Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

on a sidenote, Carano finally made weight.......took her two tries on the scale and she had to disrobe, but she made it.
Needs pics!!!!! :thud:

EDIT:

gina-carano-stripped-down-big.jpg

Damn towels :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by ACW

Key matches set for UFC 92

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcfights100208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

As recently as Monday, UFC president Dana White said there were “lots of moving parts” as he tried to complete the company’s end-of-year fight cards.

On Wednesday, he at least got the top three fights of UFC 92 finalized. The co-main events will feature the interim heavyweight title match between champion Antonio Rodrigo and Frank Mir. Forrest Griffin will defend the light heavyweight title against Rashad Evans and Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will meet Wanderlei Silva, who defeated him twice when they fought in PRIDE.

The Jackson-Silva card had been considered for UFC 91, when the card was slated to be in Portland, Ore., as well for UFC 94, which will be Jan. 31 in Las Vegas.

But White said he wanted to “stack” the UFC’s traditional New Year’s Eve weekend card and managed to do so by putting four of the company’s most popular fighters on the card.

The UFC has officially moved the fight card across Las Vegas Blvd. from Mandalay Bay to the MGM Grand Garden.

Jackson will be fighting for the first time since losing the light heavyweight belt to Griffin at UFC 86 on July 5 and a bizarre traffic incident on July 15 in suburban Los Angeles. Jackson was driving on the wrong side of the road and on sidewalks and fled even while being chased by police.

He was charged with two felonies and three misdemeanors and has pled not guilty. He has a Nov. 3 court appearance scheduled.

White has said no drugs or alcohol were involved and that Jackson’s actions were fueled by “delirium” caused by days of little sleep, little food and water and excessive intake of energy drinks.

That last part looks more like a reason to go to jail than an excuse not to. :rolleyes:

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think Krazy Horse got into some legal trouble. He also lost the last fight zI saw him in for XC. Can't remeber who he lost to.

Should be some good fights tonight.

I'm looking forward to Shields-Daly

AA-Nelson could be good

Ninja-Radach might be good too.

Kimbo-Shamrock will be over quick.

Gina is hot.

Man I love watching the Noons/Crazy Horse fight...I can't stand KJ noons

Quick picks for tonight (bet it will be a KO fest):

Kimbo Slice over Ken Shamrock via 1st Round KO

Paul Daley over Jake Shields TKO Round 2 (title will change hands)

Andrei Arlovski over Roy "fat boy" Nelson TKO round 2 or 3, Nelson will gas for sure.

Ninja Rua over Benji Radach by 2 round sub....(could easily end with Radach KOing Ninja though)

Cyborg Santos over Yoko Takahashi by 2nd round TKO

Gina Carano over Kelly Kobald 2nd round TKO setting up the Cyborg/Carano bout for early 2009

This will be a sick card overall...can't wait

Edited by #98QBKiller

Lol to Elite XC owning KJ Noons by stripping his belt and giving Nick Diaz the fight with Eddie Alvarez (the one Noons wanted so bad) for the vacant belt.

:rotflmao:

Damn good card so far I was right on the win-loss of all of my fights up to this Daley/Shields fight, but off on a few of the finishes.

Edited by #98QBKiller

so how much longer does EliteXC stay in business now that their #1 draw has been exposed and embarrassed???

I'm guessing that their best bet is to merge with Affliction. Both organizations have been losing money pretty bad and if merged together they could put together most of the best matches outside of the UFC and possibly keep their businesses afloat.

Plus, they can just paint the Kimbo loss as a mulligan...."oh he took this fight on an hour's notice and just got caught, he'll be back." and then pair him against Shamrock and Kimbo should win that fight and be back on top.

And if the merger happens, Fedor is going to be the main draw for true MMA fans, and Kimbo would continue to draw ratings for people just being exposed to the sport.

Bring on Gina vs. Cyborg.

Question: I haven't seen any, but how has Lesnar looked in his fights? Has he made the transition from WWE to MMA well?

Lesnar is 2-1.

He beat the hell out of a Korean fighter in K-1 in the first round for his first pro MMA fight.

Then he lost to Frank Mir via a knee bar in his UFC debut but a lot of people (including myself) will tell you that the ref made a bad call and pulled Lesnar off of Mir for a bull**** reason, which had a lot to do with Mir's win.

In his last fight he totally dominated Heath Herring (a decent heavy weight with a ton of experience) and won by unanimous decision.

He's made the transition pretty well. He was an NCAA wrestler before WWE so he has that to his credit in MMA.

And honestly I think he could beat Randy Couture if Randy's not careful. I'll prob take Randy in that fight because of his experience and no one gameplans like Randy so I know he'll be ready. But Brock has a shot just because of his pure athleticism.

Kimbo got KTFO! Didn't even look like he had much on that punch but it obviously rung his freaking bell. Wow, what a story for the young man who beat him. Did anyone see how scared he looked even after knocking Slice out? What about the reaction of the guys ring side? They did not want to see their gravy train knocked out. That was freaking awesome.

Just to open up some old wounds, I finally got to see the Forrest/Rampage fight last night for free. That was nice. Anyway, anyone who thought Rampage won that fight is out of their ever loving minds.

I remember after this fight people were talking about how agressive Rampage was and how he wasn't even knotted up after the fight and Forrest was beat up. Okay.

First Rampage wasn't that agressive if anything he waited for the counter most of the time and Forrest was just as busy as he was. I guess what people wanted to see was Forrest just stand there and let Rampage use his head for a speed bag.

So Rampage's head wasn't knotted up, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the guy could barely walk. Those leg kicks were freaking brutal. MMA, mixed being the key word here. You don't have to bust up someones grill to do some serious damage and Forrest did a hell of a lot more damage to Rampage's leg than Rampage did to Forrest's head.

IMO the Judges had it scored right. I was a little suprised about 49/47 score but when you take into consideration how Forrest controlled Rampage on the ground the first round then I might be able to see it. I had Forrest winning three and Rampage two. Even with the knockdown Forrest bounced right back.

After seeing this fight first hand I honestly don't understand what all the ****ing was about. Forrest won easily, no question.

I don't see how. Except for the couple hard shots Page just didn't do enough damage. Not to mention the fact those shots didn't come in every round. He got off in two rounds and Forrest kept destroying that leg and he got some shots in as well. I honestly watched the fight hoping that it was a draw or that Page may have gotten jobbed for the TUF winner but I didn't see it.

I don't see how. Except for the couple hard shots Page just didn't do enough damage. Not to mention the fact those shots didn't come in every round. He got off in two rounds and Forrest kept destroying that leg and he got some shots in as well. I honestly watched the fight hoping that it was a draw or that Page may have gotten jobbed for the TUF winner but I didn't see it.

i can understand the argument for Forrest winning that fight, i just don't agree with it.

the fight deserves a rematch though

I'm kind of pissed that Rampage is fighting Wanderlei for the 3rd ****ing time.

I swear that Shogun vs. Rampage would've been such a better idea. They both lost to Forrest and Rampage would get the rematch and not have any excuses.

I would much rather see Wanderlei fight Machida