Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Anyone have any link for the fights tonight? I am stuck at home with sick kids. Usually I am at Green turtle having a blast watching the fights and having a few beers. My favorite moment ever was during the Silva fight. Some stupid pardon the expression Red Neck started yelling USA USA **** Anderson Silva and Brazil. Then 5 min later Sonnen gets rocked and this guy just walks away with nothing to say:)

It's crazy for me to say, but I think I've forgiven Anderson for that money I spent watching him fight Leites, Cote and Maia. He's just been must see TV lately. Sonnen did an absolutely legendary job promoting the fight. I think he got so many Brazilians to hate him that he actually helped Anderson gain a significantly larger fan base. Hard to believe that rivalry is over, it was a special time. Nevertheless, Middleweight is now heavy with fresh new title contenders, great stuff. That division has never looked better.

Here's a link: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/131655/1/watch-ufc-149-:-faber-vs-barao.html

---------- Post added July-21st-2012 at 10:31 PM ----------

Matt Riddle almost surely wrapped up sub of the night there.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

This is the worst card I have ever seen in my life. What in the world is going on tonight in the main event? Nobody wants to fight if I was Dana White I would be furious!!! 2 straight fights and the crowd booed for most of both fights. I have no problem watching 5 min on the ground or against the cage, but if neither guy is trying to advance or go for a sub stand them up or break them apart. Please let Faber and Barao save this main card from total boredom!!!

I give Barao the 1st, his defense is better than I expected early.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2012 at 12:35 AM ----------

I have it 30-27 for Barao, he's simply the better striker through 3 rounds. Urijah's legs are shot, so his takedowns have nothing on them.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2012 at 12:41 AM ----------

Barao is not as dominant as Aldo was, but just as effective against Faber.

Edited by StillUnknown

Faber should just retire.

MMA has changed since the days he was the champ. Everyone is too calculated and aware now. Faber is in a reach disadvantage against almost everyone, and they all know how to exploit it like crazy.

Every Faber title fight seems to go the same way now, he gets a few good hard shots in but never follows it up with anything, and then his opponents is able to land punches from their range at will.

It's sad because MMA hadn't blown up yet during his prime and he had a hell of a run and as usual everyone who wasn't watching until 2-4 years ago will break out the 'overrated" and "exposed" BS about him. The sport has just evolved.

Edited by NoCalMike

That was without a doubt the worst main card I have ever watched. Barao easily won using the Aldo game plan but not quite as good as Aldo. But what is it with guys just trying to out point people now? At no point did anyone on the main card look like they were trying to finish a fight. That is not good for the UFC and MMA in my opinion, if you are that good as Barao clearly is why not try and finish the fight. Nobody took any chances tonight and none of the fighters fought with any urgency. That is one thing I miss about the really old school fights. One of my all time favorite fights was Graice vs Sakuraba in 2000.

That was without a doubt the worst main card I have ever watched. Barao easily won using the Aldo game plan but not quite as good as Aldo. But what is it with guys just trying to out point people now? At no point did anyone on the main card look like they were trying to finish a fight. That is not good for the UFC and MMA in my opinion, if you are that good as Barao clearly is why not try and finish the fight. Nobody took any chances tonight and none of the fighters fought with any urgency. That is one thing I miss about the really old school fights. One of my all time favorite fights was Graice vs Sakuraba in 2000.

i kinda lost interest in mma over the last few years, but last night, i decided to watch the whole card. i guess i picked the wrong one.

I think there are simply too many events these days. Fighters have a trouble staying healthy and we end up with cards like this. I'm happy with the way the sport has grown but we may be seeing the side effects of such rapid success.

I think there are simply too many events these days. Fighters have a trouble staying healthy and we end up with cards like this. I'm happy with the way the sport has grown but we may be seeing the side effects of such rapid success.

I agree completely.

The market is flooded with MMA right now, the cards don't have the same anticipation as years past.

This is definitely a sudden dip for the UFC and MMA as far as popularity is concerned.

Moving their regular programing from Spike to FuelTV has been a gigantic factor. So much less exposure. I also think it was great for the sport to have the WEC on Versus all the dang time. Same with Strikeforce and EliteXC on the networks. Yes, Kimbo drew in a lot of fans, believe it or not. Although I don't think many people would be willing to admit it :ols:

I literally don't see anything but Bellator when flipping through channels anymore. Those cheesy ass Fox commercials aren't enough to get me by. And even when I do get FuelTV, how many other people have it? Is it going to be channel 480? MMA is just not on the first 100 channels like it used to be.