Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Tell you what, they don't have to outlaw elbows in MMA, just elbows from Jon Jones.

Two fights in a row where those things rearranged someone's face.

this one was legal though :silly:

i say give him the winner of Lil Nog/Forrest next

Edited by StillUnknown

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18394/ufc-on-versus-1-fighter-bonuses-three-fighters-earn-50k-ko-of-night-awards.mma

BROOMFIELD, Colo. – Jon Jones, Junior Dos Santos, John Howard and Clay Guida each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Sunday's UFC on Versus 1 event.

For the first time ever, the organization dished out three "Knockout of the Night" awards (to Jon Jones, Junior Dos Santos and John Howard), a single "Submission of the Night" bonus (Clay Guida) and no "Fight of the Night" honors.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the award winners and bonus amounts at the event's post-fight press conference.

UFC on Versus 1, the first-ever Ultimate Fighting Championship event to air on Versus, took place at the 1STBANK Center in Broomfield, Colo. The night's lineup featured 11 bouts, four of which airs live on Versus.

For more on UFC on Versus 1, including the night's official results, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

dana being generous with the checkbook, well deserved bonuses in each instance

for the insomniacs out there, Dream 13 starts at 3am(est) :ols:

DREAM.13

Date: Mar 22, 2010

Venue: Yokohama Arena

Broadcast: HDNet (North America)

* Cole Escovedo vs. Yoshiro Maeda

* Josh Barnett vs. Siala "Mighty Mo" Siligia

* Champ Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joachim Hansen (for DREAM featherweight title)

* Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs. Katsunori Kikuno

* Andre "Dida" Amade vs. K.J. Noons

* Ryo Chonan vs. Andrews Nakahara

* Jimmy Ambriz vs. Ikuhisa Minowa

Did anyone else feel like Vera was almost using the broken orbital bone (is that what it turned out to be?) as an excuse for his loss? I realize that it was the REASON for his loss, but he almost seemed to laugh after the fight and point to his eye as though saying "I didn't get beat, I just got injured and couldn't continue". Or, is my dislike of Vera clouding reality?

Edited by herrmag