired of guys that can't get it done still being protected by you. we're tired of not having any draft picks in april. sure, if we were winning, the draft wouldn't matter. but we're not.

so i'd like to know. what's the plan? will you man up and tell danny to get vinny out of here? will you bite the bullet and tell buges that he's just not getting it done and he's being replaced? will you tell that to brunell? no more vague "we have problems, and it's my fault." tell us what's up.

when the die hard fans, your most stout supporters, start to doubt, there are serious problems.

I know everyone is going to bash you for that post.Today was the last straw for me!!!We had a bye week the week before, to go out and fix our problems and we have not.We were lucky as hell to beat dallas last week.Even Gibbs says he is the first one to blame!!!I say so be it then.Good coaches make adjustments and hard choices and right now it's time to start looking at who is not playing well.The first one on that list for me is Mark Brunell!!!The second would be our defense starting with our secondary.Gibbs needs to man up and start making the changes.

i'm not a vinny fan. so i'm not sure where you're going with this one....but according to everyone at redskins park, vinny helps negotiate deals for players that gibbs and crew choose.....

am i out of that tough one? :whew:

So if he just makes the deals, is that not the most important thing.

That is half the game. If you make better deals, like not giving Arch a huge contract, maybe you can afford a better safety.

If you are doing deals, maybe you can keep Smoot and Peice.

Doing the deals and negotiate for players is half the battle.

That speaks to your depth and salary cap room.

If Vinny is doing the deals, he is responsible for giving up a third round pick for Duckette and Brunell.

I don't agree with this. Gibbs handed the offense over the Al, I see no reason why he wouldn't stay on to work with a real GM. That's how the team was set up back in the 80's.

Yes, but would he be willing to work FOR a GM now?

I have no doubt Gibbs would be willing to bring in a GM to take some of his personel responsibilties from him, but he would still want final say on all personel matters. How would that fix the problem?

I mentioned this in Die Hard's thread.

This week I saw an interview with Gibbs on the Ch.4 Gibbs Show and Gibbs made a comment about the FO setup that was this, "I'm really comfortable with our setup". What came to mind to me when I heard this was that perhaps it's not such a good thing that Gibbs is so "comfortable". Maybe we need someone in place that Gibbs has to answer to. Snyder is in that role now, but let's face it, he's one of us. He (we) defer to the man who brought us our greatest era of football. I think we may now need someone who isn't so blinded by the past glory of our coaching staff.

:2cents:

This kid seems intent on shielding Gibbs from scrutiny and accountability. That's obvious. He talks about Gibbs' past and brings up the '86 Bears (never heard anyone reference the '86 Bears, the '85 Bears is another thing but never the '86 Bears), Joe Montana, and others but he isn't even old enough to have actually lived through that era so basically all he knows is the things he has heard or read about. He even dropped Ron Wolf into the mix the other day.

I guess it's all gone by the wayside now but several of the teams in the NFC in contention lost today!

they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so i hope tarhog doesn't get irked that i tweaked his idea. :cheers:

coach gibbs, your wake up call is now. what you're doing is not working. your history is great, and it can't be touched. what you have done for and what you mean to this franchise can't really be described in words.

but this time around, it's not working. you managed to do what no one else could. you got dan snyder take a back seat. he turned it all over to you. and he did it with a blank check. it's what all the fans said this franchise needed. we all pretty much agreed that danny's heart was in the right place, he wanted to win, but he needed to give it to somebody who knew how. that person was you.

and it's not working. you have traded away draft picks for guys that have played very sparingly or not at all. you have been loyal to guys that just don't get it done. you have stuck by bugle, who oversees one of the mose underachieving offensive lines in the league. you have been grandpa joe to the players, coddling them, protecting them, not holding them particularly accountable. and it's not happening.

what will you do to change this? we're tired of hearing how the super smart guys fought their guts out. we're tired of guys that can't get it done still being protected by you. we're tired of not having any draft picks in april. sure, if we were winning, the draft wouldn't matter. but we're not.

so i'd like to know. what's the plan? will you man up and tell danny to get vinny out of here? will you bite the bullet and tell buges that he's just not getting it done and he's being replaced? will you tell that to brunell? no more vague "we have problems, and it's my fault." tell us what's up.

when the die hard fans, your most stout supporters, start to doubt, there are serious problems.

I have to say that I completely agree with everything you have said. I am the biggest Gibbs fan on the planet but there is no denying he's not getting it done. I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE'S INCAPABLE, JUST THAT HE ISNT GETTING THE JOB DONE RIGHT NOW. I agreed with Brunell giving us the best chance to win, but he had his shot and failed (by no means am I putting this season on Brunell, we have many problems). To have a itty bitty chance of making the playoffs we must win out, and anyone who watches these games know that there is a better chance of my nicotine addiction disappearing tonight in my sleep. Our season is over, PERIOD. Its time to see what the kid (J.C.) has got. But like I said, its more than the QB situation. I agree with everything you've said. I think eventualy JG will come to his senses.

You know what I would love? I would give almost anything for a day with Gibbs, Saunders and Williams to be able to actually KNOW, once and for all, and for a fact, what is REALLY wrong, and how they are working to fix it. See if there is a plan, and if the plan is working, if they are working towards SOMETHING, and if they are or aren't seeing it coming to light, a bit at a time. Straight answers, the real deal.

I would give anything for that.

It's enough to keep a grown man up wee hours of the morning posting on internet messageboards with complete strangers.

Not that I would know about that :paranoid:

Archived