Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Lol, I could totally see that.

Franklin, Thiago, Forrest Griffin if he ever gets healthy...any above-average LHW is fine with me.

I think at this point, he would maul Forrest, Franklin would be a very good fight and T. Silva would be a war. I would put those three possible fights in that order according to how much I would want to see them.

i hope they get him back out there quickly as well. its not like he took any damage at all in that fight

hell since he joined with jackson's team (the hammil fight was the first), i can count on one hand how many times he's been hit clean

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/3/1603675/quote-of-the-day-chael-sonnen-on#comments

"When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You got the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

Sonnen probably doesn't even realize what he's saying anymore

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/3/1603675/quote-of-the-day-chael-sonnen-on#comments

I honestly thought all of his talk was just to make himself relevant. After reading those ramblings, I have to believe he's got either a God complex or a serious screw loose. I wanted to root for him (just for fun), but if he doesn't shut the **** up, I don't think I'll be able to.

I think Sonnen has lost it.

http://www.mmaranked.com/articles/topFiftyList.php#topOfPage

^^^this site lists their top 50 prospects in MMA with a small write up on each fighter. i dont agree with some of their rankings, but its a good way to get to familiar with some of the names you'll be hearing about in the next couple of years

That's a good list. I can almost guarantee that Ben Askren and Tyrone Woodley will be in the UFC in the next two years.

Also, #9 on that list trains in the DC area at Lloyd Irvin's gym.

I think Sonnen has lost it.

That's a good list. I can almost guarantee that Ben Askren and Tyrone Woodley will be in the UFC in the next two years.

Also, #9 on that list trains in the DC area at Lloyd Irvin's gym.

I'm surprised the Sonnen comments haven't gotten more pub. Guy is clearly an idiot.

Woodley is off my list. He sucked in his last fight. Showed no heart.

I hate to use TMZ as a source lol, but Roger Huerta apparently beat this guy down for punching a girl outside of an Austin bar.

Video is in the link. It shows the guy sucker punch a girl, then Huerta confronts him, there's some commotion, and you see the guy knocked out on the ground while Huerta is walking away:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ex-ufc-star-in-bloody-street-fight-roger-huerta-austin-texas-video/

Ex-UFC Star in Bloody Street Fight -- Caught on Tape

8/4/2010 10:25 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has obtained footage of former UFC superstar Roger Huerta engaging in a bloody street fight in Austin, Texas this weekend -- against a man who appears to have socked a woman in the head.

27-year-old Huerta -- who was once featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated -- was in front of a bar in Austin around 2 AM on Saturday morning ... when some other people began fighting. Roger was near the scuffle ... when he saw one of the men involved punch a female who was standing near the ruckus.

Once Huerta sees the woman collapse to the ground -- he instantly tries to confront the attacker saying, "You just punched a f**kin' girl."

Moments later, Huerta takes off his shirt ... slams his hat to the ground ... and rushes after the man.

Chaos ensues and people scramble after the fighters, blocking the camera -- but seconds later ... a shirtless Huerta can be seen finishing his attack on the other man ... who is sprawled out on the street.

People rush in to aid the bloody man on the ground -- who eventually gets off the pavement -- as Huerta walks away from the battle ground.

Austin PD tells TMZ that officers were called to the scene -- but so far, no arrests have been made.

Huerta's manager tells us, "I have not spoken to Roger yet about this incident, but I can say that it's in his nature to be very protective of women."

And Dana apparently supports Roger even though he fights in Bellator now:

http://www.5thround.com/46594/ufc-president-dana-white-responds-to-roger-huerta-street-fight/

Although UFC president Dana White and Roger Huerta officially parted ways earlier this year, the brash promoter took time out of his busy UFC 117 fight week to address his former employee’s honorable act this past Saturday.

“In no way do I condone street fighting, but when a guy puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be knocked the [expletive] out. Good for Roger,” White told TMZ.com Wednesday afternoon.

Earlier today, the popular celebrity gossip website released exclusive footage of the 155-pounder coming to the aid of a woman that was floored by a sucker-punching MAN (Please click here for a complete recap of the brawl).

“El Matador” owns an impressive 24-4-1 professional record, however is a perfect 1-0 outside of the cage. Although the 27-year-old has dropped three of his last four bouts, Huerta remains one of the world’s best lightweights.

Huerta and Octagon brass were unable to come to terms on a contract after his slit decision loss to Gray Maynard at “UFC Fight Night 19” in September 2009. Instead of inking an extension with the world’s premier MMA organization, the former Sports Illustrated cover boy decided to take his talent to upstart Bellator Fighting Championships.

According to TMZ, the Austin Police Department were called to the scene on Saturday. No arrests have been made thus far.

I tend to agree, if you punch a girl you deserve to get beat down.

Edited by #98QBKiller

It's kind of hard to justify a suit like that when you're caught on camera sucker punching a woman. If he got any money out of Huerta, he'd have to turn right around and pay it to the girl he assaulted.

True, but lawyers are sneaky. We don't know what led up to the dude hitting the chick. The only camera footage available is him hitting her, and Huerta going after the douchebag. Not to mention that gutter rats (and I'll stick with that term after what he did) tend to have no money. She can sue him, but he has nothing most likely. If he times the suit properly, it's unlikely she'll get ****.

Wouldn't the other guy have to plead guilty to assault if he were to take this case to court? Considering the judge would see him punch a girl over and over again during the trial?

Makes me a Huerta fan somewhat, even though I'd probably like getting into fights if I were him.

Edited by jnhay

Wouldn't the other guy have to plead guilty to assault if he were to take this case to court? Considering the judge would see him punch a girl over and over again during the trial?

Makes me a Huerta fan somewhat, even though I'd probably like getting into fights if I were him.

We're talking about punitive damages, not charges. SHE could charge el douchebag with a crime, but he would go after Huerta for $. If Huerta is smart, he's found this girl, and come to a settlement. If douchebag pursues a lawsuit, she pursues a criminal case.

Wait, this is an MMA thread, right? :) I shut up now and go back to reading posts of MMA fans far more knowledgeable than I.

Thanks for posting that list, SU. I'm semi proud of myself (incredibly proud of myself) for thinking Phil Davis is the biggest prospect in MMA. Apparently I'm not alone! ;)

Obviously it's no secret that he is one of the biggest potentials out there, dude is a brute. I want to see him headlining some fight night cards like Jones within the next year. Got to build his name up as well.

And damn, Huerta street-stomped that dude. Going all Wandy on him. Reason number 10,000 why you shouldn't hit girls: Roger Huerta.

Typically, except for Forest and Rich, AS looks bigger than most guys at 185. Sonnen looks to be about the same size.

As much as I respect AS's skills I still think he's an overhyped douchebag who has done nothing but disrespect the sport and his opponents. His antics in the ring are no different than Brocks WWE bull**** he does. Difference is Brock does his after the fight.

I for one, although I doubt it will happen, hope Sonnen finds away to pull it off. Then I woke up.

Typically, except for Forest and Rich, AS looks bigger than most guys at 185. Sonnen looks to be about the same size.

As much as I respect AS's skills I still think he's an overhyped douchebag who has done nothing but disrespect the sport and his opponents. His antics in the ring are no different than Brocks WWE bull**** he does. Difference is Brock does his after the fight.

I for one, although I doubt it will happen, hope Sonnen finds away to pull it off. Then I woke up.

I don't think Spider is in the right weight class to be honest. If he wants to be the best fighter in the world he needs to move to LHW which has the most talent of any division in MMA. There is no one of note left for him to fight at 185.

The only reason anyone even knows you Sonnen is, is because the guy won't shut the hell up.