Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Michael Bisping was robbed... of his consciousness! :)
My friends and I now refer to him as Michael "Down for the Count" Bisping. :)
It was a very close fight. I could have seen it going Belcher's way. But for Rogan to say that Belcher was robbed after they read the score was completely ridiculous IMO.
Yeah, Rogan was just of an idiot for saying Belcher was robbed as that one judge was for scoring that bout 30-27. I had Akiyama winning 29-28 simply due to the takedowns because they were pretty equal on the feet.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15505/anthony-johnson-vs-yoshiyuki-yoshida-slated-for-ufc-104-in-los-angeles.mma

Yoshida is strong at judo, but Rumble a damn good wrestler and he has better striking than Koscheck

could be another nasty night for Yoshida

Man that's going to be a ****ing great card. Machida/Shogun, Carwin/Velasquez, and now Yoshida/Johnson.

But on a brighter note, in your sig, the way Bisping falls on the picture of the supplement bottle, it looks like he is wearing a top hat. Or one of those cheap styrofoam hats at political conventions.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

On another note...

in 6 days we have Dream 10, then in a week and a half the Affliction card is up (going to be stacked), there's a Sengoku card a day after, then 5 days later is UFC 101, then the very next day is WEC Torres vs, Bowles.

Then a few weeks later....it's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!

Edited by #98QBKiller

On another note...

in 6 days we have Dream 10, then in a week and a half the Affliction card is up (going to be stacked), there's a Sengoku card a day after, then 5 days later is UFC 101, then the very next day is WEC Torres vs, Bowles.

Then a few weeks later....it's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!

Unfortunately, no Dream for me since my cable system got rid of HD Net, but August is an incredible month for MMA.

Aug. 1: Affliction 3

Aug. 8: UFC 101

Aug. 9: WEC Torres vs. Bowles

Aug. 15: Strikeforce - Carano vs. Cyborg/Diaz vs. Riggs/Overeem vs. Werdum/Thomson vs. Melendez

Aug 29: UFC 102

Incredible.

Edited by lovetoaster

Unfortunately, no Dream for me since my cable system got rid of HD Net, but August is an incredible month for MMA.

Aug. 1: Affliction 3

Aug. 8: UFC 101

Aug. 9: WEC Torres vs. Bowles

Aug. 15: Strikeforce - Carano vs. Cyborg/Diaz vs. Riggs/Overeem vs. Werdum/Thomson vs. Melendez

Aug 29: UFC 102

Incredible.

:doh: Not sure how I forgot to list the Strikeforce card! Dammit.

:doh: Not sure how I forgot to list the Strikeforce card! Dammit.

I am pissed that I am going to miss that. I will be in Chicago at a concert, so I will have to hope my DVR actually works, stay away from the internet and wait until Monday to see it.

I am going to miss the crowning of the inaugural Strikeforce welterweight champion:

2266355609_a09000ec3b.jpg

:D

Jones is a huge prospect. The guy is extremely athletic, very intelligent and mixes it up so well. Who is next? Is Franklin too high?

i would bring him along slowly. he's only 22, let him develop his game against mid-level fighters

he'll be a major star if they let him develop over the next year or two

i would bring him along slowly. he's only 22, let him develop his game against mid-level fighters

he'll be a major star if they let him develop over the next year or two

Wow, only 22, that's ridiculous. Giving him more time to develop would be great, I agree. But I think he's making too much of a statement to float around the middle of the pack for another 3 or 4 fights. He will create too much of a buzz if he smashes another mid-level fighter not to draw a bigger name. Perhaps give him Mark Coleman. Coleman, a relatively bigger name that Jones can beat.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Wow, only 22, that's ridiculous. Giving him more time to develop would be great, I agree. But I think he's making too much of a statement to float around the middle of the pack for another 3 or 4 fights. He will create too much of a buzz if he smashes another mid-level fighter not to draw a bigger name. Perhaps give him Mark Coleman. Coleman, a relatively bigger name that Jones can beat.

Coleman would be good matchup. as would somebody like Cantwell, Sosynzki, or the loser of Vera/Hamill

Jon Jones UFC 100 post fight interview

pretty humble dude, he knows he can still get alot better

Coleman would be good matchup. as would somebody like Cantwell, Sosynzki, or the loser of Vera/Hamill

Jon Jones UFC 100 post fight interview

pretty humble dude, he knows he can still get alot better

All good fights for him. Kid almost reminds me of Rich Franklin or Denis Kang with how well-spoken he is. Hard to root against fighters with that level of modesty.

exactly how i feel

i picked belcher to win, even lost a small amount of cash on a bet at the fight party i was at, but i still scored the fight as i watched it for akiyama

I must have watched a different fight. Except for the second round Belcher controlled the fight and did twice the damage as Akiyama. Not to mention the fact he inflicted no damage once he got Belcher on the ground. I admit the fight was close but no way did Akiyama win that fight.

Maybe I was wearing rose colored glasses because my wife is friends with his wife and I really wanted him to win but I rewatched and still think Belcher dominated the fight in striking, leg kicks and kicks in general. Akiyama needed to do way more damage than he did once he took Belcher down but just didn't pull it off.

I must have watched a different fight. Except for the second round Belcher controlled the fight and did twice the damage as Akiyama. Not to mention the fact he inflicted no damage once he got Belcher on the ground. I admit the fight was close but no way did Akiyama win that fight.

Maybe I was wearing rose colored glasses because my wife is friends with his wife and I really wanted him to win but I rewatched and still think Belcher dominated the fight in striking, leg kicks and kicks in general. Akiyama needed to do way more damage than he did once he took Belcher down but just didn't pull it off.

reasonable minds can disagree on the outcome of a fight, doesn't equate to belcher being robbed though

I like Bisping...though he'll be down to a welterweight if he's drinking thru a straw for 6 weeks...I can't imagine his jaw not being broken after that strike when he was knocked out. I don't dislike Hendo at all but that was bad form but since the ref didn't cover him and the smack talk I understand the extra punch...no need to say that in the ring after the fight though about shutting him up....Bisping will wear a belt someday.