Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

All the analysts on MMA Live are fantastic. Florian, Miletich, Rashad, Rich Franklin, and Franklin McNeil is the man. The only one who doesn't seem natural at doing it is Miguel Torres, he's like a soft spoken robot. But it's one of the only T.V. shows I look forward to.

Inside MMA is really nice too, love how they get a ton of big names in the studio. Bas is funny and all, but I could do without him getting sidetracked every other time he starts talking about something.

I lost a bit of my man crush for Mir over the last 6-8 months because of his mouth, but I can't drop him out of the picture yet just because he lost to Lesnar. Frank made quite a comeback from his motorcycle crash which could have (maybe should have) ended his career. He's still technically the best HW out there. Lesnar is a freak of science and should be in an even higher weight class than HW if one existed. I think Mir crushes anyone else. If he loses to Carwin it won't be by submission or decision. It'll be Carwin's punching power that does it and let's face it- anyone can be KOed by a HW punch.

I'm kind of torn on Mir, he generally backs it up when he talks....and he does talk a lot lol. I don't think he "crushes" anybody else though. I think Dos Santos, Velasquez, and possibly Carwin too could beat Mir.

Bas is funny and all, but I could do without him getting sidetracked every other time he starts talking about something.

Yeah Bas needs to settle the eff down on that show. He gets wild with his tangents. But I do like how they have three good guests at a time. One time they had Don Frye and King Mo when they were supposed to fight and they were going back and forth all show lol.

I'm kind of torn on Mir, he generally backs it up when he talks....and he does talk a lot lol. I don't think he "crushes" anybody else though. I think Dos Santos, Velasquez, and possibly Carwin too could beat Mir.

I'm almost looking forward to Mir/Carwin more than the GSP fight this weekend. Mir seems super focused after he got embarrassed by Brock in the rematch and I want to see if he's ready to make a serious run. If he can drag Carwin out of the first round I'm wondering if Carwin has the gas to keep things competitive.

The flip side is that Carwin hits like a Mack truck and Mir isn't known for being able to handle punishment very well, so it's possible that he could take a shot from Carwin and crumble.

That fight will tell us a lot about what's going to happen in the HW division. I think Dos Santos/Velasquez is going to happen next and the winner of that should get to fight whomever is the champ after Brock fights either Carwin or Mir.

I'm almost looking forward to Mir/Carwin more than the GSP fight this weekend. Mir seems super focused after he got embarrassed by Brock in the rematch and I want to see if he's ready to make a serious run. If he can drag Carwin out of the first round I'm wondering if Carwin has the gas to keep things competitive.

The flip side is that Carwin hits like a Mack truck and Mir isn't known for being able to handle punishment very well, so it's possible that he could take a shot from Carwin and crumble.

That fight will tell us a lot about what's going to happen in the HW division. I think Dos Santos/Velasquez is going to happen next and the winner of that should get to fight whomever is the champ after Brock fights either Carwin or Mir.

I think it's a toss up really. The longer that fight goes though the more you'd have to put it in Mir's favor. Dos Santos/Velasquez would be a hell of a fight, I think the HW division is gonna start to pick up a lot of steam in the coming months, should be exciting to watch.

All the analysts on MMA Live are fantastic. Florian, Miletich, Rashad, Rich Franklin, and Franklin McNeil is the man. The only one who doesn't seem natural at doing it is Miguel Torres, he's like a soft spoken robot. But it's one of the only T.V. shows I look forward to.

Couldn't agree more. I never miss an episode. The host, Jon Anik, is great too. You can tell he is a big fan and is also a great anchor. The show has made me a big Rashad fan. That said, I do not like the move to TV. The internet show is more than 30mins without commercials. I think its around 42mins which would make it perfect for an hr on TV with commercials. I don't think I'm going to like the abbreviated format as much.

I'd bet on those guys over Mir. After Mir loses this weekend I think a Dos Santos fight would be perfect.

I think it's a toss up really. The longer that fight goes though the more you'd have to put it in Mir's favor. Dos Santos/Velasquez would be a hell of a fight, I think the HW division is gonna start to pick up a lot of steam in the coming months, should be exciting to watch.

I agree. Fedor better stop slacking and get to the UFC if he wants to cement his legacy before he retires.

I agree. Fedor better stop slacking and get to the UFC if he wants to cement his legacy before he retires.

You mean fighting Werdum in July isn't good enough? That reminds me, I need to edit my predictions in that contest. I was thinking there was more time left in the year. Besides Werdum, Fedor will probably do a NYE fight in Japan against a can and that'll do it for the year for him.

You mean fighting Werdum in July isn't good enough? That reminds me, I need to edit my predictions in that contest. I was thinking there was more time left in the year. Besides Werdum, Fedor will probably do a NYE fight in Japan against a can and that'll do it for the year for him.

I think he'll squeeze in the Overeem fight before the year is out, prob in November or December. Assuming he beats Werdum and Overeem doesn't test positive for horse testosterone.

I think he'll squeeze in the Overeem fight before the year is out, prob in November or December. Assuming he beats Werdum and Overeem doesn't test positive for horse testosterone.

There was something in the language of the latest news on Fedor's contract that lead me to believe his next fight won't be in the US on a Strikeforce card. It will be a cross promotional thing in a different country. Not sure Fedor would take an Overeem fight in a different country. Maybe the Barnett fight finally happens. More than likely it will be against a Mighty Mo kind of guy. I hope I'm wrong though.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18446/jon-fitch-replaces-jake-ellenberger-meets-ben-saunders-on-ufc-111-main-card.mma

Hours after learning opponent Thiago Alves failed a CT scan and was scratched from the card, his opponent, Jon Fitch (21-3 MMA, 11-1 UFC), has agreed to replace Jake Ellenberger (22-5 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and fight fellow welterweight Ben Saunders (8-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) on the UFC 111 pay-per-view main card.

Multiple sources today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the change to Saturday's card, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

A source told MMAjunkie.com said Saunders specifically asked for the new bout when Fitch became available.

Ellenberger has been promised his "show" and "win" money to make up for the UFC's last-minute switch, we're told.

An official announcement is expected any time now from the UFC.

Fitch and Alves were scheduled to fight in a featured UFC 111 bout with potential title implications. The duo first met in 2007, when Fitch defeated Alves. However, an irregularity in a pre-fight CT prompted the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board understandably to err on the side of caution and nix the rematch. As we reported earlier today, Alves' agent, Malki Kawa of First Round Management, said the fighter doesn't have any serious injuries or ailments and hopes to return at UFC 112 in April.

Fitch looks for his fourth straight UFC win since a loss to UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. Saunders, meanwhile, recently rebounded from his first career loss (to Mike Swick) with an impressive KO win over Marcus Davis.

good replacement bout. fitch would be wise to stay out saunders' clinch, unless he wants to get his face rearranged. i cant see saunders stopping fitch from taking him down repeatedly though

nice touch to pay Ellenberger his show/win money to step aside

Actually you are probably right due to their youth and hunger but I mainly meant that Mir is chocked with experience and has really improved his striking, ala the Nog and Kongo results.

i'm still not sold on Carwin

outside of his 1-shot kill power, he hasnt shown much

Me either. He hasn't been tested at all. Just because he took ManBearPig's shot doesn't mean he can take any prolonged punishment or that he has real cardio.

Mir seems super focused after he got embarrassed by Brock in the rematch...

That's why I'm expecting him to beat Carwin. His striking has become awesome and he's even gained a ton of weight w/o getting fat. He's got to be stronger than he was before the 2nd Lesnar fight.

I'd bet on those guys over Mir. After Mir loses this weekend I think a Dos Santos fight would be perfect.

You're picking Carwin flat out? I'm not saying Carwin is a lame duck at all but I just haven't seen enough of him to favor him over a legend... yet. :)

it could be the hate speaking, but cannot call Mir a legend.

just doesnt sound right lol

I can see where he hasn't truly earned it in the eyes of many but I give it to him. Especially after he had to re-start his entire career and still won the belt again. Heck, doublestroke thinks he'll be champ again on 1/1/11. :)

There was something in the language of the latest news on Fedor's contract that lead me to believe his next fight won't be in the US on a Strikeforce card. It will be a cross promotional thing in a different country. Not sure Fedor would take an Overeem fight in a different country. Maybe the Barnett fight finally happens. More than likely it will be against a Mighty Mo kind of guy. I hope I'm wrong though.

Here's what I was talking about

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11040&zoneid=13

"M-1 Global and Strikeforce entered into a three fight contract exclusive for Fedor to fight in a co-promotion between Strikeforce and M-1 Global, and as you know we did the first fight on Nov 7 in Chicago," said Coker.

"Fedor is now scheduled to fight in June towards the end of the month in America against Fabricio Werdum."

This and the contract dispute they just went through makes me think the third fight will be outside of Strikeforce with a Strikeforce banner on the ring and on the poster.