Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Glad this thread got bumped, I haven't watched a Live MNR in years. Will catch it tonight.

Recently I've been researching Stone Cold Steve Austin like crazy. By the time he was around, I had already moved passed wrestling entertainment. I stopped watching around the time Goldberg was tearing through WCW, as the NWO was weakening.

Stone Cold has to be the most hilarious character ever. More than Paul Bearer, Brother Love, the Bushwhackers, Macho Man, I can't think of any wrestler that cracks me up as much as Stone Cold does. Pure comedy.

On top of that, somehow the guy pulled off being a great heel. As much as fans absolutely adored him at one point, he knew how to make them all boo and hiss. Almost Hogan-level on that front. One of the most amazing things I've seen is when Austin was firmly established as a bad guy, and he randomly asked the crowd to give him a "hell yeah" if they wanted him to kick the crap out of some dude. The crowd in unison screamed, "HELLLL YEAHHH!!" Austin followed it up with, "well that ain't gon' happen!" The crowd proceeded to boo their heads off in disappointment. Unreal how sensitive crowds were to that man.

I've watched videos of this CM Punk, and I REALLY don't get it. People compare him to Stone Cold and I'm seriously perplexed. To me, his personality is like an articulate, suburban, middle class man who's a little pissed off and happens to be the champion of the world. I honestly don't see any "character" in his character. Even saw a skit where he and Stone Cold are face to face, and it was clear as day that Austin was holding back so much in order to let CM Punk come off as the better trash talker.

The Miz and Cena also make me cringe. It's obvious the WWE has gone Disney on us. Never really was in to Kane, he came around after the time I was a huge wrestling fan, but at least there's some potential for some PG-13 material there.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I sat down to watch WWE Raw and could only take about 30 minutes. Nice to see Booker T, but otherwise the show felt incredibly cheesy. Like some of you have mentioned, they could use a stable or a good injection of attitude. The feuds seem cookie cutter at best. No stark, piercing personalities, it's literally sad to watch.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ready for next Monday Night. Very likely going to my first ever WWE event. It's in Memphis, and whoever is supposed to return January 2nd will be there. I'm 99% sure it's Chris Jericho.

I'd go with the Undertaker honestly. It's almost always Undertaker (save the "break the code" Y2J teasers but I don't think Undertaker was gone at that time). Plus it is WM season and Undertaker has a 20th win up for grabs this year. There are two possible dream WM matches I hope Undertaker gets this year:

-Kane vs. Undertaker III (buried alive maybe?)

-HHH vs. Undertaker III (preferably Hell in a Cell since these two are the masters at it)

I'd go with the Undertaker honestly. It's almost always Undertaker (save the "break the code" Y2J teasers but I don't think Undertaker was gone at that time). Plus it is WM season and Undertaker has a 20th win up for grabs this year. There are two possible dream WM matches I hope Undertaker gets this year:

-Kane vs. Undertaker III (buried alive maybe?)

-HHH vs. Undertaker III (preferably Hell in a Cell since these two are the masters at it)

I'm 99.9% sure it's Jericho now. In the opening last night, Jericho was in the video towards the very end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdOWa6FwGJg

About the 10 second mark.

:ols: Nevermind. I just went back to a RAW in August and he was in that opening, too.

Edited by terrifNick21

Lesnar has to be coming back to WWE now that he's "retired" from MMA. We'll see how long that retirement lasts, but WWE could use him... But only if they use him right. I could see him going back and them making the whole thing crash and burn.

I still miss the good ol days when storylines were really built up. I think Cena gets so much crap because he was made the role model for youth when everyone loved his thuganomics thing. WWE simply picked him and he rolled with it. In the wrestling you roll with the stuff or there's the door. The hate at Cena from Rock fans is just simply bitterness of how the company went PG after the Attitude era. That's all it is because how else can you explain targeting a superstar who is basically saying the truth about The Rock? I like The Rock but he did walk out on the WWE and then basically tried to keep his "people" through movies. He makes his occasional appearance to bring some crowds but The Rock even recently was distancing himself from WWE. At one point last year he didn't even want to be referred to The Rock anymore. The funny thing is if people thought about the comments and rap Cena made toward The Rock they would realize its all true. Cena became the face of the new WWE and stayed with the company and becomes hated for it. The Rock was the face of the old WWE and walked out yet people love him.

I think most people aren't angry at The Rock because they understood why he did what he did. What person wouldn't take being a Hollywood star over tearing your body up almost every night of the week? Cena would make the same move if he could, but right now it looks like he can't even get a role if the movie is not produced by the WWE so he's making the smart move and being the face of the company and cashing in with his salary and merchandise sales.

I think most fans are angry at Cena because his character is STALE and it's time to make things a little fresh with the guy.

I look at it a little like if Will Smith went back to being the "Fresh Prince" just because his fans want it. He has evolved into something much bigger so it would be sill to go b

I'm tired of that logic for hating the Rock. Stone Cold has walked out on the WWE several times. And refused jobs, but he's a hero.

These guys are business men as much as they are wrestlers.

And yes, Rock did leave. And yes, what Cena says is true. And so is a lot of what Rock says about Cena.

How about this? Stop worrying about the real life ramifications of the whole thing and enjoy the storyline. Both guys are doing a great job with it, so sit back, relax and enjoy.

:ols: I was like I don't know what he is on, but I don't want know part of it. :ols:

At first I was mad because he didn't bless the mic, but I kinda like the "leave them wanting more" attitude they have with this. It makes people want to tune in next week to see what is going on....+

i was waiting for "welcome to Rawww issss Jerichooo' but all i got was high pitched screams lol...wtf?

okay is Jericho drunk? or high?

:ols: I was like I don't know what he is on, but I don't want know part of it. :ols:

At first I was mad because he didn't bless the mic, but I kinda like the "leave them wanting more" attitude they have with this. It makes people want to tune in next week to see what is going on....+

i was waiting for "welcome to Rawww issss Jerichooo' but all i got was high pitched screams lol...wtf?

Actually, Jericho's return was brilliant.

He came in and acted wayyyy too happy. Think about it. The dark tone of the return promos didn't tie in with his return. Why?

Well, the WWE had to know Jericho was going to get a huge face pop last night. So they trotted him out and had him live it up. And then live it up some more. And then live it up to an obnoxious standard. And then make everyone begin to get annoyed with him because he's living it up entirely too much.

I went from smiling to "wtf" real fast. But then it all dawned on me.

Jericho is going to come back as a heel. That WAY over the top smile was his way of mocking the fans. He didn't talk because it didn't fit. He's going to be an obnoxious ******* character and he set the tone extremely well last night.

I'm willing to bet that Jericho becomes the biggest star in WWE soon. And he will finally get recognized for how good he actually is.

That was classic Jericho. The dude is a genius. Went face to heel in a single segment without saying a word. Have to think his in ring skills will diminish at some point (he's 41 I think), but he's still one of the best ever at working a crowd. And that jacket was awesome.