Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Hulk Hogan could team with the Big Show to go after HBK and HHH. Hulk Hogan could back Cena as the face of WWE. Cena than challenges Randy Orton to unify the titles. Hogan could make it that if Cena won Hogan is in charge. All kinds of interesting possibilities.

A. No one wants to watch Hogan wrestle in 2013. He is 60 years old, crippled, and has weird tattoos now. And - good lord - has the entire Bryan storyline existed so we could watch Hogan, Big Show, HBK, and HHH wrestle? How depressing is that?

B. It's amazing how many rubs Cena needs. He's made the undisputed face of the company for something like 8 years. He's probably the fourth biggest "star" in WWE/WWF history. I would not be surprised if given his age, lifestyle, Wolverine-like healing powers, and WWE's lack of faith in anyone else that he remained on top for another 45 years. He doesn't need Hogan being involved in his storyline. It diminishes him. Besides, they aren't going to unify the titles.

C. I am so sick of GM storylines.

I can literally think of nothing that I would want to see Hogan do in 2013. 

• Like 1

ugh....Hogan.

Read that Billy Corgan is interested in buying TNA. Not sure what he could do besides...duh....better writers and get their decent performers some acting/speaking lessons. Though Velvet Sky.....me likey.

Give me 9 months with the WWE storyline and I'd make it better. Anybody here on ES would. I really believe that.

I think there is a need and a place for a second wrestling company. But the only thing TNA has that would interest me is its time slot. 

It's been creating weekly programming for a decade, and I can't think of one DVD you could produce with its library that I would buy.

If someone gave me TNA, I would change the name, fire 90 percent of the roster, and pretty much start from scratch.

I think I would run the place like Memphis in 1983 or Georgia in 1980. Rent a cheap ass studio. Have two or three "stars" and rotate in some freaks for them to fight with. I would keep my costs as low as possible. (And in all honesty, Memphis in 1983 had more memorable moments than TNA in its entire history).

I wonder how few wrestlers you could have and still be a viable company. 25? 30? Less? The only "name" I would keep is Jeff Hardy, because I think he could actually be something of a draw still under the right circumstances. If Sting wanted to go to the WWE, I would let him but I think he could have value as a twice a year "special attraction." Aside from that, I would raid the Indies for as much cheap talent as I could find.

I would limit myself to the south as much as possible and really push an older school, Southern style. if that fails, it fails. What I never understood is competing with the WWE by working in a WWE style. if I wanted WWE type angles and matches, I would watch WWE.

I want to see the babyface bloodied and battered for three straight weeks before he finally bloodies and batters the heel. That was the dominant form of "pro" wrestling in this country for 50 years. I have to believe that I could produce that cheaply and draw the 1.0 rating that keeps Spike happy. WCW kept drawing a 2.0 in its final year on pretty much nothing but goodwill from that style of wrestling.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

What does it mean then that the Rock and John Cena both have WWE championship rematch clauses still remaining? 

The Rock ain't coming back no time soon. It would be nice if John Cena could invoke his rematch clasue to unify the titles. Or even better, he forfeited his right for a rematch when he won the World Title.

Alberto del rio still has a world Heavyweight championship rematch clause. 

He will get his rematch soon. Just don't know if it will be at Survivor Series or not. We'll learn more tonight.

What does it mean then that the Rock and John Cena both have WWE championship rematch clauses still remaining? Alberto del rio still has a world Heavyweight championship rematch clause.

It means that you are watching professional wrestling and they have hung a lantern to allow themselves an easy out when a storyline starts to die.

Billy Corgan, Lead Singer Of The Smashing Pumpkins, May Soon Own TNA.

http://www.spin.com/articles/billy-corgan-tna-wrestling-smashing-pumpkins/

I would have loved for an NWA promoter to attempt to purchase TNA but that would have been too good to be true.

What NWA promoter could possibly afford that? All the ones with money went broke in 1983 (except for Jerry Jarrett who already cashed out of TNA).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

• 3 weeks later...

John Cena the World Heavyweight Champion will face the WWE Champion Randy Orton at the Tables Ladders Chairs Pay per view. Both Belts will be hung above the ring. The Winner will be both the WWE and Heavyweight champion. Randy Orton was not happy when HHH announced the match. John Cena made the challenge to unify the Belts.I had suggested the possability of unifying the belts.

Edited by Gallen5862

I'd guess that one of three things will happen (ground breaking)

A) One guy wins both belts, but will defend them separately. They are not unified.

B) Orton grabs the WHC, Cena the WWE title and they swap.

C) Orton grabs the WWE, Cena grabs the WHC and everything stays the same.

I just don't see this ending in unification. If it does, they did it a month late. Survivor Series should have been the pay off. Not TLC.

Looks like the belt unification is happening much sooner than people thought.

No point of the brands arent gonna have separate rosters to have two belts. If anything this might make the midcard that much better.

Best match of SS was Wyatts vs Punk/Bryan of course. I thought the Wyatts would go over but they had Besties In The World take the win.

Anyone here think that things would be better if the whole "Separate brand" thing was scrapped, and they went back to the old format? Just seems like they could maybe trim some unwanted fat from the roster, and then gives guys more air time/opportunity to build something.

That ain't happening. As long as they have separate brands, they can have more house shows.

But Weirdo does make a great point. I was thinking too by unifying the titles, it has to improve the Intercontinental and US Championships. Might give some more momentum to the tag team division as well.

Anyone here think that things would be better if the whole "Separate brand" thing was scrapped, and they went back to the old format? Just seems like they could maybe trim some unwanted fat from the roster, and then gives guys more air time/opportunity to build something.

I've always hated the separate brands thing and really started to lose interest shortly after it was implemented. It watered down the product IMO instead of giving more people an opportunity. 

I will never understand the internet's obsession with the brand split. We are looking at a Wrestlemania main event built around Vince McMahon versus HHH for control of the company (the 85th version of this storyline) and have Cena-Orton as the main storyline for God knows how long......and people are still talking about the brand split as if it matters.

I will never understand the internet's obsession with the brand split. We are looking at a Wrestlemania main event built around Vince McMahon versus HHH for control of the company (the 85th version of this storyline) and have Cena-Orton as the main storyline for God knows how long......and people are still talking about the brand split as if it matters.

It hasnt mattered for 2 years now since they don't have their own rosters. The belt unification will at least convolute things a little less under the major stars. However that requires faith in the writers to come up with compelling storyline for the lower tier guys. That was one of the things that I have felt that was always missing for the past decade.

I'm hoping the Cena/Orton thing is just a one off to unify one belt onto one of them and be done with it. But it could go through the first couple of months of Wrestlemania season. I'm not thrilled about it but you could see it coming when Cena came back.

My dream scenario:  Cena turns heel, let's Orton take his belt because it's "best for buisness" and joins the Authority. teaming up at the Royal Rumble with HHH and Orton against CM Punk/Daniel Bryan and a 3rd person (Langston? Maybe a returning Sheamus?) in an "new generation vs old" storyline.

Reality: LOL CENA WINS

the brand thing is a joke. Remember when they would do a draft? Weak.

There needs to be a real effort in raising the value of the other belts AND probably bring can the cruiser weight or maybe TV one.

That won't happen unless they build most Raws and Smackdowns around those belts being the main event.

Women's

Cruiser

US

Inter-Cont

Tag

Like I've been complaining about for years...and finally they are doing it a little. Build the roster around stables. You have the Shield and the Wyatts right now. That gives TV time to the whole group even if only a few are competing. 

I still think the Shield should stick together...I also think they should bring in a new member....like some of us have said before. Paige from NXT. She already has the look. Have a women's match...the Shield comes out...surrounds the ring. Jerry and Cole are like "They aren't going to attack these women, right?" then out of nowhere....Paige comes out of the crowd....takes out both in the ring....and you have a new storyline where you can involve that faction in an area that generally sucks on WWE.

I think they f'd up the Kane thing. Should have brought back Taker around now....and Kane too. Have them go after the separate top titles (I know I said to combine them....wait) and both win. Then together the brother's of destruction take the tag titles. They are owning the WWE between the New Year and Wrestlemania. Then a falling out and they lose the tag titles at the last PPV before WM....followed up by Kane and Taker for both titles at Wrestlemania. Of course Taker wins...streak lives on.....Taker combines the two titles....and then retires. Leaves a nice storyline where nobody has the unified title for awhile. Like Summerslam. Huge match madness bracket style that involves a few dozen guys.