Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to The Rock. I think he's lame. He's becoming the new Undertaker with his occasional appearance.

"Team Bring It." Really?

Cena is essentially a good guy and heel at the same time. Listen to the crowds.

Loved how Cena absolutely destroyed Rock on the mic earlier this year and don't tell me he didn't either.

Blasphemy

But how can you put someone like Cena over? He's already the top guy.

Work rate.

Cena may be the top guy, but he hardly ever has a great match. He can't tell a story in the ring to save his ass. Every match is the same. Cena takes a beating then like a miracle, he's SUPER CENA where he doesn't sell anything & gets the win within three minutes.

I don't see Cena ever turning heel for at least 20 years. It'll take that long for the 5 year old kids that love him to death to grow up & realize he absolutely sucks. Kinda like Hogan when the nWo formed.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to The Rock. I think he's lame. He's becoming the new Undertaker with his occasional appearance.

"Team Bring It." Really?

Cena is essentially a good guy and heel at the same time. Listen to the crowds.

Loved how Cena absolutely destroyed Rock on the mic earlier this year and don't tell me he didn't either.

The Rock had "Team Bring It" back in the early 2000's. It's not like it's some new thing. Can't find it online, but my brother got a Just Bring It shirt back in like 02 and on the collar it said "Team Bring it"

Work rate.

Cena may be the top guy, but he hardly ever has a great match. He can't tell a story in the ring to save his ass. Every match is the same. Cena takes a beating then like a miracle, he's SUPER CENA where he doesn't sell anything & gets the win within three minutes.

I don't see Cena ever turning heel for at least 20 years. It'll take that long for the 5 year old kids that love him to death to grow up & realize he absolutely sucks. Kinda like Hogan when the nWo formed.

I'm not a Cena guy at all. I think people are sick of him being the main event and the same stories happening over and over.

But, I think his mic skills are pretty good. Considering who they have now every week, he's probably their current best.

For me it goes back to how they approach the other belts and stories. If some weeks Raw's main event was the Tag Team Belts, or the US Belt, or even the return of the Cruiser Weight. Then you could drag out a quest for the World Title longer and not have it change hands so much....or have TWO of them for some stupid reason.

They do it to themselves, and guys like Cena or Del Rio who I personally don't find interesting could be used better in larger stables while on their own quests.

The Rock had "Team Bring It" back in the early 2000's. It's not like it's some new thing. Can't find it online, but my brother got a Just Bring It shirt back in like 02 and on the collar it said "Team Bring it"

http://www.extremewrestlingshirts.com/servlet/the-Pro-Wrestling-Stars-cln-The-Rock/start/19/total/34/Categories

An INCREDIBLE place for throwback wrestling Ts. Bought the blue Brahma Bull T last spring.

Anywho, this is my first time posting in this thread and there seems to be a lot of Rock talk, so I must be in the right place.

A basic rundown. I started watching WCW/WWE during the hottest part of the Monday Night Wars, stopped just before McMahon bought WCW. For the last decade I've popped my head in every now and then checking out an episode here episode there. I'll buy or rent the SVR video game every year cause wrestling video games are some of my favorite. I started watching again when I heard the Rock was back earlier this year, but WM was so piss poor (the nostalgic moments were amazing) I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore. Admittedly I was spoiled by some of the greatest wrestling stories/matches/innovations that wrestling has seen...

...but has it gotten better since? Is Cena still untouchable (YAK!)? Is the Miz still a heavyweight title contender? Is it still WWPG?

Is there hope on the horizon?

Edited by FSUSkins24

I've talked to a lot of people over the years who say that they stopped watching wrestling as soon as McMahon bought WCW. I will admit that the product started to decline around late '03, but those guys missed out on some good ****. There were a ton of memorable matches during that time span.

I stopped watching WCW shortly before WrestleMania XV, and started watching ECW around '99, so I recognized all of the wrestlers that were signed, and I got to see one of my Dream matches (RVD vs Jeff Hardy).

Work rate.

Okay, if Cena can't go heel, I will have him go on a long losing streak. From now into Wrestlemainia. I am talking about having him lose to people like Santino Marella and JTG :ols:

Meanwhile, The Rock is just clowning him, crush him and Cena gets so depressed.

When the match at Wrestlemainia comes, have Cena start out whooping The Rock for a good five minutes. Then all of a sudden, The Rock starts to dog Cena. Then have them go back and forth for a while, then have The Rock crush Cena. Hit him with The People's Elbow and bout three Rock Bottoms. Then when the Rock tries the second People's Elbow have Cena counter it into a STFU. Cena makes The Rock tap and Cena wins his first match in five months....

Or something like that.

CM Punk was just on Opie and Anthony...

Said that his big promo a few months ago was somewhat scripted... But like with most things, he's handed a script, decides it sucks and goes on his own. Says Vince doesn't care when you go off script as long as its good. If its good, hes fine. If it sucks, he's pissed...

Glad I started watching again because of Rock... Because Punk is awesome. Really would have missed out if it wasn't for him.

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 08:51 AM ----------

Also said that when he left, he really left. He said he was injured, tore some muscles off his hip. Was going to get surgery, but went for a second opinion and the doctor said that he had healed and wondered if he was Wolverine. The first image he showed was his muscle detached from his hip, the second (and the second opinion) showed it reattached. Punk thought it was weird. But he went for rehab.

Said he never had any intention of wrestling elsewhere, but he was legit gone from WWE for a bit.

CM Punk was just on Opie and Anthony...

Said that his big promo a few months ago was somewhat scripted... But like with most things, he's handed a script, decides it sucks and goes on his own. Says Vince doesn't care when you go off script as long as its good. If its good, hes fine. If it sucks, he's pissed...

Glad I started watching again because of Rock... Because Punk is awesome. Really would have missed out if it wasn't for him.

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 08:51 AM ----------

Also said that when he left, he really left. He said he was injured, tore some muscles off his hip. Was going to get surgery, but went for a second opinion and the doctor said that he had healed and wondered if he was Wolverine. The first image he showed was his muscle detached from his hip, the second (and the second opinion) showed it reattached. Punk thought it was weird. But he went for rehab.

Said he never had any intention of wrestling elsewhere, but he was legit gone from WWE for a bit.

Yeah, I don't think it was mentioned here, but he was on the B.S. Report with Bill Simmons a few months ago and went into the whole angle as well as just how his WWE character has evolved. It is a pretty damn good listen for those that have not heard it.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=6808291

I saw Faster...that was lame I think.

The Rock was decent in Fast Five....again...mindless with some stuff blowing up.

I think he has another kids movie coming out soon.

You are correct, faster was baaaad. Along with it just not being a very good story, it might've been his worst acting.

I enjoyed him in fast five, but there was that one line he had about having his dessert first and his vegetables second (or something like that) that was so corny it will be burnt in my memory forever.

The tooth fairy I also just chocked up to him doing it for his kid(s).

I personally think his most entertaining role was his character in Be Cool. Good stuff when he brought out the pink aluminum bat instead of the typical wooden bat.

:ols: at people talking about The Rock's acting skills in movies. If you want to see some good acting, go watch Black Swan or something. If you want to watch The Rock in a movie, you should expect noting else but him laying the smackdown on bammas.

My two favorite Rock movies were Walking Tall and The Rundown. Gridiron Gang was good too.

:ols: at people talking about The Rock's acting skills in movies. If you want to see some good acting, go watch Black Swan or something. If you want to watch The Rock in a movie, you should expect noting else but him laying the smackdown on bammas.

My two favorite Rock movies were Walking Tall and The Rundown. Gridiron Gang was good too.

Gridiron Gang was by far his best performance.

Bingo. Faster was great for what it was. Rock kicking ass.