Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

UFC might not like the monster they've helped to create in McGregor

he's the one fighter who knows his worth in regards to his drawing ability and doesn't seem afraid to ask for it

this is part of MMA I hate

seeing my favorites fall

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Definitely will be.

Should just put Rousey v. Holm 2 on the same night.

I don't know. After Aldo pulled out of the first fight I don't think Dana White is as fond of him as he is of Ronda. I wouldn't be surprised if White makes Aldo wait and gives the next shot to Edgar. Aldo is not the draw that Ronda is. Conor is the draw.

Edited by autoidiodyssey

UFC might not like the monster they've helped to create in McGregor

he's the one fighter who knows his worth in regards to his drawing ability and doesn't seem afraid to ask for it

this is part of MMA I hate

seeing my favorites fall

They're trying to grow the sport. Its not the UFC I grew up loving but what am I supposed to do as an fan? I can't stand watching disrespectful douche bags line Conor and Ronda hold titles. It was bliss when Holm destroyed Ronda and was incredibly humble about it. I do feel Conor is going to get destroyed at some point. Money showed the blueprint to defeating Conor and for some reason Aldo deviated from that...oh well.

They're trying to grow the sport. Its not the UFC I grew up loving but what am I supposed to do as an fan? I can't stand watching disrespectful douche bags line Conor and Ronda hold titles. It was bliss when Holm destroyed Ronda and was incredibly humble about it. I do feel Conor is going to get destroyed at some point. Money showed the blueprint to defeating Conor and for some reason Aldo deviated from that...oh well.

I don't really think Aldo had time to deviate from anything. I highly doubt he was going to come out and spam takedowns, thats never been his game. He probably wanted to test things out on the feet and get a feel for the distance. I imagine he never expected to be down from the very first shot that landed.

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't really think Aldo had time to deviate from anything. I highly doubt he was going to come out and spam takedowns, thats never been his game. He probably wanted to test things out on the feet and get a feel for the distance. I imagine he never expected to be down from the very first shot that landed.

Doing what he did was stupid. He fought out of character and let Conor's trash talk get to him.

And for the record, Joe Rogan, whom I really like, was an absolute dick tonight. His questions to Aldo and Weidman were ridiculously disrespectful.

• Like 1

I can't stand watching disrespectful douche bags line Conor and Ronda hold titles.

If you get a chance you should try to catch the interview Conor just did with the FS1 crew. He was the polar opposite of a "disrespectful douche bag". Unlike Ronda, Conor is capable of being charming and engaging. Most of his talk is an act to sell the fight. When he eventually does lose he will give an interview after the fight and show up to the post fight presser. You won't see film of him covering his face with a pillow at the airport.

Edited by autoidiodyssey

Doing what he did was stupid. He fought out of character and let Conor's trash talk get to him.

And for the record, Joe Rogan, whom I really like, was an absolute dick tonight. His questions to Aldo and Weidman were ridiculously disrespectful.

I just don't see where he had time to "fight out of character". Maybe if the fight played out longer I'd buy into Conor's trash talk getting to him, but I don't see how anyone reaches that conclusion based on 13 seconds. He had a plan and got blasted before he could implement.

and yes Rogas was a supreme asshole for that. He spent time ****ting on Aldo after taking a literal interpretation of post fight words from a guy who doesn't speak english well and was most likely concussed

If you get a chance you should try to catch the interview Conor just did with the FS1 crew. He was the polar opposite of a "disrespectful douche bag". Unlike Ronda, Conor is capable of being charming and engaging. Most of his talk is an act to sell the fight. When he eventually does lose he will give an interview after the fight and show up to the post fight presser. You won't see film of him covering his face with a pillow at the airport.

I think what bothers me most about Conor is the same thing that bothered me about Ronda. People who barely watch the sport calling these two the GOAT. I know it's petty on my part but something about this bugs the hell out of me. It's almost like Fedor, Chuck, Hughes, Spider, Bones etc never existed.

Connor just has next level power. Reminds me of a Vitor/Anderson hybrid. Cept smaller and not Brazilian. That was awesome. Sorry Aldo, but that was just jaw-dropping. At least Ronda was getting beat for a while, this KO happened so surprisingly. I was literally still rubbing my hands together in anticipation for a war, then...

rdh54.0.gif

Weidman got brutalized. Wtf? That Vitor TKO is way back in the rear view mirror of Rockhold, eh?

Dana White on FS1 talking like Conor might move up to 155. He said that Conor's coach said that was the last time he was going to cut to 145. White said if Connor moves to 155 he will get the winner of RDA - Cowboy. Immediate title shot.

Dana White is an joke. Can't stand him.

With that said, Aldo should at least get an rematch. Dana has basically given every long-term champ an immediate rematch and Aldo is perhaps the most dominant champ of the last ten years or so.

Dana White on FS1 talking like Conor might move up to 155. He said that Conor's coach said that was the last time he was going to cut to 145. White said if Connor moves to 155 he will get the winner of RDA - Cowboy. Immediate title shot.

Blegh. Hope Cowboy embarrasses him.

Funny....before the fight, there was many who said that Conor would lose - because of his trash-talking.

But now that he won, they're saying it's only because of his trash talking, he won.

Reminds me of fans' perception of Silva. When he would clown opponents, they said that's what made him great, that he could do that. But when he would lose, they'd say clowning is the only reason he lost.

Logic can be twisted to justify completely opposite conclusions.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Love guys who talk trash in sports. I've always felt your allowed to be arrogant in sports, because all you have to do to shut up an arrogant ass hole is beat them. If you can't beat them, they can talk all the junk they want. Is Connor the GOAT, of course not, but he is a bad ass mother****er and is only going to get better.

Weidman got brutalized. Wtf? That Vitor TKO is way back in the rear view mirror of Rockhold, eh?

Speaking of Vitor, ironic that, pre-fight, Rockhold bashed Weidman for only beating "washed-up Brazilians" such as Vitor, yet now he believes that fighting and beating a (washed up, in his own words) Vitor, would be redemption

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/new-ufc-champ-luke-rockhold-respects-romero-but-wants-vitor-belfort-on-a-silver-platter

I wonder, how much of a factor it was for Rockhold, having Cormier on his team ?

Most surprising was Weidman put up no fight whatsoever, once Rockhold had mount.

He just completely wilted at that point. I hope he was just gassed, and that was his only excuse.

Tim Kennedy revealing some personal details on Twitter, regarding Weidman and Rockhold :

"In a post apocalyptic situation and if I had a uterus I would make a baby with both these guys"

And just for trivia, I wonder when was the last time 2 champions fell, on the same card.

And another random mma thought - Silva will be back in only about a month, I believe. Should be interesting how that affects things at MW

Edited by Malapropismic Depository