Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

there's a good chance Chuck is getting a shot if he beats Rashad, which would make him 2-2 in his last 4 fights.

have a .500 record in your recent fights and you are now qualified for a title shot

this is so much like boxing it scares me

Yeah but Chuck won 7 straight fights by KO or TKO, won the belt one of those times and defended the belt 4 of those times, I can see why he would get a title shot if going just 2-2.

Lesnar on the other hand is 1-2 TOTAL in mixed martial arts. That doesn't make sense at all, I want to see the fight but not for a title.

Yeah but Chuck won 7 straight fights by KO or TKO, won the belt one of those times and defended the belt 4 of those times, I can see why he would get a title shot if going just 2-2.

Lesnar on the other hand is 1-2 TOTAL in mixed martial arts. That doesn't make sense at all, I want to see the fight but not for a title.

Uh, he's 2-1, QBK, title shot well deserved. :rolleyes:

see i don't believe in giving title shot based on legacy and giving a legend "that one last shot". i think the LHW division is too stacked for that at this point. i understand the other side of the argument, i just happen to disagree with it.

and not that it matters much, but Lesnar is 2-1 (victories over Min Soo Kim & Herring)

it just pisses me off because as much as i love boxing, i hate it when undeserving fighters get title shots because of things beyond fighting. the UFC has been relatively pretty good about giving guys that deserved title shots the fight, then building around that. now we have Mir getting a shot for beating Lesnar, and now its Lesnar getting a shot for beating Herring (who isn't even top 10 :doh:)

and lets say Randy beats Lesnar, Nog beats Mir. even though the winners are supposed to fight, if the UFC signs Fedor, Randy/Nog will be scrapped, and Nog will be shafted again.

Uh, he's 2-1, QBK, title shot well deserved. :rolleyes:
see i don't believe in giving title shot based on legacy and giving a legend "that one last shot". i think the LHW division is too stacked for that at this point. i understand the other side of the argument, i just happen to disagree with it.

and not that it matters much, but Lesnar is 2-1 (victories over Min Soo Kim & Herring)

it just pisses me off because as much as i love boxing, i hate it when undeserving fighters get title shots because of things beyond fighting. the UFC has been relatively pretty good about giving guys that deserved title shots the fight, then building around that. now we have Mir getting a shot for beating Lesnar, and now its Lesnar getting a shot for beating Herring (who isn't even top 10 :doh:)

and lets say Randy beats Lesnar, Nog beats Mir. even though the winners are supposed to fight, if the UFC signs Fedor, Randy/Nog will be scrapped, and Nog will be shafted again.

Yeah I knew he was 2-1, I just typed it wrong. It would be different if Chuck's run was 5 years ago but he dominated the division for all of 2005 and 2006 and no one's saying this is his last shot. He's 38, Randy didn't even start fighting until he was 34.

The Lesnar title shot is garbage though. They could've easily made it a non-title bout, even given 5 rounds without the title and no one would complain except Lesnar.

They should've told Frank Mir sorry and set up Nog and Randy but it would **** up their stupid reality show.

EDIT: Nevermind, even stupider than I could have imagined. Brock and Couture fighting for the HW belt, and Mir/Nog fighting for the interim belt. Somehow, this single belt has split into two! ****. Boxing, here comes MMA. :doh:

So dumb. So unforgivably dumb. :doh:

I won't bet against Randy, he's way more experienced and a way better figher than Heath Herring. But you gotta think that Lesnar can overpower him. If Randy can get him up against the cage and give him some elbows/punches out of the clinch I think he can drop Lesnar. And finish the fight at mount.

I just want to see Lesnar's chin tested

i think randy can slip out of most of brock's clumsy moves for at least 1 or 2 rounds but he may tire. brock is just so freaking big and strong but then again randy did knock ol silva down with one good shot.

and oh yeah, LOL@fedor being irrelevant. he is as irrelevant as chuck liddell or rampage.

if Lesnar is still the underdog on betting lines when the fight happens, i may have to lay some money on him.

this is a terrible matchup for Randy in my opinion, and him not fighting in the last year won't help him. eventually he has to show his age, and i think it might be in this fight. i see Brock taking Couture down at will and laying on him until the ref stands them back up, then repeating the process for 5 rounds or with Brock possibly getting a late round stoppage.

Couture did well against Timmay, but that doesn't hold much weight with me simply because Timmay isn't 1/4 of the athlete Lesnar is. not only will Lesnar have a tremendous strength advantage, he may very well have the speed advantage as well, which is a scary thought.

First things first, hate him if you will, but Dana White is the freaking King of MMA! Dude is Vince McMahn and Don King wrapped in one suit!

Matching Randy against Brock at this point is all about giving Randy a chance. Brock is still rough around the edges and Randy has the mental game to take adantage of him. Two years down the road Brock is going to be untouchable. For Brock a loss at this point to Captain America, especially if he shows well, does no damage at all. He keeps moving onand builds off his showing. A Randy win keeps the Nog/Randy "real HW Title" fight alive and builds the hype as Randy will be coming off a supposed "great" win against the monster Lesnar.

Dana knows that he can wait out Affliction's eventual demise to get Fedor. If reports are true and they're bleeding money like the IFC, Pride and those dudes over at Elite XC, who are relying on Kimbo Slice to carry/save them, Fedor will come because unfortunately UFC will be the only show in town that'll pay what he wants. Vince, I mean Dana has got this game locked up.

this is a terrible matchup for Randy in my opinion, and him not fighting in the last year won't help him. eventually he has to show his age, and i think it might be in this fight. i see Brock taking Couture down at will and laying on him until the ref stands them back up, then repeating the process for 5 rounds or with Brock possibly getting a late round stoppage.

Couture did well against Timmay, but that doesn't hold much weight with me simply because Timmay isn't 1/4 of the athlete Lesnar is. not only will Lesnar have a tremendous strength advantage, he may very well have the speed advantage as well, which is a scary thought.

I posted these exact thoughts about a week ago. Bravo, I totally agree. Bad fight for Couture to take. Having said that- GO RANDY!

Dana knows that he can wait out Affliction's eventual demise to get Fedor. If reports are true and they're bleeding money like the IFC, Pride and those dudes over at Elite XC, who are relying on Kimbo Slice to carry/save them, Fedor will come because unfortunately UFC will be the only show in town that'll pay what he wants. Vince, I mean Dana has got this game locked up.

There's no gaurantee that Affliction will crumble by 2009 or even 2010. Elite XC has been losing money since birth but they're still floating after almost two years.

Time is working against Randy. The longer he has to wait to fight Fedor the less his chances become of pulling off the ultimate upset.

The UFC and Affliction could work out a one-fight deal. Dana said he was open to it but who knows if Affliction will be after their whole beef.

Also, Fedor and his managers have said it was never about money to them, it was about being the best and competing. The reason he never signed with the UFC when he was a free agent was because they wouldn't let him compete in his Sambo tournaments. I think Fedor wants the fight with Randy regardless of whether it's a pay day or just average pay for him.

“I’m hearing all this talk about Fedor Emelianenko, but who gives a (expletive) about Fedor?” said Lesnar, who gets the title shot in just his fourth pro mixed martial arts match. “I don’t care. I’m fighting Randy Couture and that’s what this press conference is about. I don’t give a damn about Fedor. I’m tired of hearing about (expletive) Fedor. All right? Randy Couture is fighting Brock Lesnar Nov. 15. His No. 1 concern should be Brock Lesnar. And Dana White could care less about Fedor.”

Brock better consider himself lucky that Fedor isnt in the octagon. That big gump would be ripped to shreds by Fedor..:2cents:

There's no gaurantee that Affliction will crumble by 2009 or even 2010. Elite XC has been losing money since birth but they're still floating after almost two years.

Time is working against Randy. The longer he has to wait to fight Fedor the less his chances become of pulling off the ultimate upset.

Granted they may still be around in a year or two, but the reality is that the UFC built its foundation the right way and these other organizations went about it either wrong or waited too late to follow Dana's lead.

So say in two years Affliction fails. Dan is still going to go after Fedor whether Randy is a viable opponent or not. Sure it would be great to make the Fedor/Randy fight, but truth is that Randy needs Fedor more than Fedor needs Randy. Fedor is the best fighter on the planet right now and his dismantling of Tim Sylvia only adds more strength to that fact.

Look Randy has been one of my favorite MMA fighters, but I really believe that Fedor would handle him in a way that we've never seen Randy dealt with. I think Dana knows this and that's why he's in no hurry to see his "champ" brutalized by a guy that he's gone on record as saying is more hype than substance. Now Fedor v. Lesnar or Fedor v. Nog somewhere down the line......he's counting the dollars already.

Look Randy has been one of my favorite MMA fighters, but I really believe that Fedor would handle him in a way that we've never seen Randy dealt with. I think Dana knows this and that's why he's in no hurry to see his "champ" brutalized by a guy that he's gone on record as saying is more hype than substance. Now Fedor v. Lesnar or Fedor v. Nog somewhere down the line......he's counting the dollars already.

I'll wait and see how Randy looks against Lesnar before I decide how the fight will go. Of course I think Fedor takes the fight but if the same Randy that dominated Tim Sylvia and Gabriel Gonzaga shows up in November and submits/KOs Lesnar in the first two rounds I could see that Randy go the distance with Fedor and lose a unanimous decision. If Randy is rusty and slow looking I could see him getting dominated like Tim Sylvia did.

Okay, whew, it's hard to believe that there's a UFC event in a couple days after this Randy/Lesnar thing has dominated the news. This is probably the least Chuck Liddell has been paid attention to before one of his fights. Time to start hearing some predictions. After the game, of course. :)

I have a feeling Rashad is going to give Chuck more of a challenge than people think. All these fights are toss-ups. The only one I think is close to a lock is Dan Henderson beating Palhares. Yes I know Palhares is really good and Hendo has lost 2 in a row. But Hendo finally gets a break after fighting superstars of the sport back to back to back. He has to be licking his chops to redeem himself.

Can't wait! But first thing's first, GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!

Okay, whew, it's hard to believe that there's a UFC event in a couple days after this Randy/Lesnar thing has dominated the news. This is probably the least Chuck Liddell has been paid attention to before one of his fights. Time to start hearing some predictions. After the game, of course. :)

I have a feeling Rashad is going to give Chuck more of a challenge than people think. All these fights are toss-ups. The only one I think is close to a lock is Dan Henderson beating Palhares. Yes I know Palhares is really good and Hendo has lost 2 in a row. But Hendo finally gets a break after fighting superstars of the sport back to back to back. He has to be licking his chops to redeem himself.

Can't wait! But first thing's first, GO REDSKINS!!!!!!!!

i got Pahlares taking Hendo's leg back to Brazil :2cents: