Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The craziest thing about that fight comes from Machida, actually. Going in to the 4th, everyone and their grandmothers thought Weidman was going to finish him. But Machida turned it on and won the round. Weidman was gassed like crazy, but Machida showed some major heart, and kind of snapped, to be honest. Good for him, Machida is great. Weidman still has a gauntlet to go through, and could see Machida again on the other end of it.

Rousey vs. Davis was embarassing. Get Cyborg in there ASAP. Let her take whatever she wants, she'll still lose. At 135, and being on the shelf for so long (minus the kickboxing match with Baars), I think Ronda will toss her down and have her way. Cyborg's only chance is to Wandy her, I don't see it happening. I sense Dana making it rain for Gina next. Boy oh boy. Women's bantamweight is truly a wasteland.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

That was a great main event. I hope Dana has some extra money for Machida/Weidman and for Urijiah Hall for helping keep this card together. 

Although Hall was game and landed some sweet shots, I thought he lost that fight. Santos' kicks were the difference IMO.

Although Hall was game and landed some sweet shots, I thought he lost that fight. Santos' kicks were the difference IMO.

Rogan & Goldie really got on my nerves that fight. They didn't acknowledge anything Santos did. It was all "look at how Uriah moves on a broken toe"

I am rooting heavily for Penn tonight. Love the guy. If he gets a finish I may look like Anderson after Nog knocked out Schaub :ols:. Definitely will bring the chills. Penn at 145 for the first time, but will it rejuvenate him? It will have to. Frankie is a beast, a notch under championship level. Think he takes another decision, will just be too quick, same story as the past two fights.

C'mon BJ and land that Sherk knee.

I had scored it for Hall but could see an argument for Santos too. I was more referring to the fact that he and his corner didn't allow the fight to be stopped by the doctors after round 1....imagine losing the Struve/Mitrione fight, having the Hall/Santos fight stopped after the first by doctors, and the Rousey fight only lasting 16 seconds....and this is after the card lost the Wand/Sonnen fight to begin with. 

I find myself saying that about so many UFC fighters nowadays.

Your not alone, with around 45 cards thus year, say 12 fights per card, that's over 1100 fighters a year, if they fight twice per year on average that's 550 fighters. Across what will be 10 divisions, that's 55 fighters per division. No wonder they expanded the rankings to top 15.

Missed Rousey, trying to find a clip, heck a gif should do it. Had no idea Struve was cancelled, so I got to my boys place, he didn't notice the fight was missing & Machida Weidman got pushed up. I said we got plenty of time, won't start until 12:15 at the earliest & sat outside smoking & drinking on a nice night. Get back at 12:12, middle of the 3rd round.

Machida looked good in the 4th, but I guess that was it. Good on Weidman, let's see him smoke Vitor next, them someone his own age.

Vitor's cheating ass can go to the back of the line. I would rather see Rockhold, Kennedy, Jacare, or Mousasi get the next title shots.

Let Vitor fight clean a couple of times to see if he really deserves the shot.

I give Rockhold the best shot at dethroning Weidman.

Weidman earned the belt, finally, in my eyes. No fluke KO, no busted leg, straight 5 rounds to earn it. Man, we were going crazy yelling and screaming thinking Machida was going to knock him out in the 5th during that flurry. Weidman is tough. It's going to take someone with punching power to take that guy out, hes a beast.

Rhonda is not going to lose anytime soon. I was concerned going into the fight, as Davis looked game and poised to give her a rough time. ....16 seconds later, I got up pissed because it was a scham. Good for Ronda, and I'm a HUGE fan, but cmon find this girl some competition.

Great fight card.

That was a great main event. I hope Dana has some extra money for Machida/Weidman and for Urijiah Hall for helping keep this card together. 

and the other Urijah didn't look to shabby either.....he was certainly a bright spot on this card, and made his case that he certainly doesn't belong on the prelims any more

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I don't think it's a sham, but outside of Cyborg...these are literally the next best women available.  That is why you also see Dana looking into bringing in champs/former champs of other combat sports to see if it will make for better challenges.

If Ronda was in fact not in MMA, some of these women would be putting on entertaining fights against each other, think Meisha vs. Kauffman, Meisha vs. Zingano, etc etc....

The best way I can describe it is Ronda is the woman's version of Gracie in a sense in that she has been doing this since birth. At least Judo-wise.  A lot of female fights in the current generation picked it up in their 20's because maybe they dated a guy who did it, or they saw it in their gym and took a liking to it.  No matter how well they picked it up, A 3 month training camp is not going to sufficient in stopping an Olympics caliber skill set.

If you are looking at Women's MMA in the long term, the hope is young girls see Ronda and other fighters as inspiration to get into the sport and become lifer's themselves the same way that it happened with guys after they were inspired seeing Royce Gracie choke out guys of all shapes and sizes.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

and the other Urijah didn't look to shabby either.....he was certainly a bright spot on this card, and made his case that he certainly doesn't belong on the prelims any more

Butt-Chin is in a weird spot. He's lost all title fights in the UFC, now his stablemate is the champ at 135. Another stablemate is next in line at 145. He's still good enough to beat just about everybody else at 135, but you don't want a guy who won't be fighting for the title knocking off contenders.

I was actually more impressed with Bruce Leroy last night. I never thought he would amount to much, but he gave Faber a much better fight than I imagined. I expected him to be steamrolled.

How did one judge score the Weidman fight 49-45 ?

Did they score either the 4th or 5th round as an even 9-9 for both fighters ?

One judge gave Weidman a 10-8 for the 3rd round

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Butt-Chin is in a weird spot. He's lost all title fights in the UFC, now his stablemate is the champ at 135. Another stablemate is next in line at 145. He's still good enough to beat just about everybody else at 135, but you don't want a guy who won't be fighting for the title knocking off contenders.

Uriah "KenFlo" Faber

What the hell was Yves thinking? Gordon was just pounding on an obviously done Lhima and he just let's it go on.

He also get away with a pretty blatant, and damaging, blow to the back of the head. Not that it would have changed anything because Gordon went at Lhima like he stole something.