Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If only you could have somehow lasted until the Ferguson fight.

You would not have fallen asleep during that :)

I caught up on the card. Never liked Ferguson for some reason. I have nothing against him, I just always find myself hoping he loses. Certain fighters fall in that category and I have no reason why.

seems improbable, but you could make a strong argument for Ferguson getting the next title shot at 155

I caught up on the card. Never liked Ferguson for some reason. I have nothing against him, I just always find myself hoping he loses. Certain fighters fall in that category and I have no reason why.

Wasn't he the one who got really drunk and belligerent on TUF?

Hmm, let me rephrase that, because of how much it's happened...

I think he got super drunk and went off on some dude for not seeing his kid in a long time. It was a really ugly incident, rather than pathetically hilarious like Diego's outburst, or Junie Browning, or the guy who let a dude knock him out, or "Let me bang bro". I remember rooting against Ferguson after that, but he won TUF and has been a really good fighter.

seems improbable, but you could make a strong argument for Ferguson getting the next title shot at 155

Took me a while to become endeared to him, myself. So, I can see why he doesn't attract more fans - though I'm not sure if it's the same as your reason : There's nothing about him that really stands out.....IMO, he doesn't have the "look" of a fighter. There's nothing about him that comes across as intimidating. There's nothing about the way he talks, or carries himself, or even moves in the octagon, that comes across as prominent or notorious ; at least not in the "stereotypical" way of MMA fighters.

But there's no denying his skills, his grit, and the fact that he knows how to pull out a win, out of just about any scenario.

Man, I was thinking McGregor wins this for the longest time...now I think Jose catches him with too many hard shots. I can definitely see Connor picking him apart, landing that awesome left, a few body/head kicks. Anticipating a brutal, back and forth fight, until someone catches something too hard and wilts. Think it'll be a knee from Aldo.

Aldo via TKO RD 2

Weidman via KO RD 2

Jacare via Decision

Maia via Decision

Holloway via Decision

All I can think about is the fight. McGregor's left straight, high kicks and head movement may be too much for Jose.

I think Jose will be looking for some takedowns. Could open up the striking a little more for him. I just don't think Jose's standup is as awesome as Connor's. Hard to say that, but I think it's true.

Think the old leg kick strategy will be too risky with Connor's straight left. Thing is amazing, really.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

How is it possible that Romero is 38?  I need to hear him complain about his back hurting to believe that. 

only bad thing about this Jacare/Romero fight is that it won't be 5 rounds 

You really think it has a chance of lasting that long?  I've been looking forward to this fight specifically because I don't think it will last three. 

How is it possible that Romero is 38?  I need to hear him complain about his back hurting to believe that. 

You really think it has a chance of lasting that long?  I've been looking forward to this fight specifically because I don't think it will last three. 

its possible. Romero has become much better about pacing himself on the feet. I can see him using his wrestling in reverse or only using it to steal a round late en route to a decision

No idea who won round 2, not much happened in that round at all, but I'm going to assume Jacare. 

Not the fight I was hoping for, Jacare did a bit of holding Romero down at the end there, but I'll take it.  I like both of those fighters. 

I was thinking, how is it possible that he's 185.

He looks like a different weight class from practially every middleweight.

Must have hollow bones like a bird.