Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

#belcher4champ is trending big time! I honestly don't see how anyone would pay to see Bisping get his ass kicked. I know he's put together some wins but he got ktfo! #belcher4champ

This is why someone should throw Dana's smartphone away. Belcher is not a bad fighter, a pretty good one, but the only 2 guys who should even be considered to fight for the belt next are Wiedman & Lombard, if they both win their next fights. next 3 in line are Munoz, Boetsch, Bisping & Belcher. Have those four fight each other and the winners go on to a title eliminator fight.

It pisses me off that Dana is such a marketing dork that he uses things that trend on twitter to decide who fights next. What ever happened to trusting Joe Silva's matchmaking abilities? Instead, some moron (usually a "MMA" writer/blogger, since no one actaully reads another non-celbrity/reporters tweets), tweets something and before someone else can even weigh the pluses & minuses about the idea in their head, the second idiot retweets it and that starts a trend. I have seen people who tried to start something trending, and only have a few poeple retweet it and then the original person retweets their own retweet to boost the numbers, and it's these types of people Dana is letting decide who gets a shot at a title? This is quickly become a sad joke, I think the only way it will stop is if a bad fighter who has a huge fan following gets destroyed in a big fight the twitterverse was calling for, casue you know Dana will blame it on the twitterverse once it goes wrong.

Too bad Reem didn''t blast Ariel at the end, you guys see his pre fight interview with Cung Le? Ariel mocked him for his view on "Sensei Seagal". Question is at 4:34...

Is there a back story to that? Ariel got all sorts of defensive.

He was also obviously afraid of Reem punching him. Can't blame him but it was funny watching him squirm and drop in those little legal warnings ("that assault") while pretending he was joking.

Edited by Destino

This is why someone should throw Dana's smartphone away. Belcher is not a bad fighter, a pretty good one, but the only 2 guys who should even be considered to fight for the belt next are Wiedman & Lombard, if they both win their next fights. next 3 in line are Munoz, Boetsch, Bisping & Belcher. Have those four fight each other and the winners go on to a title eliminator fight.

It pisses me off that Dana is such a marketing dork that he uses things that trend on twitter to decide who fights next. What ever happened to trusting Joe Silva's matchmaking abilities? Instead, some moron (usually a "MMA" writer/blogger, since no one actaully reads another non-celbrity/reporters tweets), tweets something and before someone else can even weigh the pluses & minuses about the idea in their head, the second idiot retweets it and that starts a trend. I have seen people who tried to start something trending, and only have a few poeple retweet it and then the original person retweets their own retweet to boost the numbers, and it's these types of people Dana is letting decide who gets a shot at a title? This is quickly become a sad joke, I think the only way it will stop is if a bad fighter who has a huge fan following gets destroyed in a big fight the twitterverse was calling for, casue you know Dana will blame it on the twitterverse once it goes wrong.

My support of Belcher has nothing to do with twitter or anything else, my wife actually a friend of his wife so I started following him a long time ago. He's been as solid as anyone in the 185lb division and his only significant loss to Okami was questionable at best. He rolled with Palhares and ended up TKO'ing him. None of this has anything to do with twitter and OBTW, Bisping got one of the worst knockouts in UFC history! Belcher has been paying his dues for a while now, why let Boetsch, Bisping, Wiedman or Lombard jump to the front of the line?

I completely forgot there was another card tonight.

Not really interested in any of the fights besides the main event. I got Weidman beating Munoz.

Should be a good fight. There are a few other fighters that I like on this card, but not many compelling fights other than the main event. I am going to go with Munoz.

I'll go ahead and pick Weidman. Munoz still has to make me a believer after being on the receiving end of one of the hardest headkick KOs in UFC history. Who comes back from something like that? Maybe Munoz will be the first (that I can think of).

A winning streak in the UFC has got to be respected, he wins tonight that's 5 in a row. Belcher has 4 in a row, and unfortunately, pretty much however you cut it, you can't give Bisping a title shot coming off a loss.

I think it will be based on the quality of Munoz' performance tonight. If he puts something on the highlight reel, it will be easier to sell the fight. The way Alan Belcher defeated Paul Harris was ****ing amazing. That performance, along with having a VERY similar set of styles, makes a fight with Anderson easy to sell. To me, Munoz has to go blast the crap out of Weidman tonight, so dude is like out on his feet and topples like Terry Etim, for me to want to see him fight Anderson.

Some real fun grappling sessions to watch so far tonight (3 fights in to the main card).

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

that ref was ridiculous, Munoz took several unnecessary shots at the end of that fight

Weidman is heir to Anderson's throne at MW

Damn shame this fight was stuck on Fuel, visibility is Weidman's only issue. Not many know him, not sure Anderson/Weidman sells as much as other matchups they could make.

Edited by StillUnknown

Man, that was impressive by Weidman. And as you all mentioned...horribly late stoppage. What a nasty, quick elbow.

I don't know if he is ready for a title shot, but at worst he just put himself in the discussion. I am guessing everything is on hold until we see what Lombard does next weekend. Then things will shake out pretty quickly.

My support of Belcher has nothing to do with twitter or anything else, my wife actually a friend of his wife so I started following him a long time ago. He's been as solid as anyone in the 185lb division and his only significant loss to Okami was questionable at best. He rolled with Palhares and ended up TKO'ing him. None of this has anything to do with twitter and OBTW, Bisping got one of the worst knockouts in UFC history! Belcher has been paying his dues for a while now, why let Boetsch, Bisping, Wiedman or Lombard jump to the front of the line?

Nothing against Belcher, i think he is a great fighter, but why I put Wiedman and Lombard ahead of him is because Wiedman is undefeated and Lombard is a champion from other organizations with only 2 loses in closee to 40 fights. Even though Belcher's loss was a close one, it's still a loss, go ask Martin Kampmann if you keep your contender spot after a questionable decision lost, it's happened to him twice. Not saying Belcher is not deserving, he is, but based on how the UFC picks contenders, he is at best 3rd in the current pecking order. Belcher has 4 wins since his last loss, and guys like Bisping had 4 wins after their last loss and still needed to fight Chael to see who gets a shot at the belt. And I didn't place Bisping or Boetsch ahead of Belcher, I grouped them all together as the group of next best after what I think are the top 2 current contenders. If Lombard loses to Boetsch I don't even put Tim in the top two with Wiedman, unless he destroys Hector, but even then I still think you need to have a few of those second tier guys fight it out to see who is the best between them.

Edited by artmonkforHOF

In my opinion the shot should be given to the fighter with the best recent performance of the 3 big title contender fights.

Alan Belcher vs. Paul Harris: Belcher survived 85% of MMA fans' biggest fear, having their feet eaten by the Brazilian Gorilla, for what seemed like forever. He handled such extreme pressure, displayed amazing jiu jitsu skills, and proceeded to smash Rousimar's face with relative ease.

Weidman vs. Munoz: Munoz has had the worst time transitioning his wrestling skills to MMA. Weidman looked like GSP out there, staying one step ahead constantly. Standing elbows that drop your opponent is all sorts of win. The finish was hellacious, maybe we should give Rosenthal the shot, dude wants to kill someone in the octagon. I think Weidman is still a tad green, would like to see Belcher over him.

Lombard vs. Boetsch: Wouldn't be surprised if Boetsch causes a 300 car train accident, but what if Lombard comes out and goes Taz all over The Barbarian? Say KTFO in 30 seconds. I think it depends on how much footage they can show of Lombard. They can show the CFC stuff, but I'm not sure about his Bellator highlights. That's just talking business though; if Lombard beats Boetsch and gets the shot, I'm not complainin'.

Here's a question, has a wrestler with a pedigree like Mark Munoz' ever had it translate so badly to MMA? Hendo isn't exactly a world beater in that department after being an Olympian, but Munoz doesn't seem like a wrestler at all in there.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I want Weidman to have one more fight before challenging Anderson. He's looked good in most of his fights, but he still hasn't fought a good striker. I don't like him going from not fighting a good striker to fighting the very best MMA has ever seen.

I say give Lombard the shot if he looks good against Boetsch, and have Weidman fight Bisping or Belcher in a #1 contenders bout.

Weidman is young, he's going to be around for a long time, it will do him well to face a more seasoned striker before challenging Anderson.

Edited by StillUnknown