Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

For all the hype that Paige chick got, her debut was...um....bad?

She was pretty ****ty on the mic and pretty ****ty in the ring too. I'm not gonna write her off but that was really disappointing

So disappointed with her debut. I have been waiting for over a year for that ava they dropped the ball. AJ was money in her promo, but the match was weak. Should have have them a little time to go... or not have the match at all...

I can see what's going to happen. Bryan and shield will feud with the Authority. Orton and Batista are going to split. Then Authority and Wyatt family feuds with Bryan and Shield. Bray gets a title shot during that time.

That Paige Turner she hit was awesome.

But to be honest, I think WWE booked that very poorly. She's the anti-diva... She should have come out and displayed more confidence... She should have ripped AJ for crying like a diva... And she should have made some kind of comment about how she's the real champion. Paige was poorly booked last night, but the title change was fun and interesting.

I'm a little confused with the Cesaro thing, too. Lesnar just beat Taker. He and Heyman have the best possible heel heat... Then they go and pair Cesaro who is quickly becoming a fan favorite with Heyman who is not (he's loved by the fans, but they love to boo. Boos are his cheers). The only thing I can think of is that they are blurring the lines between heel and face. Lesnar will be a heel with Heyman, Cesaro a face with Heyman.

Don't get me wrong, I love the pairing of Cesaro with Heyman. It's perfect. But it's just an odd mix. But maybe that will make it good.

The IC and US belts feel like they are less important than the Divas title at this point. I'm not even sure either of those two titles matter right now. At all. And it's a shame because Ambrose and Big E aren't bad choices for champions.

The Shield are on fire right now. Besides Bryan, they are probably my favorite act right now.

Also... The writing is on the wall for some of the "old school" guys. It's a new era in the WWE. WWE debuted via vignette or match: Alexander Rusev, Paige, Adam Rose, and Bo Dallas last night. Add that to recent debuts of Emma, ect...

I think that's good for both WWE and NXT. Fresh blood in WWE if they book these people in a believable, yet solid way. That will get rid of the stagnant crap. NXT can also let other stars shine... Tyler Breeze, Sami Zayn, Corey Graves, ect.

I think Orton and Batista should really be a tag team. For real. No break up non sense. Have them tag and be a force. Breathe life into the tag division with them actually being a team. But not only should they be a tag team... They should be the co-leaders of the new Evolution... WITHOUT Triple H. Get two young guys to join in and they form a stable...

The new Evolution (tweeners), The Wyatts (heels), and the Shield (faces) would make for some interesting feuds. Couple that with the Authority's hatred for Bryan and of course the new Evolution for taking on the name without The Game.

This is a new era in the WWE. Bryan represents a large part of that change. They just can't screw it up.

They can't break up the Shield now. Too much positive heat for them at the moment. Let them get a good face run. They're tearing it up.

Last night, I watched a large portion of the first Halloween Havoc from 1989 on the WWE Network.  Holy crap, it was like revisiting my childhood.  Memories came flooding back.  The Midnight Express with Beautiful Bobby and Sweet Stan.  I had forgotten how freaking awesome the Fabulous Freebirds entrance music was.  Remembering that I was legit frightened by The Skyscrapers...cut me some slack, I was nine and back then, wrestling was a lot more real....Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey were scary dudes.  Plus the final match had Ric Flair, Sting (the face painted, surfer version) and the Great Muta, who I remember now being the green mist spitting guy.  It even had a young IRS, back when he was Mike Rotunda, in the opening match.  That pretty much made signing up worth it in one night.

I agree with those who say the Paige debut was botched. We'd had this talk before. I think she should have been the female member of the Shield. It should have been something where AJ and maybe the Bellas were yelling at each other in the ring. Then the Shield music hits.....the guys surround the ring.....Cole and King are like "They aren't going to attack the Divas, are they?" then out of nowhere comes Paige from the crowd. Nails a few movies and holds the title over AJ all balled up on the mat. Then her story could be about winning the Divas title as some point to turn it back into the Women's Championship. She's there to correct the injustice in the women's division. blah blah.

coming out to offer congrats? Please? I hate that even when a superstar does it. For a debut? Bad writing.

Jeff Jarrett Announces New Wrestling Promotion.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/4/7/5582796/jeff-jarrett-new-wrestling-promotion-logo

I like the logo and I hope it's a success. I really hope it doesn't become what TNA has become and that is just a poor man's WWE. I hope they present it as less storyline/soap opera orientated and more of a legitimate athletic competition. In other words, "pro wrestling."

Edited by DM72

not loving the name. Hope it works though.

If I'm JJ....I'm looking look for the things that TNA is missing. Good writers.....and speaking/acting coaches. I know its cheesy when we talk about how Cena is a stiff in the ring. I think TNA has some really good performers....who can't cut a good promo and are stuck in a bad story. You know JJ wants talented performers. You NEED that. But if you want to be #2. That's how I'd do it.

Good characters who have to work their way up for titles. A clear path that says you don't just dump a ton of people into the top title story. You build them with ups and downs for every achievement. 

• Like 1

I hope it takes off, for the sake of competition.  But they are competing to be #2 to WWE.  He already broke off and did that once before.  Reading up on it, he still is an investor and I think still owns 21% of the company he is going to try to beat out with his new company.  

I don't know what makes him think anything will be different starting Global Force with Toby Keith, I mean, I can't imagine them having enough money to lure any top card/star power away from WWE.  I'm sure some of the current TNA roster might jump ship and help him out, but it would be the same ole product as far as talent and take a hell of a time to start up from scratch.  The great thing about TNA was he had the the takeover of WCW by WWE in 2001 and they had more talent than they knew what to do with and being a vet with connections, he was able to break off and start a new company up.  

Dixie Carter ruined TNA and I read that him and Keith tried to buy up her fathers shares but his stipulation was that Dixie remained with the company in the role she was in and they declined.  Sounds like he is trying to bury the Carters.  I dunno, if they couldn't get enough money tossed at them at TNA to compete with WWE, I think its going to be awful hard to get that on another start-up company. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I kind of agree about the name. Global Wrestling Federation or Association would have been better. But at least "wrestling" is in their title unlike TNA and ROH.

And as for them competing with the WWE, they shouldn't even try. Just go.out there and create an entertaining/exciting brand of wrestling. DO NOT become yet another poor man's WWE.

Edited by DM72

I see it on his Wiki page, but no breaking news stories. Hoax? What's your source?

Saddened to announce the passing of the Ultimate Warrior. Icon and friend. My sympathy to his wife Dana and his daughters

BREAKING NEWS: WWE is shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of The Ultimate Warrior. http://www.wwe.com/inside/ultimate-warrior-passes-away-26223975 

He was just on TV. He looked a little blown up after the promo but Jesus Christ. I'd assume it was a heart attack

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93