Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'd love to see Cheal Sonnen catch the same beating GSP put on BJ Penn. Just hold him down and pound on his face forcing his corner to throw in the towel. Penn fans and GSP haters can pretend that kind of fighting down no damage but something tells me getting punched in the face for 20 minutes while laying there helpless would suck a whole lot more than simply being KO'd quickly.

That however is not the Spider style. If he's learned some take down defense and is nearly as motivated as he seems to me then I'd think this fight ends in a first round KO. Dragging Silva to the ground is the only chance Sonnen has to stay away in this fight and having already done that I have to think that Silva will not be as easy to take down in the rematch.

It was pretty well established Anderson wanted the submission in the first fight for all the **** Sonnen talked about the Nogs. He won't have those self-restrictions this time around.

Outside of the main event, 148 is a pretty bad card overall. There really isn't another fight on the card that has any resemblance of future title implications.

Well Chad mendes is fighting, and the Menjivar Easton fight on the undercard looks pretty intriguing, but you do have a point. But consider your 2 other recent posts, who f*cking cares when you have a pissed off, free to strike Anderson Silva who is trying to prove a point vs Chael Sonnen in the rematch? I would pay $100 to see silva Sonnen 2 alone, even without an undercard. The UFC should take all the crap main events off surrounding fights & stick them on this card, no one will care if the rematch even comes close to matching the first fight in terms of excitement.

BTW, we need someone who speaks Portuguese to listen to the 148 conference call and tell us what Anderson silva really said, not the watered down, PR friendly Ed Soares version. Doubt it is all his fault, Andy said a lot, very quickly & emotionally, probably hard to keep up. Makes me want to hear what he really said even more now. Reports are that the Brazilian media are saying Soares barely scratched the surface of what Andy said.

Speaking of BJJ, this has been circulating on all of the grappling forums...some purple belt kid was out on U St. in DC and used his BJJ to subdue a guy who was hitting on a girl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBHK-2ZHbag&feature=player_embedded

Apparently the kid stepped between the guy who was hitting the girl and the guy sucker punched him so he shot a double on the guy and mounted him and that's where the video starts. The kid gave him too many chances IMO. The guy was drunk and wasn't going to listen to this kid telling him to calm down, he probably should've just choked him out and got the hell out of there. It did sound like all of the guys standing around had his back though.

Also lol @ the guy who's like "Put yo nuts in his mouf!!!!"

The nerdy kid gives an explanation of it all at the end, it looks like he came back to one of the dude's houses and they were getting high lol

Edited by #98QBKiller

pretty cool video of Rener Gracie submitting a purple belt while his hands are tied:

That's just freaking incredible.

And that guy getting mounted all over U St. should move to Cali and change his name.

Maybe he can fight Amber Lamps for the humiliation championship of the world.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

What do you guys think about bringing in daniel Cormier to UFC to fight dos santos for the belt?

He looks beast. I think he can even come to ufc and drop to light heavyweight and take on jon jones.

Hes olympic wrestler and his striking is more refined then jon jones.

Anyone catch the title fight where he dominated barnett?

http://mmarecaptv.com/video/bmjzA7q7ZuM/Strikeforce-Barnett-vs-Cormier-1.html

What do you guys think about bringing in daniel Cormier to UFC to fight dos santos for the belt?

He looks beast. I think he can even come to ufc and drop to light heavyweight and take on jon jones.

He messed up a kidney attempting to cut weight for the Olympics a while back, I'm not sure he can get to 205. For some odd reason, they say he's going to fight in Strikeforce one more time.

Cormier vs. Werdum for the #1 contender spot makes a lot of sense.

his striking is more refined then jon jones.

Might have a tough time putting that one over. :ols: Daniel has some surprisingly good hands and he certainly packs a wallop, but he isn't landing spinning elbows, flying knees, front kicks, spinning back kicks, ect. Jon's hands are also good, which can be easy to forget after you see him crush someone with a spinning elbow. He loves to go to the body, he's patient and picks his spots, he even dropped Lyoto Machida when both guys were throwing right hands. That's Machida's game for crying out loud, it's just hard to believe. Say what you want about his reach, the guy's striking is awesome.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://mmarecaptv.com/video/bmjzA7q7ZuM/Strikeforce-Barnett-vs-Cormier-1.html

I think they should bring him over to the UFC immediately. He's probably one of the few guys (other than Velasquez) that could take JDS down. He's good at HW because he has good speed for that division and amazing wrestling, plus his boxing is pretty good. I think Jon Jones would outstrike him pretty easily, would rather see him stay at HW, there's a lot of exciting fights for him there IMO.

I dont know about that. Daniels striking is very unique and almost looks identical to fedors striking.

http://mmarecaptv.com/video/7N3hHpZioO4/Daniel-Cormier-the-heavy-hitter-highlight.html

The only thing that his striking has in common with Fedor's is that they both rely primarily on their hands and don't use a lot of kicks. Cormier's hands look pretty good but the top three guys that he has beat have all been BJJ guys who aren't known for their striking (Bigfoot, Monson, Barnett).

Jon Jones has beaten better strikers like Shogun, Rampage, Rashad and Machida.

Cormier's one of my favorite fighters out there now, but the last thing he needs to do is drop a bunch of weight and go after Jon Jones.

Edited by #98QBKiller

The only thing that his striking has in common with Fedor's is that they both rely primarily on their hands and don't use a lot of kicks. Cormier's hands look pretty good but the top three guys that he has beat have all been BJJ guys who aren't known for their striking (Bigfoot, Monson, Barnett).

Jon Jones has beaten better strikers like Shogun, Rampage, Rashad and Machida.

Cormier's one of my favorite fighters out there now, but the last thing he needs to do is drop a bunch of weight and go after Jon Jones.

I agree with this take. You also have to factor in that Cormier's speed plays a lot better at HW than it will at 205. Part of what makes his striking good is that he's naturally faster than the overwhelming majority of HW's in the game now. He loses that advantage if he goes to 205.