Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

satufceleven.jpg

This is why I don't like Lesnar. His point was made (in spades) but he can't resist the opportunity to squat and pee on his beaten opponent. I know you say he's clowning, Keeastman but I don't see the clown. I see the man desperate for attention who's not willing to acknowledge a loss but is so quick to do things like this when he wins. He's a whiny puke who showed zero class on what should have been his crowning achievement. I'm in for a long line of disappointing nights because I'll be rooting against Brock for his whole career. There's no "entertainer" there, guys. It's all ego and self-entitlement. He admits to being a sore loser but let's face it- he's a pretty sh***y winner.

Lesnasr isn't a martial artist like most. He is a fighter like the Diaz bros. He took all the crap Mir talked seriously. Mir has said he tones up the trash talk before a fight to help sell it. Lesnar has been told this isn;'t WWE a million times so he took all that personal, held it in, and exploded on Mir. It was a natural reaction to winning a fight like that.

:)

My dear, you picked a rotten example to use. I almost want to say you didn't watch the entire interview. The "90 second" comment was perfectly justified and it was said right after the iinterviewer told Frank that Brock had said a lot of negative things about him. Frank gave Brock a lot of space and showed more humilty to the sport and more fairness to Lesnar in that interview than brock will ever have in his whole life.

:whoknows:

Comparing someone to Junie Browning is a huge insult IMO. :silly:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/04/21/ufc-100-frank-mir-compares-brock-lesnar-to-junie-browning/

Here were brock's first three steps as UFC Champ...

1. Stick his finger in the face of his beaten and bloodied opponent. (Nobody wanted to forgive BJ Penn for licking blood off his gloves, but Lesnar gets a pass at 4-1?)

2. Flip the bird to the audience that booed him for gloating over an opponent who was just picked up off the canvas. (You're 1-1 against the guy, Brock. get some perspective.)

3. Diss the sponsors that the UFC is in business with because they didn't give him any money. (What was that you were saying about Brock not caring about money, Sebowski?) Total loser move #3.

I believe the first thing Brock did as UFC champ was this:

lol

oddly enough, i just pulled up that fight from my collection......he literally said in his post fight interview "i have the utmost respect for Randy"

:D

:)

My dear, you picked a rotten example to use. I almost want to say you didn't watch the entire interview. The "90 second" comment was perfectly justified and it was said right after the iinterviewer told Frank that Brock had said a lot of negative things about him. Frank gave Brock a lot of space and showed more humilty to the sport and more fairness to Lesnar in that interview than brock will ever have in his whole life.

:whoknows:

I'm not going to fish around for example, but Mir was mixing in a lot of condescending talk in with his interviews.

Here is a good article on the Lesnar side:

http://mmamania.com/2009/07/13/ufc-100-in-defense-of-brock-lesnar/

At UFC 100 on July 11, Brock Lesnar soundly defeated Frank Mir in front of a hostile crowd and millions of viewers at home to unify the UFC heavyweight championship.

The former WWE superstar spent eighteen months preparing for that moment. In fact, since his debut at UFC 81 in February of 2007, Lesnar has done nothing but listen to how green he is.

And how he couldn’t finish Heath Herring at UFC 87 despite the perception that the “Texas Crazy Horse” has no ground game. Or how he was losing to Randy Couture at UFC 91 but scored the win because Father Time robbed “The Natural” of his reaction speed and Lesnar has giant mitts.

Leading up to his rematch with Mir, everything about Brock was how awful he was technically, how preposterous it was that a 3-1 wrestler was championship material. Mir even offered to train him after the event to help him become better.

And the fans?

Well, let’s see. For starters there were the steroid allegations, because we all know that even though you’ve never failed a drug test in your career, you’re still on steroids if you are blessed with a body that keyboard jockeys could never achieve.

Talk also surrounded the giant sword tattooed on his chest, because it is completely relevant to his UFC career. And the WWE? Scarlet letter can’t even do that stigma justice.

Then Lesnar walks out to the UFC 100 main event to a chorus of boos. The same people who cheered Georges St. Pierre when he had top position on Thiago Alves booed Lesnar in that same position. Lesnar wins and they hiss at him like a villain from a silent film.

Eighteen months of abuse. Eighteen months of eating **** from most of the world gets funneled into Lesnar’s bloodstream and erupts in an emotional post-fight adrenaline dump.

I believe the UFC had a tagline not too long ago … something like “As real as it gets.” Well it got real — and now it looks like a lot of people are having a difficult time handling it.

Welcome to the new era of ultimate fighting. You’ve heard the old adage, “Be careful what you wish for?”

In the real world, there are heroes and there are villains. There are also some people who are a little bit of both. If you want to have a real sport with real people, then this is some of the baggage that comes with it.

Critics have slammed Lesnar’s post-fight antics as phony posturing, triggered by a pro-wrestling mentality that is provoking by design.

You want phony? How about his poorly-scripted and ham-handed apology in the post-event presser — that clearly reeked of Dana’s paddle.

I believe that Brock going on an emotional bender after the biggest win in his life was real. Slurping down a Bud Light to soothe some wounded souls afterward, was not.

Fans who cry for sportsmanship have an argument, but my problem is those are the same fans who Mir’d him before, during and after the fight.

Don’t poke the gorilla in the cage and then act surprised when he gets out and goes on rampage.

Now before you claim I’m typing this rant using Lesnar’s pasty-pencil, I’ll warn you I’m no Lesnar nuthugger. Taking a verbal dump on the UFC’s biggest sponsor was a little dumb, and I’m not sure how much interest I have in when he’s going to show Mrs. Lesnar his little Gopher.

But let’s keep things in perspective. At an event that saw Dan Henderson purposely strike an unconscious Michael Bisping to send a message — I don’t want to hear about Lesnar being unsportsmanlike.

And now UFC heavyweight contender Shane Carwin wants to blog about Lesnar being “lame?” Wonderful. Isn’t this the same guy who hastily slammed Brock in his blog for Internet comments that Lesnar didn’t even make?

What does Carwin, who’s never headlined an event in his life, know about the pressures of carrying the biggest pay-per-view in UFC history?

Carwin’s primary concern as of late has been which of his dimwitted fans is going to coin his goofy new nickname. I would like Carwin to spend a year being ridiculed for a pro wrestling career, accused of steroids, pressured into carrying a pay-per-view, etc. before speaking out on Brock.

Lesnar has ESPN in his barn. In four fights he’s been forced to face Frank Mir (twice), Randy Couture and Heath Herring. Carwin, who is being coddled to the point of absurdity, had his biggest test to date against Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96.

Despite losing, “Napao” re-engineered Carwin’s nose with one punch.

The UFC is a sport based on real fighting between real men. No matter how professional your standards, fighting carries a certain emotional intensity that just doesn’t come with an on-off switch.

Brock Lesnar is a villain. He lassoed Heath Herring, gave no respect to Randy Couture and got in the face of a battered Frank Mir. He is the antithesis of a Rich Franklin-type of fighter, who thanks God and his opponent in his post-fight speech, then proceeds to shake hands with everyone from the opposing trainer to Mike in Accounting.

I like Franklin, just as I like Lesnar. They’re real people who are different in their styles, emotions and philosophy. I appreciate the ability to root for one and jeer the other.

And to me, the genuine moments in this sport are also the most unforgettable.

From Forrest Griffin’s breakdown after losing to Keith Jardine at UFC 66 to Houston Alexander screaming at a fallen “Dean of Mean” at UFC 71 to Michael Bisping’s jump-for-joy reaction to beating Matt Hamill at UFC 75, those images provided me with an emotional investment in not just the fighters, but the sport in general.

Lesnar comes across as a jerk and a bully. But he also comes across as one of the most dangerous heavyweight fighters in the game today.

The more vile Lesnar gets, the more I want to see him taken out. Count this fan among the legions of MMA fanatics who will reach into their wallets for the next Lesnar pay-per-view.

And I’m not lost on the irony that a man who made his name in the land of make believe is now facing ridicule for being “as real as it gets.”

Lesnasr isn't a martial artist like most. He is a fighter like the Diaz bros. He took all the crap Mir talked seriously. Mir has said he tones up the trash talk before a fight to help sell it. Lesnar has been told this isn;'t WWE a million times so he took all that personal, held it in, and exploded on Mir. It was a natural reaction to winning a fight like that.

Yeah, I don't see how people can be mad at that. Mir was talking ****, trying to get Lesnar mad, and so Lesnar reacts like any normal person would.

You sure do know alot about who Dana likes and dislikes for a guy who says MMA is boring and he can't stand watching it.
More boring than boxing doesn't equal boring period, and I NEVER said I can't stand watching it.

As much as I like talking about my boy Brock, Henderson absolutely shut Bisping up. Bisping even said as much in an interview. That flying kill shot was nasty as hell. A little unnecessary, but that's the nature of the beast. The bar I was at all stood up and started chanting USA! USA! USA! right when he hit that.

As much as I like talking about my boy Brock, Henderson absolutely shut Bisping up. Bisping even said as much in an interview. That flying kill shot was nasty as hell. A little unnecessary, but that's the nature of the beast. The bar I was at all stood up and started chanting USA! USA! USA! right when he hit that.

Bisping is a ****ing *******, he deserved that extra shot. I was so glad to see Hendo whoop up on him.

I dunno about everyone else, I thought Belcher easily took that.

Belcher was robbed and I a can't believe one of the judges actually scored it 30/27 for the other guy. Terrible decision.

Here's my take for the rest of the main card.

Hell freaking yea Hendo, STFU Bisping. I bet his toes are still curled after that brutal knock out. The second punch had all of Hendo's weight behind it. Bisping finally fought someone who can actually fight and was exposed.

GSP is a freaking beast. How anyone can question his MMA skills is beyone me. Hands down the most well rounded fighter in the game. Not only did he beat the bigger guy, he dominated him for 5 straight rounds.

Brock is the biggest douche bag in MMA. I hate this dude more than Tim Silvia. Win with grace ass hole and stop trying to turn the UFC into the WWE. I can't wait until Fedor kicks his head off.

Wish I would have seen Dolloway get his ass kicked, can't stand him either.

This is why I don't like Lesnar. His point was made (in spades) but he can't resist the opportunity to squat and pee on his beaten opponent. I know you say he's clowning, Keeastman but I don't see the clown.

That's fine, lots of people view him differently. I'm going off a lot of what my fiance tells me as far as Brock having worked a bit with him, and a lot with his trainers...that he's actually a supernice guy.

I agree that Brock got carried away after the fight, but I've seen that with several guys in sports, especially in the wrestling world. I guess I just understand his mindset a little more because my fiance liked to piss the crowd off in collegiate wrestling, he did all sorts of crap to screw with people and he thought it was hilarious, totally fed off of it. I know Brock loves it when people don't like him, my friend Ricky, same way. So, I guess I'm a bit more tolerant of this occasion because I've seen it a few times and I've seen the guys behind it and seen that they're actually good guys.

Sure, Brock's a sore loser and this is a loss he wanted to avenge, especially after he felt it was such a lucky submission he basically gave Mir. I think his intensity is part of what makes him such a great athlete. And I guess I kind of get how a guy can go off after something like that, although yeah, it was overboard. He definitely acted like he was back in the WWE. There was definitely some seriousness to it, especially right afterward, but his speech, a lot of that was clowning around.

Anyway...I still thought it was funny, :laugh:

But of course, I'll be the first to admit that I'm totally biased, so always take whatever I say about wrestlers with a grain of salt. :D

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15505/anthony-johnson-vs-yoshiyuki-yoshida-slated-for-ufc-104-in-los-angeles.mma

A bout between Anthony Johnson (7-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and fellow welterweight Yoshiyuki Yoshida (11-3 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will take place in October at UFC 104.

A source close to the negotiations today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place and bout agreements are in the process of being finalized.

UFC 104, which features a main event between UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and challenger Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, takes place Oct. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and airs on pay-per-view.

Johnson, who's posted back-to-back knockout victories over Luigi Fioravanti and Kevin Burns in his two most recent fights, had been slated to fight hard-hitting Matt Brown at The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale in June. However, Johnson suffered a knee injury prior to the bout and was forced off the card.

Upon his return, the former JUCO national wrestling champion (Lassen Community College) will go for his fourth win in five fights and his fifth consecutive win via knockout.

However, he faces an opponent who's been knocked out just once, to Josh Koscheck in brutal fashion at UFC Fight Night 16 in December. Yoshida rebounded from the loss (his first in the UFC and his first in three years) with a first-round submission victory over Brandon Wolff at UFC 98. Yoshida is now 10-1 in his past 11 fights, and all 10 victories have come via stoppage (six knockouts, three submissions and a disqualification).

It's not known at the time if the Johnson vs. Yoshida bout will earn a spot on the night's televised main card.

The latest UFC 104 card now includes:

• Champ Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (for light-heavyweight title)*
  • Shane Carwin vs. Cain Velasquez*
  • Anthony Johnson vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida*
  • Ryan Bader vs. Eric Schafer*
  • Patrick Barry vs. Antoni Hardonk*
  • Razak Al-Hassan vs. Kyle Kingsbury*

* - Not officially announced

Yoshida is strong at judo, but Rumble a damn good wrestler and he has better striking than Koscheck

could be another nasty night for Yoshida

I can't believe a judge had it 30-27, but I scored it 29-28 Akiyama.

30-27 was definitely wrong, i also scored it 29-28 akiyama

the word robbery gets thrown around too much. in a close fight, if you disagree with the decision, it doesn't equate to robbery

the only decision in the last couple of years i can think of off hand that i would classify as "robbery" would be Bisping/Hammil

the word robbery gets thrown around too much. in a close fight, if you disagree with the decision, it doesn't equate to robbery

the only decision in the last couple of years i can think of off hand that i would classify as "robbery" would be Bisping/Hammil

I still get angry when I think of that Bisping/Hamill fight. Especially at the pompous way Bisping acted afterward.

But on a brighter note, in your sig, the way Bisping falls on the picture of the supplement bottle, it looks like he is wearing a top hat. Or one of those cheap styrofoam hats at political conventions.

Edited by lovetoaster

I agree. Akiyama won that fight clearly. He didn't dominate but he clearly won because of his take downs. In a close round successful take downs will win the round, as they should!

But on a brighter note, in your sig, the way Bisping falls on the picture of the supplement bottle, it looks like he is wearing a top hat. Or one of those cheap styrofoam hats at political conventions.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i never picked up on that, good catch

I agree. Akiyama won that fight clearly. He didn't dominate but he clearly won because of his take downs. In a close round successful take downs will win the round, as they should!

It was a very close fight. I could have seen it going Belcher's way. But for Rogan to say that Belcher was robbed after they read the score was completely ridiculous IMO.

It was a very close fight. I could have seen it going Belcher's way. But for Rogan to say that Belcher was robbed after they read the score was completely ridiculous IMO.

Agreed, Rogan implying that Belcher dominated that fight was asinine. It was a close fight and it clearly could have gone either way. I had Belcher winning the fight 29-28, but I could easily have made a case for Akiyama to get the decision. And that's why they say to never put a fight in the hands of the judges, cause you never know how they saw the fight.

exactly how i feel

i picked belcher to win, even lost a small amount of cash on a bet at the fight party i was at, but i still scored the fight as i watched it for akiyama