Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

In kayfabe, is Stephanie lying when she says she didnt know anything about this?  What would be the endgame if she is?

If you've noticed recently a lot of their (WWE) characters have shades of grey & are no longer clear cut black or white faces or heels. You've see it the most in Roman. Last night you saw it with Foley if you really paid attention as it was kind of subtle when he put Rollins over backstage with Steph. 

One theory I've heard that makes good sense is HHH paid Roman the receipt he owed him from the last time anyone saw HHH. Then he pays back Staph & Mick for raiding his NXT lockroom with Bailey (who debuted last week) being the final straw. So HHH say F you to Mick & Steph by swerving the guy they drafted #1 & had both put over backstage & puts the strap on his guy Owens since their guy Seth put his guy other guy Finn on the shelf.

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So im curious... whats keeping a guy like heyman from jumping to TNA? His mind is too beautiful to be relegated to Vince and Trips Shadow.... unless he has a say in creative or something (I have been out of the loop for a few years)

I think more than anyone, Heyman knows what it is like to be paid with promises and strip club funny money. Since he basically ran ECW like that for five years.

Heyman is making $300K a year to cut the same promo every few weeks.

I also kind of think the well has run dry for Paul. Ole Anderson was a heck of a booker in 1980. I wouldn't have hired him in 2000.

It's sort of interesting to think about: We have been in a "writers" era for so long that we are rapidly running out of people who could conceivably be a booker if that ever came back into fashion. I think the only guys on the roster who ever experienced a booker are HHH, Jericho, and Wight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK said:

If you've noticed recently a lot of their (WWE) characters have shades of grey & are no longer clear cut black or white faces or heels. You've see it the most in Roman. Last night you saw it with Foley if you really paid attention as it was kind of subtle when he put Rollins over backstage with Steph. 

One theory I've heard that makes good sense is HHH paid Roman the receipt he owed him from the last time anyone saw HHH. Then he pays back Staph & Mick for raiding his NXT lockroom with Bailey (who debuted last week) being the final straw. So HHH say F you to Mick & Steph by swerving the guy they drafted #1 & had both put over backstage & puts the strap on his guy Owens since their guy Seth put his guy other guy Finn on the shelf.

Steph almost had to be in on it though.  How they gonna explain him swerving his own wife?  lol

I can see a scenario where the swerve is Steph is in on it, but Mick is not, leading to a new GM.  Since I suspect Foley was only the GM to put over Holy Foley, which has now started airing.  

16 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

It's in the mail. Be sure to check it every day as I'm not so sure when it will get there.  I paid you in Canadian since Kevin Owens won.

You're gonna get IT.

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

If you take that TK, you s.a.w.f.t. 

And you, you better watch IT.

• Like 3

I have to admit. I love Bray Wyatt's entrance music. So creepy, but it's such a cool sound.

And Mauro is so much better than Michael Cole. I crack up at his nicknames for all the wrestlers moves. "Ambrose with the Peruvian Lariat!" Hilarious.

Edited by pjfootballer

6 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

But he's not a certified G or a bonafide stud. How you doin!

Well who certified you, you stupid idiot?

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Have you not seen the camaro pics, pj?

That was you right, TK? Or am I thinking of another mod?

Drink it in Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain that this is all a big work of the smart fans. HHH being the man who gives us NXT has never quite worked with the HHH who is a corporate jackass on Raw. So his aligning with Owens makes sense. And since it's pretty much impossible to get a physical payback on Stephanie, it makes sense that they would go emotional.

But I could be wrong. It's probably all a big swerve and secretly, they brought back Russo.

16 hours ago, TK said:

Well who certified you, you stupid idiot?

Drink it in Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

It doesn't matter who certified me...know your role and shut your mouth. Jabroni!  :table2:

(I'm running out of wrestler quotes.  I'm sure you have a ton of them up your sleeve. :))

Edited by pjfootballer

I saw Amin Elhassan of ESPN was being a douche tweeting about Kevin Owens' son's reaction to his dad winning the title.  The gist being pouring cold water on the son's reaction cuz it's scripted.  The tweeters were telling him KO's son was autistic, but Amin kept digging deeper.

Edited by justice98

Raw had less than 3 million viewers last week....just in time for Monday Night Football's return.

I honestly think the most interesting question in wrestling right now is this: What is the rating where USA demands massive changes?

PS I don't have the network, but if one thing could make me subscribe it's The Last Battle of Atlanta.

Has anyone watched that yet?

The match was good but lacked the fire of a grudge match. Actually the Ole-Ellering match afterward had more fire and the work more heated.

It probably has to do with being desensitized in the 33 years since but although both men bled like stuck pigs and sold the toll of the match at the end well, just didn't see that brutal and the end of the match was kinda sudden.

I think watching it on TV, a couple things really kept it from being more enjoyable to watch. One was lack of announcing.
  The other thing is that the crowd seemed disengaged. Could be just the way it was recorded but even seeing the people in the front row, they didn't seem too into it. Maybe the feud just already ran out of steam...I remember when I read about this in the magazines, I was more surprised they were still feuding than that they had a blow off match. The crowd seemed dead when Buzz was on the offensive but picked up when Rich would make a comeback  One thing....when Ole reversed Ellering's piledriver into a back bodydrop, due to the low ceiling, Ellering's feet hit the top of the cage changing the trajectory of the fall and Ellering almost landed on his head....

5 minutes ago, LeesburgSkinFan said:

The match was good but lacked the fire of a grudge match. Actually the Ole-Ellering match afterward had more fire and the work more heated.

It probably has to do with being desensitized in the 33 years since but although both men bled like stuck pigs and sold the toll of the match at the end well, just didn't see that brutal and the end of the match was kinda sudden.

I think watching it on TV, a couple things really kept it from being more enjoyable to watch. One was lack of announcing.
  The other thing is that the crowd seemed disengaged. Could be just the way it was recorded but even seeing the people in the front row, they didn't seem too into it. Maybe the feud just already ran out of steam...I remember when I read about this in the magazines, I was more surprised they were still feuding than that they had a blow off match. The crowd seemed dead when Buzz was on the offensive but picked up when Rich would make a comeback  One thing....when Ole reversed Ellering's piledriver into a back bodydrop, due to the low ceiling, Ellering's feet hit the top of the cage changing the trajectory of the fall and Ellering almost landed on his head....

Tommy Rich was never exactly a worker, and by that point, he was already on his long decline. This was also like year four or five of his face run so maybe the crowd was a little over him. I think the whole thing was just about the blood.

Oh my GAWD! Watching the CWC Semi Finals & TJ Perkins vs Ibushi was absolutely insane. Submissions. Counters. High Flying. Strong Style. Just an amazingly insane match. 

This whole CWC has been right up there with the NXT Takeover show. Can't wait til Hunter is running RAW & Smackdown with what he's been doing at Full Sail.