Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I say give Lombard the shot if he looks good against Boetsch, and have Weidman fight Bisping or Belcher in a #1 contenders bout.

Weidman is young, he's going to be around for a long time, it will do him well to face a more seasoned striker before challenging Anderson.

Completely agree with your thoughts on Lombard & Weidman, only thing I would change is replace Bisping with Boetsch as possible opponents for Chris, and let Bisping fight whoever Wiedman doesnt fight when he gets back from injury & if Bisping wins then he is in the next contender fight. Tim is not as good of striker as the count, I just dont like the idea of giving Bisping 2 contender fights in a row, especially since he lost the last one and is coming off an injury.

They can probably sell Lombard vs Silva more than Weidman vs Silva, and they'd have better luck selling Weidman if/after he's beaten a top contender like Bisping. Poor Alan Belcher... I don't think Weidman can beat Belcher as much as he can beat Bisping.

They can probably sell Lombard vs Silva more than Weidman vs Silva, and they'd have better luck selling Weidman if/after he's beaten a top contender like Bisping. Poor Alan Belcher... I don't think Weidman can beat Belcher as much as he can beat Bisping.

I think Weidman beats both, but he'd have more trouble with Belcher.

I feel like Woodley could be so much better. Marquardt hit Woodley real clean on the chin to ko him

It seemed like every few times Woodley decided to go after Marquardt he connected. I thought he could have finished Nate if a fire were to become lit in his head. Instead he stayed outside most of the fight, constantly eating that right hand Marquardt loves to throw all the time where he slides in fast and throws it straight down the pike. The Maia KO punch, it just kept landing. You're right I think, although this was quite a step up in competition, it's easy to forget Nate is actually very damn good.

He looked enormous tonight. To the point where it made Woodley look like he could drop down to 155

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

^---That's a badass Hector Lombard highlight.

I just saw the Rockhold/Kennedy card last night. Marquardt and Woodley definitely stole the show...what an awesome fight. And next time he fights, Tyrone Woodley needs to leave his mom at home. Goddamn she was annoying.

btw, who had the better elbow:

Weidman:

weidman-elbows-munoz1.gif

or

Marquardt:

t-wood-KO.gif

Weidman timed that elbow perfectly as Munoz tried to take his head off.

I just realized Nate threw two elbows back to back there. Thought that second one was the only one, dang. Extremely slick, would love to see more of these standing elbows in MMA. What a vastly underrated element.

To answer your question I'd pick the Weidman 'bow. It was just pretty, like a Ken Griffey Jr homerun swing or (ahem) Robert Griffin III longball. :)

Extremely slick, would love to see more of these standing elbows in MMA. What a vastly underrated element

We can thank Jon Jones for making standing elbows popular :D

I think I agree that the Weidman elbow was a little nastier, although that Marquardt uppercut kind of made his elbow seem not as vicious as it really was.

Passing on tonight's card to go to the Nats game.

my picks:

Faber survives a couple of scary moments in early rounds and finishes Barao late. Love Barao, hope he wins, but he tends to lose some steam as the fight progresses. Wouldn't shock me at all if Barao managed to end his night early.

Lombard handles Boetsch somewhat easy.

Passing on tonight's card to go to the Nats game.

my picks:

Faber survives a couple of scary moments in early rounds and finishes Barao late. Love Barao, hope he wins, but he tends to lose some steam as the fight progresses. Wouldn't shock me at all if Barao managed to end his night early.

Lombard handles Boetsch somewhat easy.

Pretty much this...I'll even be at the Nats game too...I hope to god it's not a repeat of last night's game. I felt like I was watching the Skins piss a game away.

Pretty much this...I'll even be at the Nats game too...I hope to god it's not a repeat of last night's game. I felt like I was watching the Skins piss a game away.

If it is a repeat of last nights game, I got an anaconda choke for any Braves fan I see doing the chop.

UFC 149 is really a must-buy, just look at how #98 and SU are enthralled to the point that they can't even watch it.

I'm going to go ahead and pick Tim Boetsch tonight. The more I think about it, the more I want to pick Lombard, but Boetsch has a stark winning intangible for a guy without much excellence in any facet. He's got good wrestling and surprisingly awesome throws, and I know Hector is a Judo guy, but I think Boetsch can get Lombard thinking enough to sneak in a Barbarian Blast to the chin. Boetsch has a switch in his mind that tells him to just screw it and ruin the guy in front of him, he'll sneak in an uppercut to the tip of the chin as he has a tight overhook against the fence. Lombard will be thinking throw, Boetsch will be thinking no. Rd 3.

UFC 149 is really a must-buy, just look at how #98 and SU are enthralled to the point that they can't even watch it.

Tonight's event is definitely not worth paying that kinda money for. I would only watch it if some random internet poster on some random Washington Redskin fan site were to drop a link.

:paranoid:

---------- Post added July-21st-2012 at 08:20 PM ----------

Gagnon vs. Carraway is a real good fight so far.

---------- Post added July-21st-2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

Some great finishes tonight in the prelims.

Anyone have any link for the fights tonight? I am stuck at home with sick kids. Usually I am at Green turtle having a blast watching the fights and having a few beers. My favorite moment ever was during the Silva fight. Some stupid pardon the expression Red Neck started yelling USA USA **** Anderson Silva and Brazil. Then 5 min later Sonnen gets rocked and this guy just walks away with nothing to say:)