Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which 90's Redskin Would You Want to See Play for Gibbs?

jimster

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Of all the players that played for the Redskins under Norv, Marty and Spurrier - Which would you have been intrigued to see under Joe Gibbs the most?

...Try to not think whether or not we would have drafted or signed that player under Gibbs.

Larry Bowie would be terrific in the role that Mike Sellars plays now

Brian Mitchell

A healthy and light Tre Johnson, circa 1996

Marvcus Patton at LB would be a terror under Greg Williams

Darryl Pounds would be solid depth at DB and on special teams

Stephen Alexander would be a real nice h-back

Ken Harvey. 57 was a beast, pair him with GW and Coach and he's an even bigger bad ass.

EDIT:

I'd be intrigued to see Shuler with Coach Gibbs leading him as well... He might have panned out different.

My first thoughts were Frank Wycheck and Jon Jansen. Jon hopefully will stay healthy and kick butt this season. Wycheck got cheesed by Norv. Tre Johnson would have been to every Pro Bowl for 10 years in Gibbs system. Stephen Davis would have been a beast. Most of the other drat picks may not have fit into the system.

Go Fun 'n Gun:pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

I am a little curious how Heath Shuler would've performed under Gibbs.

I am too, 'cause you know he wouldn't have been thrown to the wolves like he was with Norv.

...But then again - Trent Green would have been amazing too.

I voted for Stephen Davis, but would like to see Brian Mitchell in his prime playing for Gibbs as well as Tre Johnson. I am a little curious how Heath Shuler would've performed under Gibbs.

Brian Mitchell did play for Gibbs.

I have a feeling Heath Shuler would have been the PR of his day....alot of promise and talent but refusing to use it the way JG wanted and he would have frustrated the heck out of him and been cut in a few years after wasting his time on the bench with mysterious ailments or something like that.

Stephen Davis could have been Gibbs' Riggins (assuming he had stayed healthy)

While i liked stephen davis..... he ALWAYS had fumble hands at the WORST times..... I mean his last carry as a redskin was against philly and it was a lost fumble. Arizona game he fumbles into the endzone, Aeneas williams takes it 104 yards for a TD and 14pt swing (we lost), The monday night dallas game where we just had to burn the clock and on the game winning first down he lost a fumble on the way down... etc etc etc.

I voted for larry centers because he was just awesome. He is def a blue collar gibbs player that brings his lunch pail to work everyday, and although he probably would have put up the same numbers no matter what coach he had, i would just like to see him wearing our colors again.

I went with Harvey, mostly because he was a classy player that had the misfortune of being on some bad teams, both here and with the Cards. Under Gregg Williams I think he would have been even more of a monster, and the fact he wanted to outwork everyone makes him a classic Gibbs guy. I think you'd see even better numbers from Harvey in this system than what Marcus Washington produces. (And that is not meant to be a knock on Marcus, Harvey was that good).

Archived