Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i got Pahlares taking Hendo's leg back to Brazil :2cents:

Yeah taking it back shoved up his own ass. If Hendo loses I will be shocked. Not cutting on Pahlares' ground skills, because it's the only way he will win. Hendo has had some major fights lately and Pahlares sticks out like a water fountain in the desert for him. I think he will pounce on this opportunity to build his way back to title contention.

I have a feeling Rashad is going to give Chuck more of a challenge than people think.

Rashad is HARD to beat convincingly. Heck, he's undefeated so he's hard to beat atall. I don't think he does any one thing exceptionally well, but he's just so well-rounded as a fighter. If Chuck doesn't knock him out, he won't out-wrestle him. In fact, if Chuck doesn't knock him out- he won't win a decision IMHO. (I can't see Evans getting a KO or sub on someone as experienced as Liddell.)

Rashad is HARD to beat convincingly. Heck, he's undefeated so he's hard to beat atall. I don't think he does any one thing exceptionally well, but he's just so well-rounded as a fighter. If Chuck doesn't knock him out, he won't out-wrestle him. In fact, if Chuck doesn't knock him out- he won't win a decision IMHO. (I can't see Evans getting a KO or sub on someone as experienced as Liddell.)

um...Rampage did

um...Rampage did

Rashad is nowhere close to Rampage in terms of striking whether it is technique or power.

given Chuck's history with wrestler, Rashad is a tailor made opponent for him to get his first KO in the last 2yrs. that being said, i think Rashad will give Chuck some trouble, i see Chuck winning, but not by KO.

um...Rampage did

Let's not compare Rampage to Rashad. Rampage has put-you-to-bed power in his hands. The one thing Rashad does well is wrestle, but it's pretty much null against a guy like Liddell. Rashad has to mix it up with the fists if he wants to sneak in a takedown attempt, and we saw where that got Tito against Chuck. Rashad does have better defense on the feet than Tito. He constantly moves his head everywhere so fighters can't get a feel for where to punch. He also has quicker strikes with a little worse intentions than Tito's, but he's nowhere near Rampage's power level. I think there will be a few surprises within this fight, just like Chuck's last few fights.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Parisyan Injured, bout with Yoshida Scrapped

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14352

A last-minute back injury has forced welterweight contender Karo Parisyan to withdraw from his UFC 88 bout with Yoshiyuki Yoshida. Saturday’s UFC 88 card (pay-per-view 10pm ET / 7pm PT) will continue with nine bouts.

Thiago Silva is out of his fight with Machida at UFC 89 with an injury as well
i will be shocked if Dana lets Machida fight Forrest, it would be too much like right for him to do it.

on another note, Hurricane Ike is postponing next weeks WEC event until Nov. 5th :mad:

http://sherdog.com/news/news/ike-postpones-wec-36-14300

Dammit!!!!!

So the MMA gods give us Randy back in an interesting bout with Lesnar and provide us with at least 4 SOLID cards in Sept when the skins may not be doing so hot....then they take away two of the bouts and move one of the events back wtf man

Am I the first to lay down my picks for UFC 88?

Jason Lambert vs. Jason McDonald: Who freakin' knows? I like McDonald's ground game and I like Lambert's power. Both of them win 2 of every 3 fights they are in. Looks like a knee-jerk prediction. Jason Lambert by TKO in a Fight of the Night candidate.

Thiago Tavares vs. Kurt Pelligrino: Kurt's way tough and will probably bring more effort initially, but I like Thiago's pedigree.

Tavares by decision.

Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann: I'm dancing with SkinsOrlando again on this one. I took Kampmann so naturally my call is...

Kampmann by some sort of late choke.

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares: I'm almost scared for Hendo. His UFC run hasn't gone well. He should take care of Rousimar handily but Palhares is dangerous. Despite him losing his last 2, I cannot go against Dan in this matchup.

Hendo by KO.

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill: Holy moly. I love this matchup if Matt brings his A-game. Common sense says Ace Frank will win this bout. He's just so much more polished and you know he's consistent whereas Hamill's ground power and heavy hands can sometimes be negated by his mindset. I want so bad to call an upset here, but...

Rich Franklin escapes with a decision after surviving an early rush by the Hammer. I expect another Fight of Night candidate here.

Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs. "Sugar" Rashad Evans: Rashad could turn this into a snoozer on the mat. If he does, he'll stay undefeated. Chuck needs a knockout to get the fans back in "awe" of him. Evans is hard to finish but between Iceman's deadly fists and takedown defense, I see Sugar getting his first loss. (Note: I've picked him to lose 3 times and been wrong.)

Liddell by TKO.

GREAT card. Looking forward to hearing from you guys and maybe seeing a few of you here tonight.

Edited by Chachie

my UFC 88 Predictions:

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Matt Brown: this fight was moved up to the main card after the Karo fight was scrapped. Kim is a talented prospect in the WW division, with some serious ground n pound skills. This should be a good coming out party for Kim

Kim by TKO, 2nd Round

Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann: Kampmann while good on the ground, will want to keep this standing. this should come down to whether Kampmann can stop Nate from taking him down, i'm guessing he won't be able to and Nate will be able to use position to get a victory

Marquardt by Unanimous Decision

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hammill: i expect Hamill to start fast, and test Franklin at the higher weight. Hamill's stand up while improving, is still pretty bad. i don't think Rich will be able to stop his takedowns, but i'm not sure Hamill will be able to keep him down. I expect this to be relatively close until Hamill starts to gas late in the fight allowing Rich to get the victory.

Franklin by Unanimous Decision

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Pahlares: Hendo needs this fight to remain viable in any title considerations. Pahlares is a fast rising contender who could use this fight to springboard into a title fight. Standing advantage clearly goes to Hendo, who has KO power in that right hand. Pahlares, even without having the bjj competition credentials, is considered one of the best in the world. This fight will come down to the clinch. Hendo should have the advantage, but Pahlares has a knack creating leg submissions from the clinch. I see this fight at some point hitting the ground and Hendo being outclassed from by superior ground fighter.

Pahlares by Submission, 2nd Round

Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans: looking at Chuck's history against wrestlers, Rashad appears to be a tailor made opponent for Chuck to KO. that being said, Rashad is not an easy out, as he can be somewhat elusive. I think Rashad should save the takedown attempts for later in the fight, he'll expend way too much energy going for them early. Rashad's best chance is hit and move, pot shot Chuck, and hope Chuck gets impatient and does something stupid. i don't see that happening, but i see Rashad making it 3 rounds.

Liddell by Unanimous Decision

Dammit!!!!!

So the MMA gods give us Randy back in an interesting bout with Lesnar and provide us with at least 4 SOLID cards in Sept when the skins may not be doing so hot....then they take away two of the bouts and move one of the events back wtf man

I am with ya. All three of those pieces of news suck. I was looking forward to both of those fights and the WEC card. Why can't a EliteXC card get delayed...or something else I don't care about. :D

UFC 88: Randy's Back, Oh There's Fights This Weekend? picks.

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Matt Brown: Honestly, I have no idea who these guys are. I'll take Dong because it's gotta be tough to defend the name "Dong" as an Asian guy.

Martin Kampmann vs. Nate Marquardt: Kampmann has very good muay thai with KTFO power. Nate has to be careful, which he is not the best at. He reminds me of Lavar Arrington, where he has great potential, but blows opportunities by not settling in to positions. This is what makes it hard to call Nate's fights. If a focused Nate comes in tonight, I think he will be able to out-manuever Kampmann (whom has developed a stout ground game) on the ground. Nate is an acceptional wrestler, I think the fight is his if he doesn't get popped. Kampmann has to defend scrambles with underhooks and simultaneous strikes, or stick Nate on the way in. The odds go to Nate, Unanimous Decision.

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Pahlares: If you put the overall threat levels of these guys' past three opponents on a bar graph, Dan's would look like the Sears Tower, Petronas Tower, and the Tapai 101 Tower compared to Pahlares' Snickers bars. Pahlares is a great submission guy, and Dan will be in trouble if it gets down there, but how the hell is the fight going to get there? The last thing Dan wants to do is use his wrestling to find himself in Pahlares' guard. He will wiggle out of takedown attempts and throw his Mark McGwire-homerun-swing hooks. Pahlares should be taken out of this fight mentally after a few minutes go by. I think Dan will wither him down and tee-off on his chin. KO, Round 2.

Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill: In my opinion, and I speak for many people, Matt Hamill is undefeated. He got shafted against Bisping in England. Bisping, however much he was hated after that fight, is a stout opponent, and Hamill more than stood up to him. Hamill's wrestling pedigree is one of the best in MMA, and he is very instinctual for not being able to hear his corner during a fight. Rich Franklin, at this point in time, is subject to being overlooked because of his disintegrations against Anderson Silva. Talk about savvy vet, Franklin is the posterboy. His escapes from Okami and Lutter's submissions were amazing. Franklin is also very good at keeping a safe distance on the feet if you aren't as good of a striker as he is. Anderson would throw mean, revolutionary combinations to get Franklin in his thai-clinch, but Hamill will have to pay the price for getting Franklin down, as he is definitely not as dynamic as Anderson standing up (who is?). Franklin knows and accepts that he might get taken down hard tonight by the larger-framed Hamill. But his gameplan is probably focusing on what to do after he's down. 30-27, every score card, Franklin.

Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans: The problem here is, Rashad likes to play a ton of defense and pick his spots. The only wins he's had in the UFC that aren't decisions are two KTFOs, is he going to try to win by KTFO of Chuck? Jardine did drop Chuck on one knee with a clean jaw-shot, but Jardine's punches might be harder than Rashad's. The Sean Salmon head-kick was awesome, but Sean Salmon reminds me of the douchebag doing Tai-chi at the park in the spring. Rashad is trapped in a bad matchup simply because Chuck is notoriously and incredibly hard to keep on his back. Evans might be able to survive and get to the third round where Chuck has his deep-breath, look-at-the-clock moments, but I'm still not convinced Rashad can even take him down in the third, much less hold him there. Chuck, TKO ground and pound, 2nd round.

If anyone is so inclined, please post the sopcast channel.

What is the best way to look up UFC events on Sopcast? It's pretty much the only thing I use it for, but still haven't figured out how to find the correct channel on my own.

Channel 24267. Open the Live Channels tab and MMA-TV should be in the top group called "Sports Test Channels Group".