Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Batista. And they crowd was not happy. I really hope he's not headlining WM 30.

were they booing him or the fact that it wasn't Daniel Bryan?

I think it was both. But I don't know why they thought Bryan was gonna wrestle again.

Edited by DM72

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/447817-have-sting-and-wwe-reached-an-agreement-another-potential-royal-rumble-surprise-entrant

Have Sting and WWE Reached an Agreement?

According to Anthony DiMoro of Sportsrant.com, WWE and Sting have reached some sort of an agreement. The following is an excerpt from DiMoro's report, and you can read morehere:

I have heard it from a good source that Sting and WWE have actually agreed to a deal, including a WWE Hall of Fame induction. The Hall of Fame induction may not come in 2014, but possible 2015 as WWE may want to feature Sting and get the fanbase familiar with him on WWE Television over the next year so that his induction is even more special. I anticipate a career DVD will also be in the mix later this year as well as a heavy presence of Sting on WWE Network.

Edited by Gallen5862

Look forward to getting Who Del/Big Weirdo/Matt's take tomorrow since he was there tonight.

And side note, the Ric Flair post, I've shared before but **** it, I'll share again. In my travels, I met THE cocaine kingpin of Charlotte in the 80's and 90's. He had multiple stories about Ric Flair. The general gist was that he would personally go to Flair's Charlotte mansion once or twice a week and deliver kilos (yes, plural) of cocaine. Said Flair was the by far the biggest coke customer in all of Charlotte, did enormous, Scarface-like amounts of coke, had crazy parties at his mansion constantly and was absolutely and utterly insane.

• Like 1

They booed Mysterio because he wasn't Bryan. They cheered his elimination because he wasn't Bryan. They booed Batista because he wasn't Bryan.

The only people that would have pleased the crowd would be Punk, Ziggler, Reigns or Bryan. WWE night have some grand plan in store, but I have a feeling that crowds are going to boo the "faces of the WWE" until they get what they want.

I actually ordered it (I usually only order WM/Rumble and sometimes MITB) and I sat on my couch in total disbelief with how bad they botched Bryan. Clean loss to Wyatt to Rumble winner would have been a perfect storyline for all involved. Bryan's WM moment, too. I don't get it.

You know, WWE botched Batista as well. And Mysterio last night. I knew the boos were going to happen as soon as I realized Bryan wasn't going to be in (pick #23 or so, I realized some of the billed guys weren't in yet that had promos earlier in the show, did some quick math and knew what was going to happen).

WWE put Batista in an awful position. And they really put Rey in a bad spot. Ziggler at 30 would have gotten a pop, especially because he wasn't billed to be in it due to his concussion. Batista winning hurt him as he's a re-tread.

They didn't think that through when they rushed the unification, either. If there were two belts, Bryan could still go after the title. I'm not saying I disagree with the unification, but the unification had a tremendous impact on the storyline. Batista could have won and gone after the World Heavyweight. Or Bryan wins the rumble, goes after the WWE Title and Batista/Orton happens naturally.

I think Bryan should have won the Rumble. I mean, clean loss to Bray. Bryan is down. He has no momentum. His music hits in the Rumble match, crowd goes nuts. Bryan, Reigns, Ziggler, Batista, Punk, Rollins and Ambrose are the final seven. Keep the Ambrose spot where he tries to eliminate Reigns. Keep it all the same. Reigns eliminates them. Seconds later on the other side of the ring, Punk gets eliminated by Kane. Down to Ziggler, Bryan, Reigns and Batista. Ziggler gets tossed by Reigns (Reigns eliminated someone he didn't to still set the record of 12). Ambrose and Rollins are up from the floor and they yell at Reigns. Batista attempts to sneak up on him, he ducks and spears him! Orton's music hits.

He comes down to the ring from the crowd, sneaks up behind Batista and tosses him over the top rope! Reigns is arguing with the SHIELD still by the ropes, he turns around and gets the flying knee which sends him over the top rope and Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble and is headed to WrestleMania.A couple minutes of yes chants, crowd goes wild.

As he's celebrating, the lights go off and the creepy Wyatt graphic plays again. Bray and the Wyatts are on the ramp, Bray in his rocking chair. He's very nonchalantly clapping while leaning back in his chair. Lights flicker again, Wyatt's are gone and Bryan is in the ring alone. He looks flustered for a second before he starts the YES! chants back up as Rumble goes off the air.

To clarify, though... I don't think they did poorly with their booking as a whole, though.

Bray Wyatt became part of the future.

Roman Reigns solidified his future.

Daniel Bryan is more over now than he ever has been.

I'd guess Bryan is still going to have his moment one way or the other, but I'd argue that going back door with it won't make the storyline more intriguing.

I was annoyed the ending of the Rumble.  A, I don't really care to see Batista back and immediately on top again.  He looked old and slow in there.  B, I was annoyed because it cost me $100, Roman Reigns was one of the names I got during our gambling blind draw.  There were six of us with $20 each in the pot, so we each got to draw five numbers.  I would up with 9, 12, 14, 15 and 22, so my team was one of the Uso guys I've never heard of, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns, and some guy names Luke Harper.  I was excited about getting Reigns specifically because you guys gave me his name when I asked a few days ago.  So close to winning my 4th Rumble.

I'll tell you though, my friend Danny got screwed.  For his $20, he blind drew numbers 7, 10, 20 and 24 and 26.  So yeah, he got a racist character (Jack Swagger), an ambiguously gay Goldust, a Mexican midget in a goat costume or something, an announcer who was eliminated in five seconds, and a former top guy in Ryback who apparently is in danger of being cut.  He might as well have eaten his money.

Nothing, but nothing, beat that midget coming out, because I looked at Danny and said the first thing which came to mine, which is that he got the kid from Where the Wild Things Are.  Brought the house down with that one.

Edited by Forehead

To clarify, though... I don't think they did poorly with their booking as a whole, though.

Bray Wyatt became part of the future.

Roman Reigns solidified his future.

Daniel Bryan is more over now than he ever has been.

I'd guess Bryan is still going to have his moment one way or the other, but I'd argue that going back door with it won't make the storyline more intriguing.

Wyatt and Reigns always had a solid future. Short of jobbing them out to Zach Ryder, that was never going to change.

I've been watching wrestling since 1980 or so. I have never seen anything like this Daniel Bryan thing. What's weird is I actually see the WWE's point: Once Bryan gets to the top, the story dies. At the same time, they have been jerking around the fans forever and you just can't do that. I don't know how they book themselves out of this mess they are in.

I'm also curious about this: Is Batista a flop in general or just with the smarts who made up that audience? And does it matter since Wrestlemania is going to be in front of a smart crowd too? I mean, you can't have the main event of Orton-Batista, can you? A Wrestlemania crowd will turn that into something like an FBI match in ECW. They will just **** all over it for 20 minutes.

I was annoyed the ending of the Rumble.  A, I don't really care to see Batista back and immediately on top again.  He looked old and slow in there.  B, I was annoyed because it cost me $100, Roman Reigns was one of the names I got during our gambling blind draw.  There were six of us with $20 each in the pot, so we each got to draw five numbers.  I would up with 9, 12, 14, 15 and 22, so my team was one of the Uso guys I've never heard of, Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Nash, Roman Reigns, and some guy names Luke Harper.  I was excited about getting Reigns specifically because you guys gave me his name when I asked a few days ago.  So close to winning my 4th Rumble.

Batista was winning this the second he was signed. That may have been the biggest lock in Rumble history. Reigns and Punk were probably the next best bet and I wouldn't have given either better than 25:1.

I think it was both. But I don't know why they thought Bryan was gonna wrestle again.

Because it is pro wrestling and that is what is supposed to happen.

I've been watching wrestling since 1980 or so. I have never seen anything like this Daniel Bryan thing. What's weird is I actually see the WWE's point: Once Bryan gets to the top, the story dies. At the same time, they have been jerking around the fans forever and you just can't do that. I don't know how they book themselves out of this mess they are in.

Man, this is a ridiculously good point. How do they get out of this?

My first thought was to have him chase the title for another full year. But could they risk that? Another risky move would be for him to turn heel by having him join the Authority, and have him feud with Cena, Punk, and Reigns (who I am expecting to be a face post-Wrestlemania).

But as far as this year's WM goes, I don't have a clue on what they're going to do with him. Is he going to team up with Cena and face the Wyatt's? I doubt if he goes after HHH because I am almost 100% certain that Punk is going to fight Kane at the Elimination Chamber, and then fight HHH at WM.

But yes, they have put themselves in a pickle.

The way out is to eventually have him get the title against the wishes of the bosses and have him be the hero who keeps finding ways to avoid being cheated out of the belt. Not saying he's like Austin. But that's how it was....Austin was champ...Vince "hated" it....and Austin kept finding ways to keep it while embarrassing Vince. 

• Like 1

The way out is to eventually have him get the title against the wishes of the bosses and have him be the hero who keeps finding ways to avoid being cheated out of the belt. Not saying he's like Austin. But that's how it was....Austin was champ...Vince "hated" it....and Austin kept finding ways to keep it while embarrassing Vince. 

They did this storyline already. HHH and his hand-picked champion Abeyance won the feud.

They've done a ton of these storylines over and over. 

I guess.

I just think they are screwed right now. The Rumble is the one bullet-proof event they have - even more so than Wrestlemania. People will buy Wrestlemania pretty much no matter what, but they will still criticize it. Everyone loves the Royal Rumble; the match is pretty much beyond criticism unless Vince Russo gets his hands on it. The fact that people are pissed off over the Rumble is a bad sign. A really bad sign.

I also think they utterly over-rated Batista's impact. Fans may have tuned in to see him on Raw, but that doesn't mean that they want to spend a lot of time with him. This is starting to remind me of the Ultimate Warrior's return to WCW. A good, exciting interview to start it. And then people were almost immediately bored with him.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother