Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Well you must hate half the UFC cuz almost EVERYONE celebrates

first and then walks over to see how the other person is doing.

Nope, don't hate the UFC. You're right, most guys start out celebrating after a KO or major win. Then, when it dawns on them that their opponent is having hard time getting up or is in need of more medical treatment, they quickly run over to kind of see what's going on and offer some encouragment. I've seen this at both the amatuer and professional levels and I think when they do that it's respectful. But when they keep prancing around like a big jerk, mindful of the oppenent on the floor who is still totallly out of it, I lose my respect for them. I can only hope Rashad gets a serious beatdown next fight, both to put him in his place and to shut his wife up...God, I think my eardrums are going to burst if I ever again have to listen to that lunatic screech her head off for minutes on end.

Then, when it dawns on them that their opponent is having hard time getting up or is in need of more medical treatment, they quickly run over to kind of see what's going on and offer some encouragment. I've seen this at both the amatuer and professional levels and I think when they do that it's respectful.

I think the second time they showed Rashad (after showing Chuck out cold, Rashad dancing, and Chuck still out cold), I think he felt a little bit like an ass after Chuck had still not gotten up. I know he was happy, and trying to entertain, but there is a time and place for all of that.

His wife did not bother me. I did not really hear it, maybe due to the combination of alcohol and shock of what had just happened.

Edited by lovetoaster

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7059&zoneid=2

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight titleholder Evan Tanner was found dead near Palo Verde, Calif. on Monday. He was 37 years old. His management team at DFS Agency confirmed his death to MMAWeekly.com.

Tanner had trekked into the desert on a journey to “cleanse” himself, according to Douglas Vincitorio of DFS. “He went out to the desert to do a ‘cleansing’ as he called it. Kind of like ‘Survivor Man.’” These short trips were not new to Tanner, said Vincitorio. It is something that he has done numerous times over the years.

“What we were told is that (sheriff’s officials who found him) believe his motorcycle had run out of gas, so he went to walk out in like 115 to 118-degree heat,” said Vincitorio. “He was miles away from his camp. That’s where the helicopter found him. Right now, they just think that he succumbed to the heat.”

Tanner had apparently told friends before he left that if they hadn’t heard from him in a couple of days, they should contact officials, which is what happened. When he stopped responding to text messages, friends waited a couple of days and then notified officials at the Imperial County Sherrif’s Department on Friday.

A search ensued and Tanner’s body was found on Monday.

R.I.P. Evan Tanner :(:(:(

why she gotta be a lunatic? she saw her husband pull off a major upset, the screaming was excessive, but it doesn't make her a lunatic though.

Her screaming surpased the "lunatic" levels. I've never heard a chick scream like that, unless she was being stabbed. In a horror movie.

Wow, that's really too bad. I always liked Evan Tanner. Unfortunately, I don't find this terribly shocking, he's seemed like a troubled soul for a long while now. This is just really, really too bad though. :(

Jeez, Evan Tanner, RIP dude.

Is he the first big time contemporary MMA fighter to pass away? Don't think anyone from the UFC or Pride has died until now. Tanner was always a game fighter. Franklin/Tanner II is not the best fight to remember him by, but to see him still standing after being cut up so badly shows how tough a guy he was.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://sherdog.com/news/news/affliction-leaves-las-vegas-event-postponed-14361

Affliction is moving their 2nd event from Oct. 11th to sometime in Jan, another event bites the dust

on another note Machida is off the 89 card completely since they couldn't find a suitable replacement for Thiago Silva

WTF.

First off, Shogun is rumored to be Machida's next opponent, and lately rumors have been coming true...but still a rumor. Machida deserves a shot at Forrest! He destroyed every fan's collective hardon last year, Sokoudjou...and convincingly beat Dana's pissed ex-boyfriend, Tito Ortiz.

Dana is scared Forrest could lose to a relative no-name fighter. He's really riding the fan-gathering train right now...even if it means screwing his fighters. It's a popularity contest, much less a fighting contest.

They better replace Machida/Silva with something really, really good. I was excited to see that matchup, and had Machida on lockdown for winning that fight. Dana owes me money. UFC 89 defintely needs another big fight so it doesn't turn in to UFC 85.