Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Im positive that gsp went as far as possible to get hardy to submit without breaking his arm. He should have realized that Hardy was not going to submit, and would rather break his arm. Thats some class on GSP's part, and some serious cahones on Hardy's. That said, if GSP wanted to end the fight, he should have tried to knock him out.

I was waiting for hardy's arm to snap in my face. Im glad it didnt.

Frank Mir got destroyed tonight. I am so glad for Nate Diaz who really impressed me with his jump to 170.

Did anyone notice how much bigger Brock is than Shane Carwin? Yeesh.

carwin looks like he walks around 255-265

brock has to cut weight to get to 265

it will be interesting win they fight. i dont think brock will mess with the standup, how will carwin do off his back will decide that fight

carwin looks like he walks around 255-265

brock has to cut weight to get to 265

it will be interesting win they fight. i dont think brock will mess with the standup, how will carwin do off his back will decide that fight

Carwin showed fantastic poise tonight. I don't think Mir had an answer from the opening bell.

Carwin showed fantastic poise tonight. I don't think Mir had an answer from the opening bell.

I completely agree. Carwin just burned through the aura of the anticipated Mir vs. Lesnar matchup. He went to work and did his job perfectly. In a way, that's why I think he stays working full time. Keeps his mind focused on the task at hand, just like a hard working employee at a blue collar job. I have to agree with Sebowski earlier, there are no words to describe the absolute dedication to his lifestyle. It's unbelievable that this guy works a full time job. He has to be the most focused person I've ever seen when it comes to keeping a regiment. It's incredible that he can finish people so fast that dedicate their entire lives to one single thing. He beats their asses, and he has to go to work tomorrow!

The dude probably never sits at the computer, never goes out anywhere, rarely watches T.V.. The guy is a machine. He's programed himself. Whether or not he will beat Brock is up in the air, but one thing is for sure. The guy is the epitome of managing a lifestyle.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I completely agree. Carwin just burned through the aura of the anticipated Mir vs. Lesnar matchup. He went to work and did his job perfectly. In a way, that's why I think he stays working full time. Keeps his mind focused on the task at hand, just like a hard working employee at a blue collar job. I have to agree with Sebowski earlier, there are no words to describe the absolute dedication to his lifestyle. It's unbelievable that this guy works a full time job. He has to be the most focused person I've ever seen when it comes to keeping a regiment. It's incredible that he can finish people so fast that dedicate their entire lives to one single thing. He beats their asses, and he has to go to work tomorrow!

The dude probably never sits at the computer, never goes out anywhere, rarely watches T.V.. The guy is a machine. He's programed himself. Whether or not he will beat Brock is up in the air, but one thing is for sure. The guy is the epitome of managing a lifestyle.

You're exactly right, and after tonight I think he has a good shot at putting a beatdown on Brock. He made Frank Mir his ***** tonight like it was nothing. It's hard to not take Carwin seriously now..he may not be a badass on the ground but he can wrestle and he can pull KTFOs like no other.

He actually spends time on the pc. He is on the underground forum a lot and is really in to twitter. Seems like a great guy from what he posts.

I may just be a Lesnar honk, but as good as Carwin's wrestling is, I don't think it is as close to Lesnar as people are saying. I equate Lesnar's wrestling superiority to GSP's. There are the elite wrestlers of the division then there are those guys. I give Carwin a punchers chance.

We need to see Mir-Dos Santos now. Dana wants to keep Cain waiting in case someone gets hurt in training. Mir-Dos Santos makes too much sense.

Next for GSP: Nothing at 170. We need to test him out at 185. I believe Anderson is just too big for GSP (like GSP is just too big for Penn). That doesn't mean we should keep him from a new challenge. I want to see GSP against someone he cannot dominate wrestling-wise. Sonnen would be great, but he is sitting tight until he loses to Anderson. Maybe give him a bigger middleweight to see if the size really matters that much. How about GSP-Okami?

I say put Almeida on the fast track. Give him Fitch. If he can stop Fitch he deserves a title shot.

Im positive that gsp went as far as possible to get hardy to submit without breaking his arm. He should have realized that Hardy was not going to submit' date=' and would rather break his arm. Thats some class on GSP's part, and some serious cahones on Hardy's. That said, if GSP wanted to end the fight, he should have tried to knock him out.

I was waiting for hardy's arm to snap in my face. Im glad it didnt.[/quote']

I noticed that too, GSP held back on the submissions a tad, he didn't wanna shatter his arm. Either way though he's in a class of his own, he dominated that fight without breaking a sweat.

Frank Mir got put in place real fast. Carwin dismantled him and it should be an interesting bout between him and Lesnar. Mir is really losing steam IMO. I'd say he's at best, the 5th best in the heavyweight division.

We need to see Mir-Dos Santos now. Dana wants to keep Cain waiting in case someone gets hurt in training. Mir-Dos Santos makes too much sense.

Velasquez is getting a title shot at the winner of Carwin/Lesnar:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/369907-cain-velasquez-will-wait-for-brock-lesnar-shane-carwin-ufc-116-winner

I hate to see him on the shelf like that because he gets better every time he fights. I'd really like to see Velasquez/Dos Santos but I agree about Dana being cautious in case someone gets injured.

I'm excited for Lesnar/Carwin. I doubted Carwin before last night's fight but he completely brutalized Frank Mir. We've seen Brock rocked on the feet before and if he gets tagged by Carwin it's going to be lights out.

I haven't seen a new up & comer with KO power like that in a long time.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/St-Pierre-Criticizes-Performance-Fitch-White-Clash-on-Koscheck-Bout-23511

When asked if Fitch might be awarded a rematch next with St. Pierre, White described the wrestler as “in the mix.” White then suggested a bout between Fitch and his AKA teammate Josh Koscheck to determine a clearer No. 1 contender. Fitch declined the offer, to which White responded that the fighter must not want a title shot bad enough.

“If that fight happened, it would happen in our gym with the doors closed,” said Fitch.

“That would make a lot money,” deadpanned White.

White said a May bout between Koscheck and rising contender Paul Daley would figure into the company’s next welterweight moves. Thiago Alves, who was sidelined on Thursday for an irregular brain scan in his pre-fight exams and pulled from the card, is expected to make a speedier return than first anticipated as well. White did not rule out re-scheduling the Fitch-Alves rematch again.

:rotflmao:

fitch will probably have to beat every WW in the UFC not attached to AKA before Dana gives him another shot at the title

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18482/ufc-111-suspensions-palhares-receives-disciplinary-action-riddle-out-indefinitely.mma

The NJSACB today distributed the list of medical and disciplinary suspensions to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The full list of suspensions included:

• Frank Mir: Suspended 30 days for precautionary reasons
  • Mark Bocek: Suspended 30 days for scalp laceration
  • Rory Markham: Suspended 30 days for facial laceration
  • Rousimar Palhares: Suspended 90 days for not releasing submission
  • Tomasz Drwal: Suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left knee and ankle
  • Jared Hamman: Suspended indefinitely pending X-rays of right foot; also suspended minimum of 60 days due to lacerations on right foot
  • Matthew Riddle: Suspended indefinitely pending CT scan

Fitch is a great fighter, but damn are his bouts of late boring as ****. He cannot finish a fight, and though I won't tag him as a "lay and pray" guy, the results are the same. I'd rather not see GSP turn him into hamburger meat again. Or Koschek for that matter.

so who's worse at this point, Dan Mirgliotta or Steve Mazzagatti? :whoknows:

As much as I want to say Mirgliotta, I suspect it's from being fresh off of his horrible reffing job last night, so stepping away from that temporary bias, I'm going to say Mazzagatti.

The UFC would be smart to work things back out with John McCarthy.

As much as I want to say Mirgliotta, I suspect it's from being fresh off of his horrible reffing job last night, so stepping away from that temporary bias, I'm going to say Mazzagatti.

The UFC would be smart to work things back out with John McCarthy.

Dan was also the Kimbo-Thompson guy and another fight a week later from that card that was all bad calls.

It is Dan by a mile.

Personally I'd say Mirgliotta is easily the worst. Mazzagatti has made some lame mistakes but Mirgliotta is a lumbering, brainless meatbag that consistently has me worried throughout every fight he refs. He's jittery because he's so freaking hopped up on weightlifting supplements, and it translates in to having the worst trait a ref can have: being a nuisance.

The thing I love about Josh Rosenthal, who is probably my favorite referee, is that you barely notice the guy in any fight he refs. He's consistent and relaxed, he doesn't feel the pressure and lets the calls practically make themselves. I think the biggest difference between him and a guy like Mirgliotta is that he isn't worried about messing up all the time. Mirgliotta seems like he's trying way too hard and is almost scared to be in there.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

For Mazzagatti the one that stands out in my mind first, is the ridiculous standup he did in Brock/Mir 1. If that didn't happen, Frank was most likely going to lose that fight.

BTW, d0ubles...Dogfish last night before the fights. I had four Aprihops and the fish & chips :pint::hungry:

The thing I love about Josh Rosenthal, who is probably my favorite referee, is that you barely notice the guy in any fight he refs. He's consistent and relaxed, he doesn't feel the pressure and lets the calls practically make themselves. I think the biggest difference between him and a guy like Mirgliotta is that he isn't worried about messing up all the time. Mirgliotta seems like he's trying way too hard and is almost scared to be in there.

Always love seeing Rosenthal in the cage. He is by far the best in my book.