Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Much like everyone else, I think this is either going to be a Rashad decision or a Rampage KO. Even though I think Rashad is definitely in Rampage's head, I am leaning toward a Rampage KO, early second round. Rashad has been great at playing mind games, but even if Rampage makes a mistake in the cage, I do not think Rashad is going to knock him out. Unless it is a Sean Salmon headkick.

Rashad would be wise to stay on the outside and go Jose Aldo on Rampage until he proves he can check a leg kick

staying on the outside allows rashad to use his quickness, while staying out of the range of Rampage's power. i'm starting to wonder about Page's power as well. he knocked out Wandy, but he went a combined 8 rounds with Forrest & Jardine (two of the weakest chins in MMA) yet he couldn't finish either of them.

if rashad sticks with a good strategy he should have some success. rampage is not a difficult fighter to plan for as he does the same things in every fight (although he does them well). if rashad fights smart, its his fight to lose

i'm going with Rashad by decision mainly because i dont think Rampage's head is in the fight game. he made a comment recently saying that if he had it his way, he would still be retired. usually when you'd rather be other places than in the cage, you end up losing.

Rampage is rested, and he has to be pumped for this fight. I'm wondering if any of you can cite an instance where Rampage has been perfectly fine one moment and then knocked out the next. The three times we've seen him knocked out were from ridiculously brutal beatdowns, but I'm not familar at all with his kickboxing career. I seriously doubt Rashad can put together the symphony of destruction that Shogun and Wandy created against Rampage. His chances for a clean KO, in my opinion, are very low. That dude has taken some mean shots over his career, and he shakes most of them off like a boss.

Rashad is the hunted, Rampage is the hunter. The question in my mind is if Rashad can dodge the bullets and buck his hind legs in to Rampage's thighs. Poetic.

Rampage is rested, and he has to be pumped for this fight. I'm wondering if any of you can cite an instance where Rampage has been perfectly fine one moment and then knocked out the next. The three times we've seen him knocked out were from ridiculously brutal beatdowns, but I'm not familar at all with his kickboxing career. I seriously doubt Rashad can put together the symphony of destruction that Shogun and Wandy created against Rampage. His chances for a clean KO, in my opinion, are very low. That dude has taken some mean shots over his career, and he shakes most of them off like a boss.

Rashad is the hunted, Rampage is the hunter. The question in my mind is if Rashad can dodge the bullets and buck his hind legs in to Rampage's thighs. Poetic.

NisCkxU544c

Don't sleep on Rashad's headkick.

Not to mention that Rampage has recently gone to decision with two fighters that cannot match Rashad's skills- Griffin and Jardine.

I see Evans winning by either decision or late finish. I honestly do not believe that Rampage can win this fight after the first round. No matter what he tells the public, we know he hates to train. Rashad trains diligently and does not abandon his game plan.

Mental edge - Evans.

Conditioning - Evans.

Youth - Evans.

Skill set - Evans slightly, due to youth and training.

Speed - Even? (Maybe Evans?)

Power - Jackson.

These factors tell me it's Rampage early or Sugar late but overall I have to give the nod to "Sugar" Rashad Evans.

Not to mention that Rampage has recently gone to decision with two fighters that cannot match Rashad's skills- Griffin and Jardine.

I see Evans winning by either decision or late finish. I honestly do not believe that Rampage can win this fight after the first round. No matter what he tells the public, we know he hates to train. Rashad trains diligently and does not abandon his game plan.

Mental edge - Evans.

Conditioning - Evans.

Youth - Evans.

Skill set - Evans slightly, due to youth and training.

Speed - Even? (Maybe Evans?)

Power - Jackson.

These factors tell me it's Rampage early or Sugar late but overall I have to give the nod to "Sugar" Rashad Evans.

mental edge: Rashad (by a wide margin)

conditioning: Rampage (he's gone 5rds twice, Rashad tends to gas in the 3rd, especially when he works takedowns in the first 2 rounds. most likely the product of being an undersized LHW)

Youth: Rashad

Skill Set: Even (Rampage more technical, Rashad has more variety)

Speed: Rashad (by a wide margin)

Power: Rampage

Experience: Rampage, by a wide margin.

I'd also give the mental edge to Rampage. That dude has a ridiculous killer instinct. Sure, he has a bi-polar mental state outside of the octagon, but the dude seems to have an extreme amount of focus when the pressure is on. I think the amount of pressure this rivalry presents will have him thinking of nothing but killing Rashad. I'm feeling a massive KO with the ref having a hard time pulling him off the more and more I think about this.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Experience: Rampage, by a wide margin.

I'd also give the mental edge to Rampage. That dude has a ridiculous killer instinct. Sure, he has a bi-polar mental state outside of the octagon, but the dude seems to have an extreme amount of focus when the pressure is on. I think the amount of pressure this rivalry presents will have him thinking of nothing but killing Rashad. I'm feeling a massive KO with the ref having a hard time pulling him off the more and more I think about this.

Although Rashad has proven to be a nicer, harder-working man, I'm in Rampage's corner. I just like the guy. I hope he destroys Evans. I just don't know if his experience edge outweighs his bi-polar mental state, his diminishing mobility, or his time off.

Let's face it. You go make a movie, you lose your next fight by KO. Ask Lennox Lewis, Cung Le, Tommy Morrison, and Wlad Klitschko. :)

Although Rashad has proven to be a nicer, harder-working man, I'm in Rampage's corner. I just like the guy. I hope he destroys Evans. I just don't know if his experience edge outweighs his bi-polar mental state, his diminishing mobility, or his time off.

Let's face it. You go make a movie, you lose your next fight by KO. Ask Lennox Lewis, Cung Le, Tommy Morrison, and Wlad Klitschko. :)

I agree about being in Rampage's corner. The only reason that I would possibly not be in his corner is because of what a ****ty coach he was on TUF (not supporting his fighters, etc.) After TUF I questioned who I'd pull for in this fight because Rashad seemed a lot nicer and down to earth but my Pride homerism is throwing all of that out the window. :pfft:

BTW didn't Cro-Cop and Randy Couture both come back and (T)KO people after making movies?

I'm wondering if you guys think Rampage is 100% after taking time off? I think he is, I think a break was what he needed. If his heart really isn't in to it all the way, well, that's speculation. I think with all the **** talk, with all the hype, with all these bragging rights on the line, he will be ready.

That's just Rampage's personality, he thrives on trash talk. Beating Rashad presents an entire new world of trash talking to the man.

http://bestfightodds.com/

odds for the fight have really tightened up, essentially becoming a pick'em fight. when it was first announced, Rampage was floating around -220 favorite.

on a sidenote, :ols: @ Cyborg being -2000 against her next opponent. i cant remember seeing a line that one sided. i would imagine a pitbull vs. a chihuahua would have similar odds

Edited by StillUnknown

I agree about being in Rampage's corner. The only reason that I would possibly not be in his corner is because of what a ****ty coach he was on TUF (not supporting his fighters, etc.) After TUF I questioned who I'd pull for in this fight because Rashad seemed a lot nicer and down to earth but my Pride homerism is throwing all of that out the window. :pfft:

Yeah Jackson's not such a fantastic human being, despite how funny he can be. It's the cartoon Rampage I'm rooting for but other than that the only thing that cheeses me off about Rashad is his in-cage antics. Evans is a stand-up dude and a very supportive coach.

BTW didn't Cro-Cop and Randy Couture both come back and (T)KO people after making movies?
And don't forget Rich Franklin coming back to beat Travis Lutter after his critically acclaimed performance in Cyborg Soldier. :D

:ols:

Didn't know about those. I guess MMAers do much better than boxers in this regard. Perhaps I'm selling Rampage way short. Perhaps Machida exposed Rashad's sweet spot. I hope so.

I just can't shake the epic pwnage from last year's TUF show, culminating in Quentin retiring rather than fight Rashad. I guarantee when he came back he told Dana he was ready for his title shot- against Lyoto Machida. I also bet Dana told him "you're not getting out of this matchup with Evans."

QUOTE]

You know I had the same exact thoughts but I really think that Dana edited some of the footage to show Rashad as a better person because Rampage had screwed him over by that point by backing out of the fight.

You know I had the same exact thoughts but I really think that Dana edited some of the footage to show Rashad as a better person because Rampage had screwed him over by that point by backing out of the fight.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Dana isn't beyond pulling some shady moves like that.

I also think a lot of people forget that Rashad has beaten a handful of heavyweights- guys who are 225-250 pounds. Rampage has never faced anyone bigger than himself. This leads me to believe that Rampage's perceived strength advantage will not come into play on saturday night. Rashad is a strong dude who has proven he can take the punch of bigger men and has outwrestled bigger men on more than a couple occasions.

(I know I sound like I'm rooting for Evans. I'm not. I just see a ton of reasons why Rashad can or will win this fight.)

I also think a lot of people forget that Rashad has beaten a handful of heavyweights- guys who are 225-250 pounds. Rampage has never faced anyone bigger than himself. This leads me to believe that Rampage's perceived strength advantage will not come into play on saturday night. Rashad is a strong dude who has proven he can take the punch of bigger men and has outwrestled bigger men on more than a couple occasions.

(I know I sound like I'm rooting for Evans. I'm not. I just see a ton of reasons why Rashad can or will win this fight.)

You are exactly right. And while I can also probably see more reasons why Rashad could win the fight, I am leaning toward Rampage. Granted, I am a bigger fan of Rampage, but Rashad has gotten under Rampage's skin. A lot of the time, that is a good thing, but I don't think it is when you are facing Rampage. He goes to another level when he is fighting angry. I think Rashad is doing a lot of the chatter for show, Rampage is doing it because he is legitimately pissed.

Rampage has always been a knock out artist, but as of late he's gone to three decisions and has only KO'd a fist-flinging, down-sloping Wanderlei Silva. And it worries me that Greg Jackson can get a glass chin like Jardine to survive until the end of their fight. Rashad is Jardine times 2: More speed, more power, more wrestling, better chin (save the zombie pic)...

But I just feel like Rampage is one of those guys that thrives on hatred. He is an emotional guy that won't let his trash talking humor to take a hit if he has anything to say about it. As ridiculous as that sounds, I believe that is his psyche.

Watch the interview on ESPN.com today. He isn't bull****ting at all, it's like he just killed someone with his bare hands. No sense of humor, no nothing. The guy is ready to actually murder the man. What I'm scared of most is that Rampage doesn't do something before or after the fight that tarnishes the sport.

Sure, Rashad could catch him or beat him to death with a superior gameplan, but it's either a puncher's chance or methodical decision to me. Rampage, if totally prepared, should **** this guy up hard.

What I don't like about Evans is that his record doesn't impress me all that much. He struggled against Ortiz earning a split decision that frankly I think could have gone either way. He couldn't handle Tito's strength. He earned a split decision against Bisping... and frankly Bisping should be a walk in the park for top tier fighters, he's extremely over rated. He did get a good win over Griffin. He also tends to gas even though he'd never admit it.

What I don't like about Rampage is that he lost to Griffin. That shouldn't have happened because frankly Griffin shouldn't have been good enough. Other than that he's beaten Jardine, Silva, and Dan Henderson all good solid wins but I hate how he did it. There was no game plan in any of those fights and despite winning he fought his opponents fight. Doing that with Griffin is what cost him the fight and Evans is smart.

The Wolf's Lair is definitely singing Jackson's praises as we head into the weekend....

“I fought Rashad and I’ve been in there with Rampage and I can tell you he hits way, way harder than Rashad,” Bisping said. “Honestly, it’s not even close. Wherever Rampage hits you, you feel it.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AgMZaojDmyqOXIoo_4zfkL09Eo14?slug=ki-rampage052710

QUOTE]

Rashad really is a good dude. Check out MMA Live when he is on and it is easy to see. Rampage seems like more and more of a douche every time I see him. Did you guys see on Primetime last week when he said if he knew guys would want to buy him beers and take pictures with him he might not have gotten into the sport? That is Grade A Douche right there. No wonder he trains with Captain Douche, Bisping.

I'll be rooting hard for Rashad.