Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Nate Diaz vs. Rory Markham: Nate needs a win here, he may stand for a few minutes with Markham but eventually he gets this to the ground and uses the brown belt for some good.

Diaz by armbar, Round 2

Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown: Brown can KO people and has a strong Judo background but his BJJ is lacking, he's prone to being submitted and that makes him a bad match for Almeida.

Almeida by RNC, Round 3

Jim Miller vs. Mark Bocek: Bocek's got a nice ground game but Miller is good enough on the mats to hold his own and his wrestling dictates the pace of this fight

Miller by UD

Jon Fitch vs. Ben Saunders: :yawnee:

Fitch by UD

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin: I'm impressed with Mir's new found motivation. All he's done is choke out Kongo, but his gameplanning and quick disposal of Cheick, was impressive. Not to mention the way he's bulked up in anticipation of a rubber match with Lesnar. I think he takes Carwin out of round one and exploits his gas tank. This could all end with one shot from Carwin though so I wouldn't be surprised to see Carwin advance. I'm almost more excited about this fight than the main event because we'll finally have a clear picture of the HW division, and I'm almost certain Dos Santos/Velasquez will fight with the winner taking on whomever is the champ between Mir/Carwin/Brock.

Mir by (T)KO, Round 2

GSP vs. Dan Hardy: Hardy's got good boxing but GSP has nothing to prove and isn't going to stand up and risk losing his belt.

GSP by TKO G&P, Round 3

Just got a message from the Matt Hamill movie (which is in post production) Facebook page that he's going to fight Keith Jardine at the TUF 11 finale. Good matchup, IMO. I got Hamill without any need for bias.

Hamill's got a nice chin and heavy hands. Maybe I should change my answer on whether Jardine will be in the UFC come 1/1/11.

Dang, good point. Jardine is such a well-known dude though, and I think he'll get the Bonnar treatment from Dana. No matter what happens he won't cut him.

I changed it. :)

Bonnar hasn't been getting KTFOed like Keith has.

Edited by Chachie

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin: I'm impressed with Mir's new found motivation. All he's done is choke out Kongo, but his gameplanning and quick disposal of Cheick, was impressive. Not to mention the way he's bulked up in anticipation of a rubber match with Lesnar. I think he takes Carwin out of round one and exploits his gas tank. This could all end with one shot from Carwin though so I wouldn't be surprised to see Carwin advance. I'm almost more excited about this fight than the main event because we'll finally have a clear picture of the HW division, and I'm almost certain Dos Santos/Velasquez will fight with the winner taking on whomever is the champ between Mir/Carwin/Brock.

Mir by (T)KO, Round 2

Just because Carwin hasn't needed to show his gas tank doesn't mean he doesn't have one. I'm sure he is ready for five rounds.

Just because Carwin hasn't needed to show his gas tank doesn't mean he doesn't have one. I'm sure he is ready for five rounds.

I agree, but how are you sure he's ready for five rounds? Obviously that part of Carwin is unknown. I really question if he can be a marathon man while working a full time job. The only way we can be sure of anything is to see him tested, and Carwin gets his cardio tested more in the warmup room than in the octagon.

I agree, but how are you sure he's ready for five rounds? Obviously that part of Carwin is unknown. I really question if he can be a marathon man while working a full time job. The only way we can be sure of anything is to see him tested, and Carwin gets his cardio tested more in the warmup room than in the octagon.

He strikes me as extremely dedicated and professional. He has to be going 5 rounds with fresh guys during training. Maybe even 10 minute rounds like some do. He will be prepared.

He strikes me as extremely dedicated and professional. He has to be going 5 rounds with fresh guys during training. Maybe even 10 minute rounds like some do. He will be prepared.

I dunno how dedicated you can be with two full time jobs. I'd love to excuse having two girlfriends by saying that I'm extremely dedicated and professional to both of them. :ols:

I mean looking at how fast he finishes fights, he strikes me as a guy that works on strength and power most of the time he's training. He doesn't want the fight to go on for long. I couldn't imagine that guy running 15 laps around the track.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll