Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Houston reminds me of Kimbo, one trick pony. He even caught Schafer with those knees when Schafer was technically 'on the ground'. That's three L's in a row, and Houston just signed a new contract, did he not? See you in WEC, Houston.

WEC's 185-205 lbs are moving to the UFC from what I remember and they're cutting the WEC to WW and below...or is WW going to? I can't remember.

Clay owned Mac in the clinch and on the ground. There was one kimura that almost locked on. Clay needs to find his niche as far as finishing a fight. He can't knock anyone out, he won't sub anyone in LW, his best bet is to learn some mean G&P.

Right now, his biggest weapon is his cardio, which is insane. But winning with cardio makes fights go the distance, and increases his chances of getting caught with something. Gotta love how the mother fo fights.

He's becoming another Sean Sherk (minus the steroid controversy) and by that I mean he can overwhelm anyone but he's not going to finish.

did anyone notice that when Nate Diaz was talking a BUNCH of **** that Nick grabbed him and tried to lead him out? Nate is really talented but he is a punk straight up...

I could not agree with you more. Both of them are so talented, but I wish they would shut their mouths a little more often.

Although I did agree with Nate when he was referring to Nick and KJ Noons. KJ needs to put his purse down and fight.

Although I did agree with Nate when he was referring to Nick and KJ Noons. KJ needs to put his purse down and fight.

You know, the more I think about it, EliteXC probably loves the Noons-Diaz nonsense. Because it brings a little fire and excitement to an organization that does not have any otherwise.

I could'nt care less about EliteXC. I watch it, but I do not have a lot of respect for them and (aside from a few fighters) consider them a sub-par product to other organizations. But I do actually care now about seeing a Noons-Diaz rematch now, even though I do not like either of them.

He's becoming another Sean Sherk (minus the steroid controversy) and by that I mean he can overwhelm anyone but he's not going to finish.

Yeah, I think the UD's are Sherk-like, but he's definitley more exciting to watch than Sherk. Guida jumps around like a coked-up orangutan. Sherk might as well bring a blanket and pillow with him to the fight. In fact, he should bring blankets and pillows for everyone.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Yeah, I think the UD's are Sherk-like, but he's definitley more exciting to watch than Sherk. Guida jumps around like a coked-up orangutan. Sherk might as well bring a blanket and pillow with him to the fight. In fact, he should bring blankets and pillows for everyone.

LOL to the pillow comments. But yeah Clay Guida is way more exciting to watch. I can't think of any total snoozefests he's put on. It's hard to get bored when he pushes the pace like he does....I always look forward to watching his fight no matter what card it's on.

looks like Rashad is making a nice lil come up: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/19/AR2008091901942.html

It looks like Bill Gates finally found someone who can fight for him. Now that Microsoft killed those awful Seinfeld ads and is finally punching back against Apple on the advertising front, it has someone you don't want to mess with in its spokesman's corner: Ultimate Fighting Champion Rashad Evans.

The mixed-martial arts fighter has recently been spotted entering the ring sporting a T-shirt with Bill Gates' famous police mug shot. (His training gym in New Mexico is right next to Microsoft's original headquarters). And he is going to be featured in some upcoming Microsoft ads. In fact, that might be him already making a cameo at the end of one of the new "I Am A PC" ads current running (second video embedded below).

Evans is definitely an improvement over Seinfeld in the spokesman category. His record in UFC fighting is 17-0-1. After knocking out an opponent earlier this month (see first video embedded below), he now has a shot at the title.

Microsoft should shoot an ad with him beating the crap out of the "I'm a Mac" guy.

LOL @ Clay Guida's brother trying to lose 12 pounds in a few hours. Nothing like preparation.

Yeah, that was just absolutely ridiculous. I realize some of these guys are fighting out of their weight class, but there's just no excuse to come in that wholly unprepared when you are a frickin "professional."

I pretty much lost what little respect I had left for TUF on Wednesday night. They seriously have the biggest bunch of goobers this season. I think most of these guys represent this sport very poorly. Hell, I think they represent humanity poorly. Who the hell compares himself to Hilter and thinks that is a good thing?? I realize half these guys are talking up to the camera, but I think it tarnishes the reputation of the sport.

It's just been getting worse each consecutive season. I mean, they have dudes on there who have fought ONE pro fight, or TWO pro fights, that's ridiculous.

:rant:

That being said, I will still be watching the show, lol. There's just something about watching people make jackasses out of themselves on national television.

Dream 6 Middleweight Tourney finals happens late tonight at 3am(est). its a pretty good card overall, i may forgo sleep and watch it tonight :doh:

the card stands as follows:

Middleweight Grand Prix Finals (16-man tournament):

-Gegard Mousasi (#10 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Melvin Manhoef

-Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza vs. Zelg Galesic

Grand Prix Reserve Bout:

-Dong Sik Yoon vs. Andrews Nakahara

Middleweight Grand Prix Finals:

-Winner of Mousasi/Manhoef vs. Winner of Souza/Galesic

Non-Tournament Bouts:

-Shinya Aoki (#4 Lightweight in the World)* vs. Todd Moore

-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (#8 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Alistair Overeem

-Yoshihiro Akiyama (#9 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Masanori Tonooka

-Sergei Kharitonov vs. "Mighty" Mo Siliga

-Hayato Sakurai vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka

-Hideo Tokoro vs. Atsushi Yamamoto

-Keita Nakamura vs. Adriano Martins

-Ikuhisa Minowa vs. Masakatsu Funaki

i got Manhoef winning the MW tourney, me & 99QbKiller got a sig bet on the Overeem/CroCop match, i'm taking Overeem

sucks that the Diaz/Mach Sakarai match got scrapped:mad:

Dream 6 picks:

I'm not real familiar with Japanese fighters, but this looks like a good card with a sweet MW tourney.

Melvin Manhoef vs. Gregard Mousasi (MW Semifinal): Let me just get this out of the way and say that there are few matches that have "fight of the night" written all over them. This is one of them. You have to like Gregard, who at 23 years old, is an enormous under-the-radar prospect. This fight has a simple formula. Manhoef is an incredibly aggressive kickboxer/brawler that can end the fight with either hand, not to mention his very powerful leg kicks that will slow you down with just a couple connections. Mousasi isn't a slouch in the standup, but it's no match for Manhoef's sharp and powerful style. The mismatch should be if they go to the ground and Mousasi can gain some control. The problem with picking this fight is determining the chances that Mousasi can keep the Tazmanian Devil pinned to the ground to be able to work his G&P. I don't think the chances are good enough for me to pick Mousasi at this stage of his young career. Manhoef scrambled really well against grappling expert Yoshihiro Akiyama, before falling in to an armbar. It's hard for me to believe Mousasi can keep him down. Manhoef, TKO, Round 1.

Ronaldo "Jacare" de Souza vs. Zelg Galesic (MW Semifinal): Jacare is probably the favorite to win this tournament, but it will be the classic "give 'em the boot when they shoot" deal, where Galesic and the winner of the other semifinal bout will have to try to catch him coming in for the takedown. If the fight ends up planted on the ground, it's almost guaranteed Jacare will submit anybody left in the tourney. The only guy I can see beating Jacare on the ground is Manhoef somehow finding mount and raining down blows. As far as this fight, the puncher's chance goes to Zelg, but Jacare is like nothing he's seen on the ground. Jacare, arm triangle, Round 1.

Ronaldo "Jacare" de Souza vs. Melvin Manhoef (MW Final): If this fight happens, I'll just go ahead and pick Manhoef to KO him and win the tourney. Obviously if this fight goes to the ground, I most likely will be wrong. But again, it's hard for me to believe that any of these guys are strong enough to keep Manhoef down without wearing a gi. Hard to pick against Jacare; he just won't be able to match Manhoef's kickboxing. He'll get chopped to bits and get KO'd. Manhoef, KO, Round 1.

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Masanori Toonaka: I really like Akiyama, but this fight was put together just to feed his fanbase. He's exciting to watch and has good game in the standup and on the ground. If Toonaka wins it won't be the biggest upset ever, but it will be close. Akiyama by TKO, Round 1.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Alistar Overeem: I think this fight is going to sadden a lot of people. It may not be as heartbreaking to his hardcore fans as Gonzaga's 70 yard field goal, but Cro Cop is bound to get overwhelmed by a peaking Alistar Overeem. If it's true the PRIDE guys were all hopped up on the juice, Cro Cop could be back to form if DREAM allows the same thing. Not going to accuse Cro Cop, but the difference between his aggression in the octagon and ring was concerning. Alistar is looking good at heavyweight, and seems to be in great physical condition, as usual. I think if he fights the same Cro Cop we saw in the UFC, he should win before the decision. I'll say it goes the whole way. UD, Overeem.

as a Cro Cop fan, i hope he pulls it out, but i just don't see it happening. i do not see that fight going to a decision though. i think Overeem catches him sometime in the middle of the 1st round, if not Overeem will gas hard and be KO'd in the 2nd

It's hard to gas vs. CroCop because he just stalks and kicks these days. :(

Mighty Mo pulled out as of yesterday. Not sure if anyone had been booked to fill in or not. Cro Cop offered to and Overeem took offense to that. Don;t feel like looking for the quotes.

Should be a great card. DREAM has consistently put on great shows all year. I'll be watching tomorrow. No way I can stay up after working/drinking all day. I have to revamp a bar menu and was at a huge "tasting" all day. wine, wine, tequila, beer, wine, tequila, beer, cider, wine.......

back to the topic: If I had t bet I would take Overeem. He looks great lately. Maybe it is a new dedication, maybe it is the no testing. Either way, Cro Cop better not have taken him lightly. even if he loses, I hope Cro Cop at least looks good. I won't be rooting eother way. Just for a good fight and a good clean finish.

Drem 6 Spoilers in this post:

Wow, did not expect the Mousasi/Manhoef fight to end so fast. Manhoef got triangled. I've been wrong when I go away from my first instinct the past few events, had a feeling Mousasi was savvy enough to pull out a win. Oh well, he looked REALLY good and he's 23. Gotta love young talent.

Jacare won early with an armbar, he looked extremely fluid on the ground. I'm very interested in this final.