Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

lights went out

obviously the Undertaker is making his octagon debut tonight

:ols:

That's exactly what I thought, I was ready for him to make his MMA debut w/ Paul Bearer walking him to the ring.

WOW! He made Struve look like a can.

Edit: :ols: Roy Nelson is awesome he called out James Toney.

He definitely did make Struve look like a can. That was a sweet call-out too haha.

*Edit: :ols::ols::ols: at that pic of Roy...I guess it worked though

Edited by #98QBKiller

My first UFC event, and I must say that I had a great time. Our seats were decent, and most of the fights were good, including the undercard. I don't know which undercard fights they showed on TV, but Okami looked great and the Gerald Harris fight was a good one. All of the main card fights were pretty good, and I don't know how it sounded on TV, but the crowd was great.

Met a handful of people; Dan Hardy, Rogan, Mirgliaotta, Yamasaki and the Tapout guys.

My first UFC event, and I must say that I had a great time. Our seats were decent, and most of the fights were good, including the undercard. I don't know which undercard fights they showed on TV, but Okami looked great and the Gerald Harris fight was a good one. All of the main card fights were pretty good, and I don't know how it sounded on TV, but the crowd was great.

Met a handful of people; Dan Hardy, Rogan, Mirgliaotta, Yamasaki and the Tapout guys.

That was a pretty damn good card last night. Not a bad event to call your first. What was the deal with the lights going out before the Nelson/Struve match? Could you still hear Buffer shouting the intros right after they went out?

That's awesome. I've been to some minor shows and an Affliction one (Fedor-Sylvia). Still haven't been to the UFC. How did you meet those people? After party?

That was a pretty damn good card last night. Not a bad event to call your first. What was the deal with the lights going out before the Nelson/Struve match? Could you still hear Buffer shouting the intros right after they went out?

I don't know what the deal was, but that was crazy. Actually Buffer just froze immediately. Everyone was very confused.

That's awesome. I've been to some minor shows and an Affliction one (Fedor-Sylvia). Still haven't been to the UFC. How did you meet those people? After party?

Actually there was an afterparty that I was told about, but I did not go. Most of the people that I met were completely at random. The first one I met was Hardy. I was in line to get a beer when one of my friends said "look" and pointed over my shoulder and Hardy was right behind me talking to someone. I have been to that arena a few times and instead of going through the bottom level and the tunnel to get to cageside, he walked down the stairs and through the fans. Took a lot of pictures, signed a lot of autographs, seemed like a good guy. And by the way, he said that his arm feels fine.

Speaking of Hardy, I also met pro wrestler Jeff Hardy, who was in the concession line the next time I went out to get a beer (that happened a few times :pint:). Not a huge wrestling guy, but I did watch it back in the day.

As for Rogan, the Tapout guys and Renzo Gracie, I just met them hanging out in the arena after the fights. There are a lot of fans that stick around and most of the UFC guys stay around for a while, signing autographs and taking pictures. I was really impressed with how approachable everyone was.

I met Yamasaki and Miragliotta in the parking lot when we were heading back to the car. There is a tunnel that goes under the road from the arena to the main parking lot and as soon as we got out of the tunnel we saw a few people taking pictures, and Miragliotta was right in the middle of them. He has had some questionable moments in the octagon recently, but he is a great guy. It was funny, one of my friend, as soon as he saw Miragliotta, almost as a reaction said "stand 'em up."

I am guessing Yamasaki and Miragliotta rode the arena together because as we started walking to the car again we saw Yamasaki. I shook his hand and he said sarcastically something like "I am ready to go, but he keeps on talking." But we hung around them for a while and they were both happy to chat for a little while or take a picture with whoever wanted one.

So it was a great night and well worth what I paid. I am already thinking about what event I can go to next.

I think Nelson/Toney would be too much of a risk of killing the cash cow too fast. You gotta get this guy a win or two under his belt so those particular ignoramus boxing fans that think "boxers are better than MMA fighters" keep watching. Then right when their chubbies are at full blast, deflate that **** by giving Toney an MMA death sentence.

The thing is, I dunno if there's a person in the UFC that isn't a huge, huge risk for Toney. We all say that Kongo's ground game is "pathetic", but that's relative to the skill level in the UFC. Let's not forget that Kimbo choked out Ray Mercer in his MMA debut. I wouldn't be surprised if Toney tapped out to a half-nelson applied by Mustapha Al-Turk.

Florian-Maynard, Boston, August. It just makes too much sense not to happen.

I'd like to see Nelson vs Mir, Dos Santos, or Toney. My prediction though is Kongo. Toney is a real shot too though.

Nelson vs. Mir would be a good story line considering Big Country beat Mir at Grappler's Quest a few years back.

I think Nelson beats Mir, he's at the very least, as good as Mir on the ground and I think he lands a big shot and stops him easily standing too.

I think Nelson/Toney would be too much of a risk of killing the cash cow too fast. You gotta get this guy a win or two under his belt so those particular ignoramus boxing fans that think "boxers are better than MMA fighters" keep watching. Then right when their chubbies are at full blast, deflate that **** by giving Toney an MMA death sentence.

The thing is, I dunno if there's a person in the UFC that isn't a huge, huge risk for Toney. We all say that Kongo's ground game is "pathetic", but that's relative to the skill level in the UFC. Let's not forget that Kimbo choked out Ray Mercer in his MMA debut. I wouldn't be surprised if Toney tapped out to a half-nelson applied by Mustapha Al-Turk.

Good point about Kimbo tapping out Ray Mercer. Do you think Dana would give Toney a good ground guy to prove a point though? I know Dana is all about the money, but what would be sweeter than having a boxer come in, running his mouth about the sport and get his arm broken in his first fight by a grappler?

It would give Dana something to run his mouth about in the ever-going MMA/Boxing debate.