Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorie BAD movie

Bang

is that the one with Schwarzeneggar in it?

Oh man, that is horribly hilarious!

No votes yet for Plan 9 From Outer Space yet, eh?

plannine4.jpg

~Bang

I couldn't believe I got this far without seeing "Plan 9." I was thonking "oboy, I get to say it" :silly: . But that one is so famous for being sooo bad it's actually good. :laugh: There's some good choices in here. I'll go a little different tack and pick onoe that actually had a big budget and big actors that just bombed in a cloud of stink: "Ishtar" with Dustin Hoffman, Warren Beatty, & Charles Grodin, but ya gotta be drunk to be able to lugh at how awful it is.

Bad movie I've willingly watched the most often and still like: Conan :D

is that the one with Schwarzeneggar in it?

Oh man, that is horribly hilarious!

You got it. Fresh off the boat, Arnold had to be dubbed (which I'm sure was the basis for the old Bill Murray skits on SNL).

There are two classic scenes that stand out:

1. Hercules is summoned before his father Zeus on Mt. Olympus. While mighty Zeus is scolding his brash son, you can see a plane fly overhead. Classic cheapness.

2. Hercules takes a mortal woman on a date, a carriage ride through Central Park. Suddenly, a bear leaps out of the trees and Hercules has to best the bear in battle. But it's just some dude in a rented bear suit. Unbelievable.

I used to rent this movie a lot in grad school, in my 20s. One night I noticed on the side of the VHS box that it read "Category: Bad." Oh yes.

And can I get some love for "Toxic Avenger"?

And can we agree that "Pootie Tang" is in fact a superb movie? Sa-da-tay!

Forbidden Planet....Robby the Robot right?

And a gold star to anybody who knew the star of the movie, who was in a non-comedic role (answer below)

......Leslie Neilsen of Naked Gun fame :cheers:

Yep. That's the one. That invisible monster used to give me nightmares as a kid.

Or even now. :paranoid:

;)

From the mid 60's if I remember right, "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" with one actor who had the greatest name ever: "Atlas King"

Bang, PCS, or anyone: what was the 50's bad sci-fi flick that had a space=monster holed up in a cave then when it came out it looked like a ******* giant carrot? :laugh:

I thought it was called "It" but a search doesn't show that. I also thought James Arness was in this one too, but apparently that's wrong :D . One of you guys has to know this.

From the mid 60's if I remember right, "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies" with one actor who had the greatest name ever: "Atlas King"

Bang, PCS, or anyone: what was the 50's bad sci-fi flick that had a space=monster holed up in a cave then when it came out it looked like a ******* giant carrot? :laugh:

I thought it was called "It" but a search doesn't show that. I also thought James Arness was in this one too, but apparently that's wrong :D . One of you guys has to know this.

Jumbo-- was it the Original "The Thing" (not the Carpenter Version)?

I think that's it. According to IMDB it is "The Thing from another world"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044121/

www.nostalgia.com

Just a few bad movies that I like off the top of my head:

1) No Retreat No Surrender- This movie was loaded with cheese and one liners.

2) Super Fuzz- It's about a cop with super powers, but when he sees the color red, he loses his powers. This is actually on DVD. You can get it on Amazon.com

3) The Annihalators- This is probably the worst action film ever made. It is so bad that it's funny. It is full of terrible one liners, bad acting, and the most generic wardrobe ever. A gang member had a muscle shirt on that had the word "Muscle" on it. A teen had a sweat shirt on that had the word "Sweat" on it. A guy had a T-shirt on that had the word "Music" on it. Your IQ will drop 20 points while watching it. :laugh:

I love B movies. There are too many to list.

Come on, it's gotta be a BAD movie...Forbidden Planet was NOT a bad movie...Murder By Death is hilarious.

"THE Moose!! Use your GD pronouns!"

One of my guilty pleasures is The Wraith...now that's a bad movie. But I own it. I even downloaded and burned "Never Surrender" by Lion. :rolleyes:

Wow. I thought about that, but I remember the original "The Thing" well and it was also in the arctic, like carpetnter's remake, and I thought it was a pretty good flick for the genre. The carrot one was more set in a western state and the cave it came out of was located in a more barren/rocky hillside type setting. Maybe my wires are crossed; I'll check some more, PCD seems to remember the carrot thing well so who knows. Walking Deadman probably has the most brain cells left alive out of any of us.

I think my wires are crossed too, ( nothing new there). 2 different movies I suspect and ya know? I think I remember the movie you're talking about Jumbo. Or at least the carrot. :doh:

;)

Archived