Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which 90's Redskin Would You Want to See Play for Gibbs?

jimster

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest santana4prez

I voted for Ken Harvey but Stephen Davis, Larry Centers, Terry Allen, and Brad Johnson were all good players for us.:helmet:

I would have liked to see Lavar actually play under Gibbs

Blame Lavar for that.

I went with Harvey, mostly because he was a classy player that had the misfortune of being on some bad teams, both here and with the Cards. Under Gregg Williams I think he would have been even more of a monster, and the fact he wanted to outwork everyone makes him a classic Gibbs guy. I think you'd see even better number from Harvey in this system then what Marcus Washington produces. (And that is not meant to be a knock on Marcus, Harvey was that good).

I also went with Ken Harvey, for the same reasons described above by SkinsDukes. Besides being a classy player, Harvey was pretty good. I wish he'd had the chance to be on some better teams (such as Gibbs-led teams).

I picked Ken Harvey because he was my favorite out of the people mentioned and he had huge character. Stephen Davis would be my second. Unfortunately, Ken Harvey wouldn't really be playing for Gibbs as much as it would really be playing for Greg Williams because Gibbs leaves the defense to GW .... but he keeps up with it enough to know what is going on and identify his players.

TRE' JOHNSON(even though RANDY is a stud) one of the REDSKINS best guards

BRIAN MITCHELL-isnt it OBVIOUS; a true LEADER & BALLER

KEN HARVEY-with him attacking one END, with CARTER on the other side: shoring up a "D" line with SALA'VEA amf GRIFFIN.........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Larry Bowie would be terrific in the role that Mike Sellars plays now

Brian Mitchell

A healthy and light Tre Johnson, circa 1996

Marvcus Patton at LB would be a terror under Greg Williams

Darryl Pounds would be solid depth at DB and on special teams

Stephen Alexander would be a real nice h-back

I voted for Ken Harvey - having him bookending Marcus Washington would banish lingering memories of Mr Arrington very quickly. A young healthy Stephen Davis would do very nicley as well.

I went with Terry Allen. It's very easy to forget that in addition to a good north south runner, Terry Allen was fantastic at picking up the blitzes. Given that Gibbs like to ru the more time consuming routes, having somebody to pick up the blitzer is a huge bonus. For what it's worth, I thought CP came a long way in this regard last year, though most people were probably just happy with the yardage.

I voted for larry centers because he was just awesome. He is def a blue collar gibbs player that brings his lunch pail to work everyday, and although he probably would have put up the same numbers no matter what coach he had, i would just like to see him wearing our colors again.

I voted Centers too...I think he would have been one hell of an H-Back.

My first thoughts were Frank Wycheck and Jon Jansen. Jon hopefully will stay healthy and kick butt this season. Wycheck got cheesed by Norv. Tre Johnson would have been to every Pro Bowl for 10 years in Gibbs system. Stephen Davis would have been a beast. Most of the other drat picks may not have fit into the system.

Go Fun 'n Gun:pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

Good Call. I voted for Stephen Davis. I think Gibbs would have loved to bang him up the middle, but I would have liked to see Tre Johnson.

Some of y'all need to read up on your Redskins history...BMitch played under Gibbs for 3 years from 1990-92. He has a superbowl ring from Gibbs. Its embarassing that you guys don't know that...:doh:
I'm glad somone brought that up.

I would have to say Ken Harvey. The guy was a beast and has played on nothing but loser teams. We got him from Arizona...nuff said.

Him and Washington would be phenominal.

My vote would be Stephen Davis and Larry Centers.

I was thinking Wycheck was drafted by Gibbs, but after thinking about it, he came right after Gibbs and Norv cut him amid steroid allegations.

So, I'm not sure Wycheck would have been a "Gibbs guy."

Hail,

H

My first instinct was to go with Stephen Davis, aka John Riggins reincarnated, but "three yards and a cloud of dust" doesn't cut it anymore, as we learned in Coach Gibbs's first season back. I feel like that's how Davis would've been used (although he's a lot bigger than portis, so maybe it would have worked).

Then I thought I should pick Ken Harvey. But I'm not sure he's the ideal LB for our situation? No doubt he was a great one, but he was more of a pass rusher--nothing wrong with that, but might have struggled if asked to pass cover like our smaller, faster linebackers.

So I picked Michael Westbrook. He's the big, physical receiver we don't have right now--a very athletic fellow. I'm sure if Gibbs had been the coach in '97, Westbrook would never have pummeled Stephen Davis at practice. The guy had a promising career ahead of him, if he could just have stayed healthy. Maybe things would have gone differently under Gibbs.

Stephen Davis was a great runner, but had a full back in front of him under Norv. I'm not sure if he'd have been a second Riggins in the one-back set. The fact that he spent a year or so as a full back to help Norv out, shows that he was a Gibbs-style Redskin, and that he could hit the hole with authority. But I'm still not convinced he would have put up the same type of numbers without a lead blocker.

Ken Harvey was great under Norv, and would have been great under Gibbs as well. But, since Gibbs usually hands the defense completely over to his coordinator, I'm not sure that picking a defensive player for this poll makes much sense -- Gibbs' influence comes through more on the offensive side of the ball.

For these reasons, I have to go with Brad Johnson. He was everything Gibbs looks for in a QB and I feel Joe would have directed Brad to multiple Superbowls. :2cents:

Ditto on the Brad Johnson pick. He's just what Gibbs was talking about when he benched Ramsey. Johnson doesn't take too many risks and can get the ball to a spot on the field with good accuracy.

You saw what Norv did with Brad Johnson, now multiply that by 10 and you see what GIbbs could do with Brad Johnson.

I say similar things for Gus Ferrotte before the head banger.

but if Davis is here when Gibbs comes back, do we make the trade for CP?

i always think the same thing. if spurrier had not run stephen davis out of town, then we would have an aging running back, and still have champ bailey. then it becomes a question of who dont we acquire, shawn springs or carlos rogers?

davis would have been too old at this point in his career and we might be looking at ladell betts as our RB of the future.

Al Sauders would probably love to have a Larry Centers in his prime and Davis is his prime would probably keep the running game chugging along but since Jim Lachey isn't one of the choices, I'd have to go with Ken Harvey in HIS prime. As a Pro Bowler and every down player, he's a guy I think Gregg Williams would absolutely LOVE.

Archived