Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Some of you are crazy. This is why I.can't stand the WWE and its flock.of sheep. AJ Styles is way established enough to not have to go through developmental. It's insulting to suggest otherwise. Hell, if they can make stars out of some of the no-talentless guys they have in the past, why couldn't they make a star out of AJ Styles?

And it's a mute point anyway, Styles leaving TNA is a work.

Not in Vince McMahon's eyes. He has no respect for TNA. And quite frankly I don't blame him. They're a huge joke. I'd rather watch ROH's high school gym like production over the trash TNA produces every week.

Now there's rumors that Cena will main event Mania no matter what.

The first option is to have a tag match with Hogan. If Hogan can't medically go, apparently they're going to have Cena close the show versus Bray Wyatt. 

I respect Cena quite a bit. He's done a lot with the WWE and for the WWE. He's a true pro. But really? ugh.

A tag with Hogan? Just shoot me in the face.

Hogan can be there, but he needs to be in someone's corner or come out to rescue someone getting a heel beatdown and that's it. Anything that involves more than a minute of in-ring action is insulting.

By the way, just finished part two of Austin's interview with Cornette and I hope to God that the Stossel question was in the two-hour "lost" episode. Otherwise, my faith in humanity is gone. Every time I listen to Austin, I am convinced that a part of him is sad that he is still not a ten-year old mark. I knew Cornette and few other old-timers missed kayfabe, but Austin sometimes sounds like his biggest dream would have been playing heel in the Omni against Dusty Rhodes in 1982 or something.

By the way, before Tojo Yamamoto got ahold of him, Austin didn't know whether to **** or wind his watch when it came to selling. (That's a square on the podcast drinking game for those of you keeping track of these things).

PS

The Condrey rib on Hickerson is the greatest thing in the history of the world.

Hogan should only be in WM as a managerial role, and nothing more.  I love a nostalgia kick.....but I have no interest in 2014 seeing him wrestle.  The guy was a stiff in 2004, can you imagine him a full decade later?  Just have somebody like 3MB cutting a promo, he itnerrupts, big boot, leg drop, it's over.

Not in Vince McMahon's eyes. He has no respect for TNA. And quite frankly I don't blame him. They're a huge joke. I'd rather watch ROH's high school gym like production over the trash TNA produces every week.

And ROH being so good is a myth. I've seen ROH and I don't see what the big deal is.

Daniel Bryan joined the Wyatt family at the end of RAW.

BTW, Bray Wyatt does that character so well. Better than Waylon Mercy. Was Mercy Dan Spivey?

And ROH being so good is a myth. I've seen ROH and I don't see what the big deal is.

Its the show for Internet smarks. It's great if you like watching matches end in time limit draws and handshakes.

I listened to the Austin interview with Cornette. I think I have now officially heard all of Cornette's stories.

I did like the image of a pissed off Ole Anderson showing up to a tv studio and telling Bill Dundee to stop making a wrestling show. Also, they may have marked the first time in human history that two wrestlers got together and both had positive things to say about Ole.

Gallen in his very Gallen way made a good point.

Sting may be the last active wrestler who could enter the WWE and not be sent to developmental. Maybe Samoa Joe if they ever had any interest in him, which I don't think they have.

Anyone else has already been in the WWE or would be considered an absolute nobody.

Ole Anderson was nothing but a bully. From what I heard, he didn't act so tough when Blackjack Mulligan got in his face.

Ole Anderson was nothing but a bully. From what I heard, he didn't act so tough when Blackjack Mulligan got in his face.

I can't defend Ole too much. He was a good performer but was totally stuck in 1977 as a booker. And he seems generally unpleasant.

I never really heard about him taking any kind of physical liberties with guys though. That was more Bill Watts' thing from what I've heard.

I don't know the Blackjack Mulligan story.

I can't defend Ole too much. He was a good performer but was totally stuck in 1977 as a booker. And he seems generally unpleasant.

I never really heard about him taking any kind of physical liberties with guys though. That was more Bill Watts' thing from what I've heard.

I don't know the Blackjack Mulligan story.

Ole & Gene Anderson used to take liberties with guys trying to break into the biz in the '70s.  From Al Snow's shoot:

Eventually, Gene Anderson told him that a tryout for a wrestling school would be held in the Carolinas in several months by himself and Ole Anderson. He then got a hold of Dick the Bruiser, Jim Lancaster, and some other wrestlers who’d run a fundraiser at his high school and was told that if things didn’t work out in Charlotte that he (Lancaster) would train him. He sold his car and took a 24-hour bus ride from Lima, OH to Charlotte, and ran out of food money almost immediately because of the costs of signing up and getting a hotel room.

Ole then began doing training exercises to wear out his recruits, such as stair runs, free squats, pushups, etc. Once he finally got in the ring with Ole, he was being used as fodder for Ole’s recruits. Once Al embarrassed Ole’s recruits by escaping them then putting them in the holds they were supposed to put on him, they started stretching him. Ole had broken one guy’s jaw as a part of this process earlier. At that point, Gene gets in the ring and starts REALLY stretching Al (hair pulls, eye gouges, ball grabs), at which point Al puts a Greco Roman Nut Lock on Gene, and Gene started freaking out and pulling every dirty trick out of the book in order to escape.

Gene had told Al that he doubted he’d ever see him again, although Al ended up working for Jim Crockett whenever he made runs through Ohio and West Virginia. Al then says that he found out later that Gene and Ole would do **** like what happened to him because it was a money-making venture to bring in about 30 guys and stretch them until they quit.

Gene had told Al that he doubted he’d ever see him again, although Al ended up working for Jim Crockett whenever he made runs through Ohio and West Virginia. Al then says that he found out later that Gene and Ole would do **** like what happened to him because it was a money-making venture to bring in about 30 guys and stretch them until they quit.

Not to defend the Andersons, but that seems to be how all "wrestling schools" were run back then. I've listed to a bunch of shoots, and a lot of wrestlers tell the same story. You paid a few hundred bucks, and they made you do 500 Hindu squats on the first day of a two-week camp, hoping that nobody came back for day two.

Kevin Nash went to Jody Hamilton's school - which was supposedly one of the more reputable ones - and said that they did the zillion squats on day one and that Nash was the only one who came back on day two. Which shocked Jody Hamilton who wasn't there.

In the 90s, a lot of the 80s burnouts opened schools and ran this same scam. Buzz Sawyer's was notoriously bad. He would just take someone's $50, beat them up for a bit, and either they quit or he told them they were ready.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I'm no expert but that was a fun night of Raw. 

So happy to see the old guys I use to hate/love make appearances. And really happy to see the DDP has turned his life around. I knew about the yoga thing..but I was surprised at how lucid and sober he looked.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Did you guys see Jake the Snake? Haha that was cool but his entrance music is awful.

I'm no expert but that was a fun night of Raw.

So happy to see the old guys I use to hate/love make appearances. And really happy to see the DDP has turned his life around. I knew about the yoga thing..but I was surprised at how lucid and sober he looked.

His yoga has apparently helped a ton of people. Jake Roberts, Scott Hall, Dustin Rhodes. That's just the ones I can name.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Sounds awesome actually. Ten bucks a month and every ppv is included? Sign me up. Plus access to their library of wrestling? I think it's a brilliant move.

Really isn't a bad deal at all for those die-hard fans.

PPVs for $10?! Just either hook up your computer to your TV or get Chromecast and stream it to your TV.