Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I am not watching it I just wanted to say pudzilla. I take It he lost?

in embarrassing fashion

1st round was dominated by Sylvia after Pudz gassed about 1min in. then in the 2nd round, Pudz literally fell to his back out of pure exhaustion and proceeded to tap to strikes

Edited by StillUnknown

:ols:

i need to see this.

wMPRey_-Btg

the only thing worse than Pudz's performance, was the announcer who proclaimed "Tim Sylvia is back!!!" several times after the match

it almost sounded as if Bas wanted to backhand the dude

Edited by StillUnknown

Yeah Pudz looked like the typical overly-muscular guy that thinks he is going to get in an MMA ring and take on a professional fighter. Not that Sylvia is a top notch fighter anymore either.

Pudz belongs in a tough-man match, IF THAT.

strikeforce challenger's card tonight on showtime at 11pm(est)

definitely want to see Woodley fight. he's one to keep your eye on at 170

Woodley looked TERRIBLE. Coy got robbed big time. I'm not complaining though. I had Woodley in a parlay with Bowling and Lindland. Woodley was talking about Nick Diaz before this fight. After tonight he shouldn;t even mention Nate's name. It looked like the knees to the leg in the clinch really hurt him, but in the interview he said he executed his gameplan.

Woodley looked TERRIBLE. Coy got robbed big time. I'm not complaining though. I had Woodley in a parlay with Bowling and Lindland. Woodley was talking about Nick Diaz before this fight. After tonight he shouldn;t even mention Nate's name. It looked like the knees to the leg in the clinch really hurt him, but in the interview he said he executed his gameplan.

yeah he looked bad, i thought he lost that fight as well. i wouldn't say Coy got robbed though. 1st round was close, Woodley took the 2nd round pretty clear to me and Coy definitely got the 3rd

Edited by StillUnknown

The only fight on tonight's UFC card that I care about is the main event. It's also the only reason I'm ordering the PPV.

As badly as I want Rampage to burst back on to the scene with a victory, I just don't see it happening. Sugar's already won the mind game 20 times over. He's a more well-rounded fighter than Jackson and I bet he trains harder. My heart says Quentin Jackson, but my head says Rashad Evans wins in the third.

The only fight on tonight's UFC card that I care about is the main event. It's also the only reason I'm ordering the PPV.

As badly as I want Rampage to burst back on to the scene with a victory, I just don't see it happening. Sugar's already won the mind game 20 times over. He's a more well-rounded fighter than Jackson and I bet he trains harder. My heart says Quentin Jackson, but my head says Rashad Evans wins in the third.

you're one week early friend

Whaa there's a UFC card tonight? Evans/Rampage is next week.

you're one week early friend
Whaa there's a UFC card tonight? Evans/Rampage is next week.

Shall we go ahead and call this the single biggest OOPS of our beloved thumb wrestling thread? My bad, guys. I have no idea why I woke up today thinking that this was the weekend of the fight. :)

Re: Coy-Woodley

I thought the first round was close enough to go either way. I'd have scored it 10-10. I had Coy winning the last two. Woodley looked worn out and defeated after those knees to the leg the last 2mins of the first round save for the two submission attempts. He was being dominated (maybe a strong word here) when his back was against the cage, yet he would not walk forward or to the side.

Any hunches/predictions for Rampage vs. Evans?

I think either Rampage by TKO or Evans by decision. Right now I'm thinking the latter because Rashad will get a little too comfortable and jump in to something. If he doesn't, I think Greg Jackson will have him primed to win rounds and GTFO.

Dan Miller is up against his third big name in a row at middleweight and is coming off of two losses. Three losses in a row always looks terrible, but I don't think Dana will cut him if that's the case. I'll be pulling for the dude, he's always game. That should be a really good fight.

I'll go with Duffee, Nog and I'm still undecided on the Sanchez/Hathaway fight. Seems like a trap for Diego.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Damn, this thread doesn't even have crickets in it. How do you guys think the stare down will pan out between Rashad and Rampage? I think they're going to be cussing at each other with thier foreheads touching ala' Rampage/Eastman. I imagine the ref will have to split them up in the middle of giving his directions and tell them to quiet down.

With the two incidents that have happened this year (Strikeforce brawl, Daley punching Koscheck), I really hope one of them doesn't pull a Heath Herring and KO the other guy during the staredown. Although I seriously doubt they'll kiss each other.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

With the two incidents that have happened this year (Strikeforce brawl, Daley punching Koscheck), I really hope one of them doesn't pull a Heath Herring and KO the other guy during the staredown. Although I seriously doubt they'll kiss each other.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well, and even postfight as well depending on how the fight ends.

Also, don't forget about the press conference today at 4 p.m. on ufc.com. I would imagine it will be entertaining.

Edited by lovetoaster

If Evans stops making the same mistake all wrestlers that learn a stand up game make and REMEMBERS HE'S A DAMN WRESTLER he should be able to handle Rampage.

If he tries to counter punch from the perimeter he could get clipped as Rampage is excellent at sniping fighter circling away from him with hooks. Though Rampage also runs the risk of catching a KO blow if he's not careful because Evans has much faster hands.

If he tries to throw with Rampage he'd more than likely catch one of those short hooks that Rampage throws so well.

I favor Evans in this fight unless he tries to meet Rampage in the middle of the ring and exchange punches.

If Evans stops making the same mistake all wrestlers that learn a stand up game make and REMEMBERS HE'S A DAMN WRESTLER he should be able to handle Rampage.

If he tries to counter punch from the perimeter he could get clipped as Rampage is excellent at sniping fighter circling away from him with hooks. Though Rampage also runs the risk of catching a KO blow if he's not careful because Evans has much faster hands.

If he tries to throw with Rampage he'd more than likely catch one of those short hooks that Rampage throws so well.

I favor Evans in this fight unless he tries to meet Rampage in the middle of the ring and exchange punches.

I dunno, Rampage is one of the hardest guys to take down in the history of the sport. He makes his opponents stand up with him. I think Rashad's best bet is to have worked on his leg kicks over this camp, as Rampage seemingly ignores that legs exist on the human body. If Rashad can slow him down and keep active, sort of like Frankie Edgar on BJ Penn, I can definitely see him pulling this out.

I do have a hard time imagining Rampage getting KTFO by Evans unless he throws his jaw in to Rashad's best haymaker like Chuck did. I think if this was 5 rounds, like it could have been, I'd take Rampage without question. But now it's a little more difficult. I think I'll still take Rampage, but it all depends on how I feel the day I pick the fights. It's like I'm playing chess against myself.

I think Rampage is going to KO Rashad. The only question I really have is whether Rampage is going to have some ring rust coming back from his Hollywood trip. He fought a lot of fights close together before he took this time off, so it's not like he didn't need the break. I just think that if he's not back into the rhythm of things, then Rashad will pull out a decision on him.