Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

:ols: at people talking about The Rock's acting skills in movies. If you want to see some good acting, go watch Black Swan or something. If you want to watch The Rock in a movie, you should expect noting else but him laying the smackdown on bammas.

My two favorite Rock movies were Walking Tall and The Rundown. Gridiron Gang was good too.

Actually, I loved his role in Be Cool. Hil-ar-ious!

Walking Tall was a good one, but just can't beat the original story. The Rundown, IMO, was his best movie. Nowhere near realistic, but in a movie like that, I'm not looking for realistic anyway.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 12:29 AM ----------

I don't see Cena ever turning heel for at least 20 years. It'll take that long for the 5 year old kids that love him to death to grow up & realize he absolutely sucks. Kinda like Hogan when the nWo formed.

That was by far the most entertaining wrestling has ever been, at least for me. When Hogan went bad & Sting went with the Crow look...now that was fun to watch. Lately, I feel like the WWE is grasping for straws to keep things interesting. Bringing in the Rock, HHH, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash. It's too bad they've gotten so generic.

The characters they have now don't seem to have the same draw as people in the past, like the Rock. No one comes out now & has the whole crowd anymore. Maybe Orton or Big Show. But Cena, who is the "top" star in WWE only has part of the crowd. Even in his own town, the crowd boos him.

I'd say CM Punk and Orton has it more than anyone else. Show doesn't. Show is boring at this point. Orton has the crowd eating out of his hands. He has his haters, but everyone does. CM Punk is the face of the WWE, in my opinion.

But other than Orton (and like him or not, Cena gets a reaction... He does his job and is for SURE a top star) there isn't anyone else that's really getting the job done. I think Ziggler's got some charisma, but not like those guys. Del Rio could, but in the same vein as Ziggler. He'll never have the crowd eating out of his hands. I think they're trying to build Mason Ryan into one of those types of characters, but his ascension won't be to Rock/Orton/Punk/Cena heights.

I'm one of the Rock's biggest fans. But, last night proved that Cena is a HUGE star. I don't care if they're booing or cheering, when you get a reaction like Cena and Rock did last night, it means you're doing your job.

On a different note: Did anyone else KNOW Sin Cara was messed up when he blew the jump out of the ring. I saw it when it happened. When he went to jump his knee buckled and he got no lift. You could tell he was hurt.

So much for the Awesome Truth...

I liked that Kane vignette tonight though. Looks like he may be donning the mask again. I often wonder how much better his character would've been if the WWE had let him speak and cut promos right off the bat, instead of semi-cutting him off at the knees with the voice box ("Big Red Retard") gimmick, severely limiting him. Dude coul dreally cut some promos once he lost the mask and went the psychotic route in the feud with Taker, and the Shane McMahon storyline. Losing the mask killed the Kane mystique though. I'm assuming that he's pretty old now, so it may be a case of "Too little, too late."

Is it just me or is every title match lately some combo of Cena/Punk/Del Rio?

I remember in the Attitude Era seeing Austin/Rock/HHH/Taker/Kane/Jericho/Benoit/etc. Now it seems like only 3 people have a chance for the title anymore. Pretty lame seeing the same guys over and over.

I'm still having a hard time processing a Heel Michael Cole, Booker T as a commentator, and a docile Kingfish.

The Jerry Lawler I grew up with wouldn't shut the **** up, and always belittled the guy sitting next to him, whether it was Vinnie Mac, JR, or whoever. This is like something out of the Twilight Zone.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I know he was hoarse because of Survivor Series, but still...

Cole clowned him numerous times. Lawler always struck me as the type that would find a way to talk **** as long as he was still breathing.

Seeing Rock wrestle again last night was awesome.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

^^^^ I think it's Y2J. Seems like something he'd say.

Yeah and Takers vignettes always seemed darker than that.

If he was wearing the Kane costume with sleeves, I'd think that was the undertaker behind Kane's mask. But unless they covered up all those tats.....I think its just Kane.

I read that promo might be for Jericho.....which would be needed for his mic skills. I keep reading how both UT and Kane will be retiring soon. A great storyline would be them teaming for the tag title next month and holding it through WM where the UT and Kane 1st defend....and the UT goes 20-0....and then they both walk away with the titles giving the WWE a chance to have them vacates for a few weeks or months while you have some sort of playoff format for them. Like a clean reset.