Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm so sick of hearing Ronda bash Mayweather and people actually talk themselves into believing she would beat him in a fight. He would destroy her in less than a minute. He'd put her to sleep. Enough is enough.

I've got an idea for Rhonda to accept her most serious and realistic challenge.

First, we know that she's not going to fight a man, so that's out of the equation.

Second, it's possible that Cyborg may be out of the picture, too.

So, the only serious challenge that may be left for her to face, is to fight 2 women at the same time. :)

I'm so sick of hearing Ronda bash Mayweather and people actually talk themselves into believing she would beat him in a fight. He would destroy her in less than a minute. He'd put her to sleep. Enough is enough.

I think she could sub him. He could obviously knock her out too. He has a huge void of skill in MMA though, and she is especially sick on the ground. Them Gracie brothers are no joke man, incredible teachers. Obviously her background is already all about tossing and subbing others who are actually trained to defend it. It's not hard to see why some people feel strongly about her winning. Turns in to more of a chess match in grappling. She's Gary Kasparov, he needs to learn how the knight moves.

I agree though, I'm sick of it.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Depends what rules.  Boxing rules, Mayweather wins.  Any other rules, it's much closer.  I think Ronda said a "no rules" match, and I tend to agree with her that she wins.  Mayweather is boxer, a great one, but it's a much more narrow art.  It's superior in its circle of influence, but MMA deals with much more.  If Mayweather is anything but standing at any point in the match, he probably loses.  Quickly.

I do sort of wish she'd lay off though,since it tends to create some dissonance with her very legitimate reasons for not fighting Cyborg.  There's wiggle room, but the question "if she's willing to fight Mayweather no rules, why won't she fight Cyborg 140" does pop into one's head.

That being said, Mayweather doesn't get enough heat for his extracurricular activities, so I don't mind seeing him get chewed out.  It also helps ease the pain of paying for that Pacquiao PPV, imagining Ronda armbar him.

Edited by DogofWar1

God forbid someone make fun of a woman beater for being a woman beater.  Kudos to Rousey for calling him on his bull****.

Also, in a fight (meaning not boxing), Rousey would eat Mayweather alive.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Still can tell you that I'm not Mayweather's biggest fan, but Ronda's constant bashing of Mayweather is really getting old. And did she say that she will earn as much as Mayweather? I hope she was joking.

God forbid someone make fun of a woman beater for being a woman beater.  Kudos to Rousey for calling him on his bull****.

Her criticisms would mean more if she wasn't worshiping at the altar of Mike Tyson

Just so you'll know, there's a huge domestic violence problem in MMA. Bigger than the NFL.

I saw that report on Real Sports. No doubt MMA has a problem, but I have an issue with how Real Sports gathered their data. They really stretched the definition of a "pro" fighter.

You know what's pretty crazy? War Machine was in one of the most brutal, back & forth fights you'll ever see, and it's rarely ever talked about. Pretty sure it was on the TUF Finale. It was bloody as hell, the crowd was going crazy, but it's been locked away deep in the vault because of him almost beating a woman to death. That 911 call is crucial.

Other than him, I'm trying to think of another UFC fighter who hit a girl. Even Strikeforce, WEC, Bellator, WSOF, or Pride fighters.

Just thought of one, Joe Son. He was part of a gangrape and murder or something. Life without parole. He was a clownshoes fighter from the early days. Went 0-4 in MMA, and is best known for being the fat headed Asian who throws a shoe in Austin Powers.

Can't think of anybody else.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Just so you'll know, there's a huge domestic violence problem in MMA. Bigger than the NFL.

I fail to see how this is relevant, even if it were true.

Ronda Rousey can't state her opinion that domestic abusers are ****heads because War Machine beat up Christy Mack?  Explain please.

I fail to see how this is relevant, even if it were true.

Ronda Rousey can't state her opinion that domestic abusers are ****heads because War Machine beat up Christy Mack?  Explain please.

War Machine is not the only one. Again, I'm far from a Mayweather fan. Dude is a piece of ****. But, Ronda has made her point over and over again. Is she going to bring up Mayweather during every interview from now on? She even said that she was going to make as much money as Mayweather. It seems as if she's just using his name to get publicity. And like still said, she seems to love herself some Mike Tyson.

War Machine is not the only one. Again, I'm far from a Mayweather fan. Dude is a piece of ****. But, Ronda has made her point over and over again. Is she going to bring up Mayweather during every interview from now on? She even said that she was going to make as much money as Mayweather. It seems as if she's just using his name to get publicity. And like still said, she seems to love herself some Mike Tyson.

Again, whether or not OTHER MMA fighters have hit women is irrelevant to whether RR is justified in calling out domestic abusers for being domestic abusers.  Please explain otherwise.

Your second and third sentences sort of fly in the face of both your argument and your signature, unless you are being ironic.  You can choose to put ANYTHING IN THE WORLD you want in that space.  You chose "Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter of this generation."  Weird for someone who is not a fan and thinks he is a piece of ****.

Finally, Mayweather has talked **** about RR in the past, so now she talks **** about him.  Seems fair to me.  And so what that her comments generate publicity.  SHE'S IN THE PUBLICITY BUSINESS.  She (and Floyd) don't make money for beating people up, they make money for beating people up IN FRONT OF LOTS OF EYEBALLS.  This is the nature of both sports.   Mayweather is probably thrilled every time it happens, it keeps his name in the news despite his last fight probably being the last relevant boxing match ever.

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Floyd stands out because of his unapologetic and dismissive attitude towards his own wrong doing and how little punishment he's faced both in terms of criminal court and public opinion.  Being a piece of **** should cost a person money when they are in the publicity business but Floyd seems untouched.  I'm glad Ronda calls him out.  I'd like to see more fighters call him and other domestic abusers out.  The more people calling out pro athletes and other famous people that do these things the better. 

• Like 1

Floyd stands out because of his unapologetic and dismissive attitude towards his own wrong doing and how little punishment he's faced both in terms of criminal court and public opinion.  Being a piece of **** should cost a person money when they are in the publicity business but Floyd seems untouched.  I'm glad Ronda calls him out.  I'd like to see more fighters call him and other domestic abusers out.  The more people calling out pro athletes and other famous people that do these things the better.

You know that I have absolutely no love lost for Mayweather, but her buddy Mike Tyson once famously said, "The best punch I ever landed was against Robin Givens." I TOTALLY agree with you about Floyd. When he says, "where's the video evidence" in response to his domestic violence accusations, I can't even think of words to say. But with that being said, Ronda comes across as a hypocrite.

You know that I have absolutely no love lost for Mayweather, but her buddy Mike Tyson once famously said, "The best punch I ever landed was against Robin Givens." I TOTALLY agree with you about Floyd. When he says, "where's the video evidence" in response to his domestic violence accusations, I can't even think of words to say. But with that being said, Ronda comes across as a hypocrite.

And Mike lost essentially everything.  When Floyd bounces off rock bottom and comes begging with hat in hand perhaps people will be more open to accepting him. 

Mayweather didn't trash Ronda from what I recall and even had some nice things to say about her during his interview. The only thing he said this last time was call me when you make $300 mil. in 35 minutes.

She keeps talking **** because he can't do anything about it and she knows that. If he kicked her ass in a fight people would complain that he beat up a girl and then if she kicked his ass people would tease him for losing to a girl. He's actually been taking the high road and it's made her look far worse in my opinion.