Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Redskins Player in History

skinfan2k

in recent history, it has to be Andre Johnson. He was a #1 pick and never played a regular season down for the team before being released into oblivion.

the Shuler, Westbrook and Johnson picks in the middle 1990's doomed this team for almost an entire decade.

How about Andre Johnson? Wasn't that his name? He was a first round O lineman we got from Penn State that played about one game for us... Then went to the Lions or something and was equally impressive. He wasnt a starter or anything but I think he definitely qualifies.

Stanley Richard was absolutely horrendous as well. tackled everyone at the shoulders all the time... arent professional football players supposed to learn how to tackle before they get to the NFL?

And of course, Stubby. :doh:

Andre Johnson was never a starter, thus he does not qualify for the thread rules. BTW he never played a down.

Runner-Ups:

Bobby Wilson was a major waste.

Mohammed Elowinibi (not sure he started, but he was lazy)

Shar Pourdanesh "the whiffer"

Bruce "it's all about me" Smith

Deion "past my prime-time" Sanders

But the number one answer is.....

Heath "I'm just totally friggin lost" Shuler

My Modern Day Scapegoat....

Rrrrrrrrrrrrobert Rrrrrrrrrrroyal

I'm still pissed at him for losing the Charger game

I dropped some serious coin to take the entire family to that game!

Again, who can be worse than a guy that was a top pick and never played a down for the team - Andre Johnson? :)

At least Shuler and Westbrook got on the field at some point and attempted to compete.

BD, I agree with you about Johnson. However, the criteria for consideration is that the player "must be a starter on the skins team for more than 1 yr."

Worst coach going to Norv Turner

It's painful to say it, but shouldn't this honor go to Petitbone? He barely got a chance to fail, but Schot managed to do pretty good in one year, as a counterexample.

Hope Williams, if he inherits, does better post-Gibbs II.

Albert Connell? I've seen a lot of posts stating he was a terrible starter for the Skins. You all better go back and look up his statistics, then look up which round he was drafted in. Bottomline on the field Connel was an overachiever for the Skins - terrible person, but played well for us. (And don't forget his knack for getting pass interference calls on the defender).

Westbrook he is my nominee for worst starter the past three decades.

Albert Connell? I've seen a lot of posts stating he was a terrible starter for the Skins. You all better go back and look up his statistics, then look up which round he was drafted in. Bottomline on the field Connel was an overachiever for the Skins - terrible person, but played well for us. (And don't forget his knack for getting pass interference calls on the defender).

Westbrook he is my nominee for worst starter the past three decades.

That doesnt make sense, I liked Albert Connell and Michael Westbrook and I thought Westbrook was the better of the tandem so how do u make Westbrook the worst starter of the past three decades?

Bruce Smith. His selfish attempts to get the sack record left gaping holes in our D. He was overrated in Buffalo and wasn't worth the lint in my belly button. I really hope that one day people look back on his career and say, "WOW! That guy wasn't anywhere near as good as many of those mediots said."

Yer' out of yer' tree!!!

right now, for me, I'm taking Walt Harris or Matt Bowen (okay he did well in '03)...both couldn't grasp the basics and would miss assignments frequently not only in Washington but in there respective former teams (Green Bay, Colts, Harris was good in his early years w/ Chicago).

But Bruce Smith?...what a stretch. I mean Bowen is a stretch, but Harris is a lock for top 10 worst of all time.

HTTR!

Man, he just thought he was all that . He had a few nice games for us one that sticks out in my mind is the one against the Jags.. Man, he torched them for 200 something yds receiving in that game.

oh forreal? I dont even remember that lol. I wish I could, I'm sure I seen it, but I cant remember him doing it. That would've been the most shocking thing to see right there lol

Alvin Harper ... caught exactly one pass. At $1 million per - - another great Norv pick up laid at the feet of Charlie Casserly;

DBs Vernon Dean and Curtis Jordan...made me cry every Sunday.

Jeff George - - way to stand up to Dan, Norv. That was only about $4 million over two years. I was shocked by his "deer in the headlights" interviews in Carlisle during training camp. They communicated: "we are in real trouble here!"

That doesnt make sense, I liked Albert Connell and Michael Westbrook and I thought Westbrook was the better of the tandem so how do u make Westbrook the worst starter of the past three decades?

Westbrook actually hurt us on the field due to bone headed actions that nullified game winning drives. Connel didn't do that. Connel was a 4th round pick and he played well as a #2 WR while Westbrook was a fourth over all pick who didn't play well as a #1 WR. I did take draft position into effect on my analysis maybe I shouldn't have.

Archived