Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

There needs to be a real effort in raising the value of the other belts AND probably bring can the cruiser weight or maybe TV one.

I actually think HHH cares about belts and they may start putting more emphasis on them going forward. Vince thinks they are props. Also, they are not "belts," they are "championships." (I really hate everything about modern WWE).

And I don't think the cruiserweights are ever coming back. I don't think WWE likes small guys except Mysterio. Vince is insane, and I think the lesson he took away from the Benoit and Guerrero tragedies is that small guys will just end up killing themselves to "look like stars."

I think they f'd up the Kane thing. Should have brought back Taker around now....and Kane too. Have them go after the separate top titles (I know I said to combine them....wait) and both win. Then together the brother's of destruction take the tag titles. They are owning the WWE between the New Year and Wrestlemania. Then a falling out and they lose the tag titles at the last PPV before WM....followed up by Kane and Taker for both titles at Wrestlemania. Of course Taker wins...streak lives on.....Taker combines the two titles....and then retires. Leaves a nice storyline where nobody has the unified title for awhile. Like Summerslam. Huge match madness bracket style that involves a few dozen guys.

Taker wrestles one match a year at this point, and - frankly - he seems to have trouble getting through that. And the only match I want to see less than Cena-Orton at this point is Kane-Undertaker.

I actually kind of dig Kane in a suit.

The only PPV that matters to them is Wrestlemania and they have that down to a formula. The problem is they had the main event as Brock-Rock a year ago and Rock is not coming back for years (if ever). I think UT is now going to face either Brock or Cena. I'm not sure how they get there though. 

If I had to guess, the top three Wrestlemania match are going to somehow involve Vince vs HHH (maybe with Brock. Have they done Brock vs. Orton?), UT-Cena, and Punk-Bryan. They know that Punk v. Bryan will make all the smarks shut up for at least a night.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I needed to share this thought I had... It may be stupid, I don't know... But:

1) I'd go with the title unification at TLC. And I'd let John Cena unify the titles.

2) At Royal Rumble 29 guys have been in... 3... 2...1... *lights off* DONG! DONG! DONG! Undertaker slowly makes his way to the ring and eliminates the last remaining contender to win the Royal Rumble and earn his shot at WrestleMania

3) Build WrestleMania as the Streak vs. The Title. John Cena vs. The Undertaker.

4) At WrestleMania, the Undertaker keeps his streak in tact by becoming the Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.

5) On RAW to end the night... Lights go out, Taker comes out. He stands in the ring with the title in his hand and delivers an epic speech of some sort. But at the end of the speech he simply says, something along the lines of, "I have taken my last ride". He retires, thus leaving the WWE Undisputed Title in limbo.

6) A quasi tournament of some sort unfolds where all of these cross rivalries can ensue. This tournament would span from the night after WrestleMania until SummerSlam. That's a LONG time to not have a WWE Champion, so Vince/HHH makes the announcement that the United States Champion/Intercontinental Champion are going to wrestle in their own unification match.

7) The intercontinental title is built back up to prominence and heavily featured.

8) A full scale tournament, involved all/most WWE Superstars (and maybe some NXT if they have to round out the brackets/want to push one of them) with brackets begins the following week on RAW. Each week, people are eliminated.

9) At Extreme Rules, four prominent tournament matches occur that help reduce the field to 16, the rest occur on RAW/Smackdown leading up to Payback.

10) At Payback, we're down to 8, as the sweet 16 occurs at that venue.

11) At Money in the Bank, we go from 8 to 4, but the Money in the Bank match is centered around the tournament. The contract allows you to either A) Re-enter the tournament by picking the wrestler you wish to replace and having a match... Winner is in the final four or B) Use it as a traditional Money in the Bank briefcase. All participants will be people who were eliminated from the tournament.

12) At SummerSlam, the final four is held. The first two matches are the semis. The main event is for the Undisputed WWE Title.

13) Throughout the process feuds should be starting/coming to a head/finishing.

14) Take the momentum and run with it.

I like tournaments. I don't think Vince does.

I don't mind the idea of UT winning the titles and retiring. The only problem I see is that they did that exact same storyline with Edge in 2011. 

In general, I like the idea thought I think that is a hell of a long time to resolve the title situation in a world where the next Raw is the most important event in wrestling history. I also have a feeling that it would all end with John Cena as the champ.

The fundamental problem here is that the WWE simply does not care about titles any longer and it has spent the last several years training its core fanbase not to care about titles. Before it does any of this, it has to make a commitment to training the fans to care about belts. Hell, it has to train fans to care about wins and losses.

In all honesty, the best thing they could do is have Dusty Rhodes be the color guy for the first hour of Raw and have him ramble about Pay Windows and stuff.

There is just such a huge disconnect between what the WWE presents right now and what smart Internet fans want that I am not sure it can really ever be resolved. Frankly, I think the smart fans are actually closer to the truth. I'm long on record that wrestling should be about two guys wanting to punch each other really hard in the face for some reason. That reason should be simple. Money, titles, or respect (which are all basically the same thing).

Right now, the wrestlers don't care about money, titles, or respect - just making Wrestlemania moments.

That would be awesome but that is never going to happen. Ever. I'd be willing to bet that Cena snaps the streak one day.

But I have to ask who do you want to be Champion over Cena? The reality is he sells. When he came back the buy rates went up. And that was to see him wrestle Alberto Del Rio. He caters to kids and no one under ten is buying a best in the world shirt.

I thought they had a shot with Daniel Bryan but they killed his momentum with the B+ thing. That's on the writing.

Also I read a story that WWE Creative is completely screwed up right now. They turned Miz heel only to turn him back 2 weeks later because they forgot he had a Christmas movie to promote.

The beauty of the tournament, is if done right, it would push some new guys to the moon. Even if they don't win, they can climb the ladder quickly. Cena could be written out in any of the rounds, specifically the later ones, because of a conflict with just about anyone. Hell, there's rumors of that big dude from NXT, Alexander Rusev, getting into the main roster soon. Have him appear out of no where and just pound the tar out of Cena while a ref is out cold or some other wrestling cliche. The fans would eat it up, one way or the other.

As for who holds the belt? There's a bunch of guys. Punk is a possibility, but he doesn't need it at that instance. He can win it later and not lose any steam.

Names I'd consider:

Damien Sandow

Daniel Bryan

Bray Wyatt

Dean Ambrose

Dolph Ziggler

And that's not to mention anyone else beginning their push. Of that list, I'd give the nod to Bryan. It would be the ultimate moment for him, after he'd been teased with the title so many times.

Ambrose has the ability to be a Mick Foley type wrestler. He makes others look good with his style.

Wyatt and Bryan are good choices but I'd give it to Bryan since he's about as close to Cena as anyone has gotten. The other guys no one cares about in the audience. I love Sandow but he's not going anywhere. And Vince doesn't seem to like Ziggler (Internet darling without the level of talent of Punk or Bryan).

Actually Ziggler would be the last guy in that list id give to. He's the one of the most overrated wrestlers on the roster.

Edited by Big Weirdo

It seems odd to me that they would spend all those months teasing Bryan as the top guy, pull the plug on him because they lost faith in him as a draw, and they have him win a tourney.

From a business standpoint, they are really stuck with Cena. If he is not the focus of the company, the ratings plummet. When he is the focus of the company, they can't build anyone else.

Here's something to ponder: Cena is a 36-year-old cyborg who apparently doesn't drink, smoke, or wrestle a high impact style. There is no reason to think that he won't be the top face in the company 6 or 7 years from now. (Ric Flair came in as the Real Heavyweight Champ when he was 42. Hogan was 43 when the NWO started). 

It seems odd to me that they would spend all those months teasing Bryan as the top guy, pull the plug on him because they lost faith in him as a draw, and they have him win a tourney.

From a business standpoint, they are really stuck with Cena. If he is not the focus of the company, the ratings plummet. When he is the focus of the company, they can't build anyone else.

Here's something to ponder: Cena is a 36-year-old cyborg who apparently doesn't drink, smoke, or wrestle a high impact style. There is no reason to think that he won't be the top face in the company 6 or 7 years from now. (Ric Flair came in as the Real Heavyweight Champ when he was 42. Hogan was 43 when the NWO started). 

They are just lucky that Cena cannot act or doesn't have the charisma on screen like the Rock does. Otherwise, I bet he would have pulled a Rock like move and left wrestling a few years ago.

Edited by The Evil Genius

They are just lucky that Cena cannot act or doesn't have the charisma on screen like the Rock does. Otherwise, I bet he would have pulled a Rock like move and left wrestling a few years ago.

I think this was a real decision that they made. They don't want any more Rocks or Lesnars. Cena is perfect because he is a big enough star and has just enough charisma to do ten minutes with Jay Leno once a year or so.....but could never do anything else in entertainment or sports.

(In all honesty, Paul Wight actually has the chops to have a halfway decent acting career except there are not many roles for ugly, fat, 7 feet tall guys).

John Cena as a 14 time Champion is closing in on Ric Flair's record as a 16 time champion. Do the writers try to have Ric Flair come back in an attempt to keep Cena from the record? Cena wins the Unification match. Out of nowhere HHH has Cena beat up. Ric Flair makes an entrance and is given an immediate title shot. Ric flair becomes the undisputed 17 time champion. The Rock and John Cena and Randy Orton now have claims to fight Flair for the Title. The undertaker wants a title shot as well.They decide to let any former champion get in the money in the bank match. This can help settle Randy Ortons question who was the greatest champion.

Edited by Gallen5862

John Cena as a 14 time Champion is closing in on Ric Flair's record as a 16 time champion. Do the writers try to have Ric Flair come back in an attempt to keep Cena from the record? Cena wins the Unification match. Out of nowhere HHH has Cena beat up. Ric Flair makes an entrance and is given an immediate title shot. Ric flair becomes the undisputed 17 time champion. The Rock and John Cena and Randy Orton now have claims to fight Flair for the Title. The undertaker wants a title shot as well.They decide to let any former champion get in the money in the bank match. This can help settle Randy Ortons question who was the greatest champion.

Dude. Some of your scenarios are really really bad lol

NO ONE wants to see Ric Flair anymore lol

A. Does anyone really keep track of these title reigns any longer?

B. Have you seen Ric Flair recently?

C. Why does all of your fantasy booking involve putting 64 year olds in prominent roles? You are one step away from having Hogan-Flair be the main event at Wrestlemania.

I watched RAW last night from start to finish for the first time without skipping anything thanks to that Saints/Seahaks debacle last night..

Kind of weird to put Punk and Bryan in separate handicap matches, but whatever.

You all probably noticed me talking about the Divas division a lot over the past year or two, well I think they are finally starting to get it together. They just need like one more top diva in the picture. Could be Paige, could be a Mickie James return. But they just need one more star to go with AJ... Who is so over right now that people were actually cheering for her as she skipped around the ring lol

Randy Orton and John Cena is so boring, but like somebody said earlier, Cena gets you sells so you gotta run with it.

Roman Reigns and Big E Langston are the future. Dolph Ziggler is done in my eyes. If they were going to do something with him, it would have been done by now.

But the most interesting thought I had was that they should really give Goldust a shot at the title. Dude has been killing it since he came back. I know there is plans in the works to have him and Cody Rhodes fight at WM, but after that, they should let him get one last run at the title.

Edited by MLSKINS

I watched RAW last night from start to finish for the first time without skipping anything thanks to that Saints/Seahaks debacle last night..

Kind of weird to put Punk and Bryan in separate handicap matches, but whatever.

You all probably noticed me talking about the Divas division a lot over the past year or two, well I think they are finally starting to get it together. They just need like one more top diva in the picture. Could be Paige, could be a Mickie James return. But they just need one more star to go with AJ... Who is so over right now that people were actually cheering for her as she skipped around the ring lol

Randy Orton and John Cena is so boring, but like somebody said earlier, Cena gets you sells so you gotta run with it.

Roman Reigns and Big E Langston and are the future. Dolph Ziggler is done in my eyes. If they were going to do something with him, it would have been done by now.

But the most interesting thought I had was that they should really give Goldust a shot at the title. Dude has been killing it since he came back. I know there is plans in the works to have him and Cody Rhodes fight at WM, but after that, they should let him get one last run at the title.

I really have no idea what they are doing with Punk and Daniel. I assumed we would get a few months of the IndiePowers before the IndiePowers Explode match at WrestleMania. I don't hate the stuff with the Wyatts though. I'm kinda torn. On the one hand, I want Punk and Bryan back in the main event picture. On the other hand, I don't want every damn thing tied to HHH.

That Divas show is a bona fide hit which means that they are now going to push the hell out of the division. What they really need is a worker to tie it all together. I still won't care much though.

I love the Dustin stuff. They could make a movie out of this. It would be like The Wrestler if Randy the Ram's comeback ended at Wrestlemania instead of an indie show. (I assume they job him out and fire him by the end of January).

Goldust is great. I still have his action figure from when I was a kid. It has a removable wig. At a point in time he was the most over heel on WWE 's roster. Drugs caught up to him. But he is doing his best work right now. In great shape and his matches are always top notch. He was always a great ring technician.

Edited by Big Weirdo

With a gimmick like his, you'd think that was as far as it went, but yeah, dude could definitely get down in the ring. If there was anyone that sort of set the stage for the Attitude Era, it was him, because he was doing all of that stuff when the WWE was still goody two shoes. People threw batteries and all kinds of crazy **** at him when he would walk down the ramp.

Glad to hear he's in shape. He was sort of a thin doughboy when I used to watch him back in the day.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Were you drunk when you posted this?