Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

They were saying how Chuck likes for his opponents to come after him so he can counter. I'm think to myself . . . this is exactly what Rashad is doing . . . and BANG!!! Oh man!

Rashad barely countered before Chuck's counter...incredible.

I still hate Rashad and his ****y, showboating ass though. :mad:

Edited by Special K

However you interpret his showboating, Rashad started to do it after he knew what Chuck was all about. He had him in check. Chuck whiffed on a lot of punches. The uppercut that Chuck was throwing when he got knocked out was going to the left of Rashad's head, it would have probably missed. (Looked like it would have missed the way I saw it on Sopcast, but can't make a solid distinction).

that ****y showboating actually helped him this time around though. he was pretty elusive tonight. he chose to stand with Chuck, but he did it in a smart way. he hit and move, he never really gave Chuck a still target to aim at. then he picked the right time to unload that punch from hell

on another note, people on youtube are quick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJZe-Hi_iSg

However you interpret his showboating, Rashad started to do it after he knew what Chuck was all about. He had him in check. Chuck whiffed on a lot of punches. The uppercut that Chuck was throwing when he got knocked out was going to the left of Rashad's head, it would have probably missed. (Looked like it would have missed the way I saw it on Sopcast, but can't make a solid distinction).

You're right, the uppercut probably wasn't completely on target, and I doubt if it would have knocked Rashad out.

Regardless, I don't like athletes showboating when their opponent is on the ground being attended to by physicians. Rashad's attitude is one of the reasons I've never taken a liking to Evans, even with his talent.

It was inevitable. Just like any major sport, you're going to get athletes that are full of themselves. It will only get worse from here. That's why a fighter like Rich Franklin is still in my favorite 5. That's why Fedor and Silva are my 2 favorite fighters. Yes, they're the best, which makes it easy to root for them. However, I root for them more because they are not arrogant ****s.

Again, I won't hate on Rashad though. His antics tonight were pretty tame IMO.

Okay, moving on from the initial shock, who thinks Chuck is done?

He's out of shape all the time, relies on his old and studied bag of tricks, keeps his hands too low, guys are just way more athletic and well rounded now. Rashad turned from a percieved wrestler to a dynamite handed KO artist tonight. I think LHW is too stacked for Chuck. He better run to heavyweight or retire right now.

All I know is that Chuck has to be considered the absolute pioneer of MMA in the U.S. Every career has to end, and judging by the talent in his division, he should be just about ready to wrap it up.

Damn 99 percent of people I talked to before the fight thought Rashad was going down like that.

That was way more hardcore than when Rampage KO'd Chuck.

Good card IMO. Glad to see Hendo get back on the winning track, Rich Franklin is a talented fighter even at 205.

And someone tell the UFC to get Wanderlei in the ring with Machida now that Thiago Silva's out.

Okay, moving on from the initial shock, who thinks Chuck is done?

He's out of shape all the time, relies on his old and studied bag of tricks, keeps his hands too low, guys are just way more athletic and well rounded now. Rashad turned from a percieved wrestler to a dynamite handed KO artist tonight. I think LHW is too stacked for Chuck. He better run to heavyweight or retire right now.

All I know is that Chuck has to be considered the absolute pioneer of MMA in the U.S. Every career has to end, and judging by the talent in his division, he should be just about ready to wrap it up.

If he's going to stick around he should both go up to HW and change his stance to keep his hands up higher.

I hate to see him go out like that but I don't think he's taking his training seriously enough and doesn't mix things up like he should. If you keep using the same one-track style forever people are bound to figure it out and exploit it, especially in today's world of well-rounded mixed martial artists.