Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I remember a random promo he gave towards the end of his run in WCW where he referenced a "metamorphosis" that would result in him becoming world champion. Even when he was TV chanp, he seemed like a guy destined for big things.

There is absolutely an alternate universe where Steve Austin and Dustin Rhodes are trading the WCW World Title back and forth in the mid to late 90s. WCW was actually building up some interesting things prior to the Hogan signing. Whether anyone would have tuned into those interesting things is another story entirely of course.

SuperBrawl in 1994 is sort of a fascinating "what if" starting point.

SuperFace Ric Flair defeated super monster Van Vader for the title

Dustin, Pillman, and Sting (the three young babyfaces of the future) take on veteran heels Orndorff and Rude along with their protégé Steve Austin.

Cactus Jack, Max Paynee, and the Nasty Boys have something resembling a "hardcore" tag match.

Harlem Heat, Marcus Alexander Bagwell, Johnny B. Badd, 2 Cold Scorpio and a world's oldest rookie wrestler Diamond Dallas Page are all featured.

Arn Anderson is still healthy and feisty. He's fighting Steven Regal.

Ricky Steamboat is not on the card but in the promotion.

I mean, basically, this WCW roster has the future biggest star of all time (which clearly was never going to happen in Atlanta but still). A guy who would either always be the #2 babyface or #2 heel in WWE during the attitude era (Foley). And a bunch of younger dudes who would eventually be a pretty high level star in one form or another. And it's not like Flair wouldn't have dropped the belt and made whoever they wanted to elevate look like a star eventually.

Jump ahead 8 months to Starrcade......

The main event is Hulk Hogan versus Brutus Goddamn Beefcake.

The match below that on the card is Mr. Freaking T versus Kevin Sullivan.

Sting is now trapped in a feud with Earthquake.

Jim Duggan is your opener and HHH is jobbing to Alex Wright (who I actually think had a ton of potential to be fair).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

Just read that a lot of people left RAW Monday Night before the main event, and that you could see empty seats in the arena on TV.

On top of that, I honestly can't tell you who is champion. Is it still Shaemus? Are they still doing the Daniel Bryan angle with Roman Reigns?

Edited by MLSKINS

I saw this question on another board, and that it was interesting.

What is the lineup for Raw before the show starts?

WWE would have you believe that nothing is scheduled and that all these wrestlers are just hanging out in the building for no real reason. And then someone enters the ring and the Authority starts making random matches with really complicated stipulations that everyone immediately understands.

It's as if the NFL tells six teams to show up to the Meadowlands and then Goodell schedules a bunch of 7 on 7 drills.

Watched the PPV last night. One of my favorite shows in quite some time. The workers brought it. There were some duds (Paige vs. Charlotte stunk), some awesome matches (Tag team triple threat ladder) and a great twist (Reigns snapping and destroying EVERYONE).

I think every worker brought it. Swagger even had a good outing.

That's what they need more of.

Now, keep Reigns as a silent assassin. He was OVER last night when he beat the piss out of everyone like an enraged animal. The Boston crowd was booing him early and they were all standing and going nuts at the end!!!

Do yourself a favor and find Kalisto's Salida Del Sol off the ladder and onto a ladder to one of the Usos.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/12/13/10060354/gif-salida-del-sol-off-a-ladder-onto-another-ladder-at-tlcllsy

Oh. My. God.

Edited by KDawg

Reigns owes HHH for taking one for the team.

My only concern is if Reigns is capable of sustaining this. Because he could easily regress back to the same guy we've been seeing that isn't as over as he needs to be.

I was not as high on the PPV, because I simply didn't care about any of the matches.

Edited by justice98

Unfortunately I have no faith in WWE keeping Reigns as a silent badass type. I can see it now.. RAW opens with an Authority promo to which Reigns comes out and says, "Triple H I thought you were the C.O.O not the P.O.O!" With that stupid grin on his face. A good 85% chance of this happening I'm thinking.

Reigns beats Shameus and wins the belt on Raw. Never seen that before. They never let the belt change hands on regular TV.

They'll probably strip him of the title for Superman punching Vince.

Damn..........I knew I should have finished RAW before I came in here lol.  

Man, that is such a rarity.  I got to see it live before, when Stone Cold beat the Undertaker on Raw in 1999 in Charlotte, NC.

Place went ****ing nuts man.

One of my favorite Raw moments was the Rock going after all of HHH's cronies after he got screwed at a PPV. Raw ends with Rock interrupting HHH's in ring promo, he whips his ass rock bottoms HHH covers him and Hebner counts to 3. The Rock hoists the title belt from the turnbuckle , the place was going crazy. Everybody I knew thought the Rock had actually won the title.

That kind of stuff never happens on Raw. Wish I had watched tonight

• Like 1

I think you'll start seeing it more often with the Network PPVs. Things like that build interest for the PPVs and will help drive Network subs. They just need to be careful and not do too much of it.

By the way, where the eff have Ambrose and the Usos been? The E needs to cover that plot hole.

They gotta do stuff to pop ratings given the current freefall, like have title changes on Raw.

I subscribe to the network, usually watch the PPV the Monday after it happens and try to catch Raw afterwards the same night.  I have to say, that Raw has been boring lately.  

Last night made it interesting though.  I still wish they would cut Raw back to 2 hours and Smackdown to one hour.  They took a hit to the main roster, trimming an hour for each show would make them more meaningful, imo.