Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That is quite the sneaky trick !

The real trick is doing it late enough in the fight card so they don't switch hockey to the main screen.

seriously, I went to a bar that did that once, only had like 10 people watching the fight, then 2 men's league hockey teams come in,25 or so & they wanted to watch hockey. I think it was Bones Chael, or Bones Vitor Belfort.

But after getting your butt kicked for punching the bartender for changing to hockey, I get stitched up for free thanks to universal healthcare! (dental not included)

Edited by artmonkforHOF
  • Like 1

When I hear "Joe Soto"...I think of Joe Son. Now THAT would get me to peep at this card. Dillashaw vs. Son. Little ass TJ would wreck his ****...then make Joe Son fight Overeem afterwards. Ok, a touch Just Bleedy.

This is one of the biggest facepalm moments the UFC has had.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Nice quotes in response to the UFC 177 drama....

I'm on a good run, might as well drop down to 135lbs hahahaha! @TJDillashaw are u ready!

— Alistair Overeem (@Alistairovereem)

@danawhite @lorenzofertitta well if you guys are just giving out free title shots to anyone I'll take one

— Ben Askren (@Benaskren)

Making weight isnt a 'week of' thing. It's a lifestyle. You're a *** **** professional. Act like it. #EveryoneWhoMissesWeight

— Charlie Brenneman (@SpaniardMMA)

@mmasarah ...there must be a way to blame Greg Jackson for this...

— Julie Kedzie (@julesk_fighter)

Dana White is like the Oprah of title shots. Look under your chair....It's a title shot !!!

-- random internet guy

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

Dude, Barao went from being promoted as the best fighter in the world, to the **** list, in a span of 3 months.

I had a feeling this would happen to Aldo or Barao one day. They both cut a damn good amount of weight. I can't remember what fight it was for, but one of the build up shows chronicled how hard it was for Aldo to get to 145 for one of his fights. At one point on the video, he essentially said something like "**** the title, I can't cut anymore", he eventually made the weight anyway. Barao mentioned in the past that he & Aldo walk around the same weight. Aldo to 155 & Barao to 145 would solve alot of issues.

Barao looks like he's auditioning for The Machinist 2, imagine how he had to look before passing out:

20140131_jcd_aa9_055.0_standard_709.0.jp

Guys should start fighting in divisions closer to their natural weight instead of trying to do these massive cuts and then put a bunch of weight back on to have a perceived strength advantage over opponents who are more natural at the weight.

I don't see this hurting the attendance given that TJ Dillishaw is a local guy so the crowd should still be hyped up for him.

I live a block from the Arena, I wonder if they are reducing prices on tickets? If so maybe I will try to pick up a pair on the cheap.

Guys should start fighting in divisions closer to their natural weight instead of trying to do these massive cuts and then put a bunch of weight back on to have a perceived strength advantage over opponents who are more natural at the weight.

I don't see this hurting the attendance given that TJ Dillishaw is a local guy so the crowd should still be hyped up for him.

I live a block from the Arena, I wonder if they are reducing prices on tickets? If so maybe I will try to pick up a pair on the cheap.

I would imagine that if there are tickets left, they have to be offering them at a discount now. Even though the card is weak it would be cool to go live at a cheap price. 

I would imagine that if there are tickets left, they have to be offering them at a discount now. Even though the card is weak it would be cool to go live at a cheap price.

Cheapest on ticketmaster is 63. Not bad I guess, literally a 15 minute drive but still not worth it.

Platinum tickets for 45, but I have no idea what those are.

Cheapest on ticketmaster is 63. Not bad I guess, literally a 15 minute drive but still not worth it.

Platinum tickets for 45, but I have no idea what those are.

Not terrible, if I were close by I'd probably go, but it's hard to pay anything for a card like that when there's a stacked card on FS1 for free next weekend. 

You know what would be hilarious...if Soto wins. They haven't been preparing for each other, probably both did a fight video crash course yesterday. Dillashaw is the newest champion, he's not a seemingly invincible dude. Joe "Rocky Balboa" Soto.

I'm surprised Dillashaw agreed to defend the title. I figured if Barao pulled out and a last-minute replacement came in he would have the option to put the title on the line or not. 

You know what would be hilarious...if Soto wins. They haven't been preparing for each other, probably both did a fight video crash course yesterday. Dillashaw is the newest champion, he's not a seemingly invincible dude. Joe "Rocky Balboa" Soto.

As TJ proved against Barao, anything can happen. I'm at the beach and wasn't going to watch this event anyway.

As TJ proved against Barao, anything can happen. I'm at the beach and wasn't going to watch this event anyway.

Rick Story accepted an extremely late replacement bout when he fought unheralded Charlie Brennamen on 1 or 2 day notice. Brennamen pulled the upset and Story really hasn't been right since.

• Like 1

Soto has fought in Tachi Palace Fights his past 4 fights. He has finished his last 5 opponents, nobody of note. He was the Bellator champ, and lost it via KO to Joe Warren in 2010. Soto is 15-2, this is his UFC debut.

They said on the prefight show that Dillashaw and Soto have trained together extensively. I think that makes up a little bit for lack of preparation. It's not the same as sharpening up your tools to counter strengths and execute a specific gameplan, but this isn't a shot in the dark at least.

A couple of 'firsts' at the end of the prelims. Joe Rogan was replaced near the end of the Brunson/Larken fight by Kenny Florian. Joe went backstage to interview Renan Barao. So random.

Also the first time the FS1 prelims weren't ended with a Dana White/Joe Rogan hype interview. Guess we've found Dana's point where he just can't stand there and pretend to hype a card. Instead, Rogan interviews Barao, it lasts a good amount of time, and everything has to be translated. At the end, Rogan says it's embarassing for the UFC, but that part isn't translated to Barao. It was a hard dig in to Barao, and I can only wonder if Rogan would say that to some English speaking fighter sitting next to him.

It was the truth though. UFC mad bro.